• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I had a rather eventful day. I'm gonna practice condensing sentences tonight.

1. I got kicked out of McDonald's. Apparently if you don't have a car, they won't serve you. An acquaintance of mine told me he would've walked the drive thru. I just lifted my shoulders and walked to Burger King. From doing it though I saw which shops actually cared and which didn't about social distancing.
---------------------
2. Went to visit said close acquaintance after (same guy who gave the idea to join the forums) and was chatting away with him. This little chav kid told me and him that we play **** games. Now my acquaintance knows his taste and has a great palate for games. Past few days he's been playing Borderlands, No Man's Sky, the Sword Art Online games and was planning on getting Code Vein today. I've been playing Hitman 2, The Outer Worlds and Trails of Cold Steel.

This chav plays COD, Fortnite and stuff, saying we play **** games. I say:
sdasxasddaxa.png

Try playing better games.
And this same kid (who's 14) begged me while talking to the guy to buy him a scratchcard when you need to be 16. "I'll go halfers" he says. I'm like I don't care, I never risk money on games of chance. Then he went on a rant about the Coronavirus is fake the brat. "Do you know anyone who got it?" he asks me. "No but stop being a denier. Grow up." I reacted and my acquaintance said yeah, girl a few streets away lost her mum from it.
-------
3. Well it finally happened. Re:Zero Season 2 began airing at long last. And I started crying twice. Cause it opened and really hit. Well worth the wait.
A few other things like making teriyaki chicken and playing Blazblue for the first time in a while. How's the rest of you guys today!?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just because It's been on my mind as of late.... I really don't get the appeal of the X-Men. Maybe it's because they were never presented in an appealing way in any media in my life time but..... i just don't understand the appeal.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So I had a rather eventful day. I'm gonna practice condensing sentences tonight.

1. I got kicked out of McDonald's. Apparently if you don't have a car, they won't serve you. An acquaintance of mine told me he would've walked the drive thru. I just lifted my shoulders and walked to Burger King. From doing it though I saw which shops actually cared and which didn't about social distancing.
---------------------
2. Went to visit said close acquaintance after (same guy who gave the idea to join the forums) and was chatting away with him. This little chav kid told me and him that we play **** games. Now my acquaintance knows his taste and has a great palate for games. Past few days he's been playing Borderlands, No Man's Sky, the Sword Art Online games and was planning on getting Code Vein today. I've been playing Hitman 2, The Outer Worlds and Trails of Cold Steel.

This chav plays COD, Fortnite and stuff, saying we play **** games. I say:
View attachment 277721
Try playing better games.
And this same kid (who's 14) begged me while talking to the guy to buy him a scratchcard when you need to be 16. "I'll go halfers" he says. I'm like I don't care, I never risk money on games of chance. Then he went on a rant about the Coronavirus is fake the brat. "Do you know anyone who got it?" he asks me. "No but stop being a denier. Grow up." I reacted and my acquaintance said yeah, girl a few streets away lost her mum from it.
-------
3. Well it finally happened. Re:Zero Season 2 began airing at long last. And I started crying twice. Cause it opened and really hit. Well worth the wait.
A few other things like making teriyaki chicken and playing Blazblue for the first time in a while. How's the rest of you guys today!?
That sounds like a lot to struggle through... that's rough. Did Re:Zero help you relax at least? Was it enjoyable?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hypothetically, if one were to be hypothetically thinking of making an indie 2D platformer in the vein of the 90s DKC games, do you think there’d be a market for it? It would hypothetically still have the comforts of a modern game, but the art style would be reminiscent of the classic Rare Donkey Kong games.

Hypothetically.

D

Deleted member

Hypothetically, if one were to be hypothetically thinking of making an indie 2D platformer in the vein of the 90s DKC games, do you think there’d be a market for it? It would hypothetically still have the comforts of a modern game, but the art style would be reminiscent of the classic Rare Donkey Kong games.

Hypothetically.
I think there would be a market, yes.

More so if your push a lot for the artstyle, as games with attractive visuals and artistic choices tend to get attention (as in the case of Cuphead or Shovel Knight).

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Haven't had fast food for quite a while. The last time I had fast food was when I went in to Taco Bell for the first time in my town.

On the bolded - When I went out to town for the first time since lockdown, some of the shops usually recommend me to use the hand sanitiser before I enter.

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
So Mandycan came back but it’s not what you expect
There was a problem fetching the tweet

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Hypothetically.
I'd play that, go for it.

Also hiii haven't seen you in a second.

D

Deleted member

Hypothetically.
I mean, it would be a breath of fresh air compared to all those faux 8-bit games nowadays. Also this early 90s GCI has some pretty unique charm, which you just don't see anymore due to technical advancements.

And now I'm reminded of the video were DK and Diddy were replaced by classic DK and DK Jr. in DKC.

D

Deleted member

Now that you're here Noipoi Noipoi , I finally got Tyranitar in SwSh.

It is easily the most OP Pokémon I have on my team at the moment.

Just thought you would like to hear that.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
So Mandycan came back but it’s not what you expect
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It’s always the most annoying thing when people say “You miss the person you thought they were.”
I don’t know about Sabi, but they’re referring to the entire Smash community when they say that. And not all of these people were evil human beings. Some were pretty good people.
I’m not defending their actions in any way, I’m just saying, people should stop with the “person you THOUGHT they were” stuff.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Announced today that a physical version of Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time is only available through Limited Run Games.

I thought the game was always going to be a normal physical set up but apparently not.

Leaning towards going digital though.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Hypothetically.
I’d definitely say it’s worth looking into. Also, hello again!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If there was a Street Fighter "Everyone is here" game akin to Tekken Tag or Smash Ultimate... what games qualify? Just the main series? Do Street Fighter EX and Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game count? Street Fighter II: The Interactive Movie? Street Fighter 2010? Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation? How much should show up from Final Fight or Rival Schools? How do you go about it?

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
If there was a Street Fighter "Everyone is here" game akin to Tekken Tag or Smash Ultimate... what games qualify? Just the main series? Do Street Fighter EX and Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game count? Street Fighter II: The Interactive Movie? Street Fighter 2010? Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation? How much should show up from Final Fight or Rival Schools? How do you go about it?
personally i'd have all the mainline people then sprinkle in a few from ex and rival schools

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Another thing I'd like to see in a Marvel vs. Capcom 4 is what Injustice 2 did with Premium Costumes: where a costume is a completely different character but they get different voice lines or even a variation of the level 3 super. Something like these (my opinion)

Premium Costumes.png

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I guess the international mail is sort of back to normal. That Yuri Lowell figure I ordered is making good time on the way here.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
real men bring their cats to a jazz club while a perfectionist of a singer amazes everyone around you

D

Deleted member

Hypothetically.
Hey! :)

*Definetly* gonna be interest in that! If you want good game engines, I reccomend looking into Unreal Engine! (Clickteam is nice as well, but it has it’s limits.) Good luck my guy! If there’s any way I can help, feel free to let me know.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Hypothetically.
I think that'd be great. The DKC games are legendary and I would replay them if I wasn't trying to experience new things right now like Project+, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX

Also, hello Poi of the Noi. Glad to see you back :)

Dutch Raikuna

Well guys I found out I'm going to England next weekend like I thought for an entire month.

It's this weekend.
1594246044505.png

And I hate airports!

That sounds like a lot to struggle through... that's rough. Did Re:Zero help you relax at least? Was it enjoyable?
It hit hard and was crying.

Also to you guys that sounds like a rough day. To me it's another day in the area.

Noipoi Noipoi good to see your alive. Trust you are well?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, as someone unfamiliar with it, a dress still feels weird in a manner I can't really describe. Guess it's just a matter of getting used to it, though it was a big step for me even getting one to begin with.

Dutch Raikuna

Holy hell guys.

I've never been this blindsided by going somewhere. I thought for months that it was the 19th I was going to England but it's this Sunday. I'm crying and laughing at the same time.

So what I need to do:

Order a novel to read. I was planning on going into town next week to get one.
Get music onto my phone.
Get a lot of **** done.

Well I'm stressed guys. Good news is that I'll be showing you guys some good photos a week earlier.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Holy hell guys.

I've never been this blindsided by going somewhere. I thought for months that it was the 19th I was going to England but it's this Sunday. I'm crying and laughing at the same time.

So what I need to do:

Get music onto my phone.
Get a lot of **** done.

Well I'm stressed guys. Good news is that I'll be showing you guys some good photos a week earlier.
Is it even safe to travel right now?

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Holy hell guys.

So what I need to do:

Get music onto my phone.
Get a lot of **** done.

Relax and just do what you need to do bit by bit. Though I have to admit, traveling in the midst of all this ain't the best idea.

Just keep calm and get the things you need in a calm fashion. No need to lose cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom