• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I have a hunch that it Square's still on this, then they'd go for Tomb Raider in Smash before anything else.
Lara is super slept on tbh

Back when the game came out and we had the datamine+Vergeben VERY confident that the DLC character after Joker was a Square Enix character, there were wars upon wars over the identity of "Brave".
I wonder what the Japanese fans thought of people arguing over that.

D

Deleted member

Lara is super slept on tbh

I wonder what the Japanese fans thought of people arguing over that.
I remember hearing stuff on DQ Discord servers and forums about japanese fans hearing the rumours and hoping It was a DQ rep so It became more visible in the West (or stuff in that vein).

And yeah, I feel people do sleep on Lara's chances too.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yeah, I remember those arguments.

When the datamines came in I was constantly being positive that the DQ8 Hero would have a decent shot to at least be an alt of Luminary or Erdrick due to the western impact of DQ8, with most people going back to me claiming It was unlikely for silly reasons.

Thankfully I ended up not being in the wrong at all and actually called the reason he got added as an alt for the most part, which was quite satisfactory after many years wanting him in Smash.
Getting Guv in Smash still feels like I made a wish on some monkeys paw or something.

I wanted a level 5 character, he's technically a Level 5 character, but he's an alt and not his own fighter.

D

Deleted member

Getting Guv in Smash still feels like I made a wish on some monkeys paw or something.

I wanted a level 5 character, he's technically a Level 5 character, but he's an alt and not his own fighter.
Yeah, I could see why you find It that way.

I would still love to see Layton in Smash, played his games a lot as a child.

I still need to start playing Layton's Mystery Journey doh. Hopefully sometime this summer.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean. I like FNaF is the thing.

I just realize that there are characters with longer lasting legacy than a bunch of spoopy Chuckie Cheese knockoffs that Markiplier launched into the public conscious is all.

That, and, the series is kinda... non-existent in Japan. It's on Steam, but I seriously doubt it's very popular.
Actua- ahem, I mean, AKTHUALLY, there are some big fan on FNAF in Japan. Some even having bought alot of FNAF merchandise.

Now, it is big as say, Undertale fandom in Japan? Probably not, it's still quite small, but I feel like if there was FNAF-content in Smash, there be more reactions in the East that one might think. Even if the chance of even getting a Mii Costume seem low imo.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Bruh, my computer really crashed when I got to flowey, guess I gotta fricking fight asgore again

Edit: disregard this please

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actua- ahem, I mean, AKTHUALLY, there are some big fan on FNAF in Japan. Some even having bought alot of FNAF merchandise.

Now, it is big as say, Undertale fandom in Japan? Probably not, it's still quite small, but I feel like if there was FNAF-content in Smash, there be more reactions in the East that one might think. Even if the chance of even getting a Mii Costume seem low imo.
I've seen japanese youtubers play FNaF games, so I'd say the series does have some kind of presence at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Brave is..... whoever I want it to be, because at the end of the day, aren't all protagonists really brave?
No.
I've seen japanese youtubers play FNaF games, so I'd say the series does have some kind of presence at least.
Is it a big presence? Because I've seen the same for Doom and then you look at the numbers and it tells a different story.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The first mistake is trusting the Smash community to be bright enough to do research and not... ya know, go ****ing ask the Japanese playerbase their opinions about characters.

Everyone said "Oh Banjo's a NOBODY in Japan." And yet, not only did Banjo Kazooie sell extremely well for a Western developed game, the duo was received generally favorably from online reactions.

I know there's a language barrier, but, c'mon.

Granted, this is the same community that has people in it who unironically think that Nintendo adding DKC to NSO is a super secret hint hint nudge nudge that Geno is coming as FP7 and only they get the hint...... I'm not kidding by the way, I ****ing saw that **** in the Geno thread like last night.
But Shroob:
1594271963763.jpeg

DK is in Mario RPG so it has to mean something!

D

Deleted member

No.

Is it a big presence? Because I've seen the same for Doom and then you look at the numbers and it tells a different story.
A big presence idk.

But honestly not that concerned about that kind of stuff anymore as I have mostly left speculation in general due to many factors.

D

Deleted member

Noticing a pattern where the Geno thread comes up a lot in these discussions.
Yeah, even as someone who does want Mario RPG content in Smash I have to admit that thread goes way too nuts over a lot of stuff without any reason.

I tend to have a better time with Geno supporters around Discord doh, so there's that.

I guess the Geno thread is what happens when you get too invested in speculation.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
My AMA

One final self promotion guys as it's been pretty fun to do. Admittedly there's a few of you guys who I'm surprised hasn't asked but I'm not going to force anyone. So here's a pic of my Goddess Noire to finish off.

1594272403279.png

Please don't be have no replies when I wake up. Regardless thank you Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku for letting me to do it.

I'm in the middle of heating discussion it seems but no.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There's someone deadass saying in that thread right now that Sakurai is 'signaling' to them that if there's a Direct this month, that it'll be Geno because this is the same month that Hero released.

.......No, that's not how that works.
Sakurai blinked morse code in the Min Min presentation.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There's someone deadass saying in that thread right now that Sakurai is 'signaling' to them that if there's a Direct this month, that it'll be Geno because this is the same month that Hero released.

Still makes more sense than "Geno will be FP7 and revealed at July 7th".

Shroob

Sup?
Like, I got nothing against Geno and would be fine if he's in.

But at this point, if he's not, for the love of god, can the next character be from Square and please put them out of their misery? The things you see in that thread are not....healthy.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I honestly disliked that mentallity too quite a lot.

If Geno is in he will be revealed when the devs find the right time to prepare a presentation, not because of some weird random coincidence the fans come up with.

Deeply looking forward for this speculation cycle to end already so I don't have to bother with this kind of stuff at least until the next Smash game.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Like, I got nothing against Geno and would be fine if he's in.

But at this point, if he's not, for the love of god, can the next character be from Square and please put them out of their misery? The things you see in that thread are not....healthy.
Everything I see in there seems fine to me, nobody is taking these stretch theories seriously. We're having fun with it.

The "Sakurai is signaling to us" thing sounds weird, but anything like that is usually silly or just a very small amount of users taking stuff too seriously - though I don't really remember this post. I see a post remotely like that, but...yeah, remotely, as it mentions the Hero stuff but doesn't imply any big stretches nor says Sakurai is signaling us.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
More signalling from the Byleth presentation

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Right guys I'm gonna head to bed.

Anyone who wants to go for Round 2 of questions can go and all that.

Like I said I'll close it late afternoon my time if the head chef is fine with it.

Final Port of Call!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Everything I see in there seems fine to me, nobody is taking these stretch theories seriously. We're having fun with it.

The "Sakurai is signaling to us" thing sounds weird, but anything like that is usually silly or just a very small amount of users taking stuff too seriously - though I don't really remember this post.
I dunno.

Anytime I see stuff like, "Guys, the Newcomer thread is talking about 2B. Please convince me she has no chance", ****'s a bit wack. There's being passionate about your character, and then there's surrounding yourself in an echo chamber where everyone tells themselves what they want to hear.

Hell, I remember someone joking around with Fatman less than a week ago IMPLYING that people in the Newcomer thread were ****ing jealous of the Geno thread and wanted to join in....when.... no, we kinda pity it tbh. It's weird.

D

Deleted member

The way I see It: I feel speculation doesn't really do any good for anyone besides overcomplicating simple stuff involving an innocent crossover game.

It could be as simple as one person saying "Hi, I want this character because of these reasons!" with another person replying "Nice, I personally agree/disagree but would be cool if you get your wish!" and just end It at that. Because in the end It is just a game.

But when people start overthinking everything, going like "no, this one deserves to be in over that one" or "this character has legacy and all that so you must take It seriously"... That's when It starts becoming really tiresome.

I mostly just use Smashboards to hang out with really cool people such as Osby, Guh-Huzzah, DerpingPikachu and many others who all understand me better than my family ever did and happen to also play Smash while enjoying my presence without caring about who I want in... Not to get into overthinking mode in regards to Fighter Passes and all that.

Things just could be simpler... And I want to get away from speculation because It makes everything too complicated and causes more unneeded divisions rather than better connections.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Well speaking of directs the guy that leaked the
Last one seems to be hinting that the one he said is coming this month will be the 20th. So time will tell.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I dunno.

Anytime I see stuff like, "Guys, the Newcomer thread is talking about 2B. Please convince me she has no chance", ****'s a bit wack. There's being passionate about your character, and then there's surrounding yourself in an echo chamber where everyone tells themselves what they want to hear.

Hell, I remember someone joking around with Fatman less than a week ago IMPLYING that people in the Newcomer thread were ****ing jealous of the Geno thread and wanted to join in....when.... no, we kinda pity it tbh. It's weird.
Alright, I don't remember this either, but I'll admit at least a couple or so users can sometimes take things too seriously. No one seems to be "unhealthy" though.

I don't think Newcomer Speculation is much better, though. Felt worse tbh; some good people in there, but yeah it finally got tiring due to some stuff with past stuff also having been tiring. Geno thread is usually friendly, though I do think some dudes are too quick to assume stuff when a guy comes in with a differing opinion about some info or whatever. I guess I can kinda understand given past stuff to do with the Geno thread, but it is a bit bothersome when it happens.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Everything I’ve learned is that if I wanna see smash fans go out of their way to find out how their character is in, I should go to the Geno thread.
Thanks, everyone. This should be plenty fun.

D

Deleted member

I would make a question to the thread as a way to slowly move away from this topic as speculation as a whole doesn't do any good for my mind.

But I know my question will be ignored as It tends to happen to anyone whenever there's "serious" speculation going on so I don't know if I should even try...

Shroob

Sup?
Alright, I don't remember this either, but I'll admit at least a couple or so users can sometimes take things too seriously. No one seems to be "unhealthy" though.

I don't think Newcomer Speculation is much better, though. Felt worse tbh; some good people in there, but yeah it finally got tiring due to some stuff with past stuff also having been tiring. Geno thread is usually friendly, though I do think some dudes are too quick to assume stuff when a guy comes in with a differing opinion about some info or whatever.
I mean, I said it in the Newcomer thread, I'll say it here.

I went into the Geno thread with an open mind, never really 'looking' into it aside from that one time it got locked.

I left feeling like I had just stepped out of a Flat-Earth truther club.

It's a thread full of bizarre conspiracies and self-affirmation, and you can say people are just 'joking' sure, but it's not helping the thread's image problem of being kinda nuts. Doesn't help that it's the only character thread that's had to be locked 3 times now in under 2 years because a handful of people had meltdowns over people saying things they didn't agree with.

And don't get me started on Fatman.

D

Deleted member

**** It, doesn't hurt to try:

Any recent game ya'll haven't bought yet but still want to try out a lot?

In my case that would be Persona 5 Royal.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
**** It, doesn't hurt to try:

Any recent game ya'll haven't bought yet but still want to try out a lot?

In my case that would be Persona 5 Royal.
For me it’s also Persona 5 Royal, but also ACNH and Punch Out Wii.
(istg i’m not copying anyone)

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m late to the discussion though I’ll go and say it. Freddy is very, very, very unlikely to get in Smash, I think. I seriously doubt he will.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For me it’s also Persona 5 Royal, but also ACNH and Punch Out Wii.
(istg i’m not copying anyone)
Punch Out Wii is something I always wanted to try. People around Discord really reccomend It to me as It seemingly is both an accessible and really challenging Game. And I do like to have challenges in my games.
Hopefully I find It in the near future and if not I may emulate It.

I do own New Horizons, and I have to say each update has made the game improve through the months, adding new activities and items to collect.
Honestly looking forward to the updates we may get for Winter, as It could turn out quite cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom