• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

While I currently gave up on my dream of voice acting due to negative feedback from people in the past, I do still want to give the dream a chance sometime in the future when I get a full job and can afford it.

Seeing both Guh-Huzzah and you enjoy the job does inspire me, more so as one of the persons who helped both keep going for It. And I'm glad you are enjoying It quite a lot.
Yeah, it’s definitely a lot of fun! If you wanna go for it, go for it! Don’t let anyone stop you! :)

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
From an outsider looking in I do have a romanticism about VA work, though I have heard its hard work and can really damage your vocal cords if you aren't careful. That makes me think you are really cool Taylor F ^^, going around and meeting all these cool people, leaving your mark on people. I can only dream about stuff like that. Please be careful not to push yourself too hard though.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, it’s definitely a lot of fun! If you wanna go for it, go for it! Don’t let anyone stop you! :)
Hopefully I manage to get some cool roles in the near future.

And looking forward to your future roles too.

D

Deleted member

From an outsider looking in I do have a romanticism about VA work, though I have heard its hard work and can really damage your vocal cords if you aren't careful. That makes me think you are really cool Taylor F ^^, going around and meeting all these cool people, leaving your mark on people. I can only dream about stuff like that. Please be careful not to push yourself too hard though.
Aw, well I’m glad you think so! That made my day, thank you! qwq

And yeah, it’s definetly hard. Contrary to popular belief, it’s not just, “doing voices.” You really have to act and give it your all, which can be hard in such a tight space. And don’t worry, I’ll be careful! :)

Thanks for this post, you made my day. qwq

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah, water is strongly advised when voicing raspy or gruff sounding characters.

D

Deleted member

So, what games have you done Voice work for if you don't mind me asking?
Mostly FNAF stuff.

Big shocker, I know. lol

I was actually in on an original game where I played a goofy drill instructor or something like that, but he ended up being scrapped ‘cause they found he just didn’t work for the tone of the game, which stinks, but is understandable. At the end of the day, I want what’s best for the finished product, and if I’m not a part of that, I completely understand!

So I don’t think I’m a part of any original games at the moment, but I’m pretty sure the dev of one particularly cool game is interested in having me, so that’s nice! Hopefully I can land a role in that, it’s a great game. Either way, I definitely want to be involved in more original projects. :)

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I usual thought they would use a audio enhancer for those kind of voices. Make's me feel bad for Snake's voice Actor.

I myself have done a bit of voice acting in college for assignments and I can say it certainly can be fun, especially if the takes go smoothly with your voice director.
That does sound fun. How were the assignments?

D

Deleted member

Actually, here’s something I did for a Disney fangame where I played an armadillo. If you go to 0:53 you can hear one of my voice lines. If I had more I would show them. LOL

I usual thought they would use a audio enhancer for those kind of voices. Make's me feel bad for Snake's voice Actor.
Just from my understanding, a character like Snake isn’t going to do any damage to your vocal cords because that “groggly” tone is... Well, it just doesn’t hurt. You feel it, but it doesn’t hurt. What tends to hurt is screaming, or if your voicing a character where they have a *very* scratchy or groggly tone. In a case like Snake’s, thats not too groggly and tends to be placed in a part of your throat that doesn’t hurt. (Of course, that’s just from my understanding. The VAs method may be different from what I speculate.)

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
That voice sounds really cute like those duck whistle things but softer.

As for FNAF I get jumpscared too easily so I stay away from it so I won't suffer any pain or night terrors,

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

That does sound fun. How were the assignments?
Two of them were taking certain scenes from movies and just re-dubbing it ourselves. These two were Toy Story, where I voiced Woody and Buzz, in the Pizza Planet scene when they were inside the rocket and were hiding from Sid. The other one was Anomalisa where I voiced Michael Stone, the main protagonist, for a variety of scenes. One take in particular was good enough to the point where the voice director and staff straight up couldn't tell which one was the original take. :laugh:

I also did one in a live style voice over where I was voicing a character with others at the same time instead of individual takes. The voice director said I sounded a lot like how Sean Schemmel does voice over when he's Goku. :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That voice sounds really cute like those duck whistle things but softer.

As for FNAF I get jumpscared too easily so I stay away from it so I won't suffer any pain or night terrors,
Aw, thanks!

And yeah, some fan characters can be really creepy. lol

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Two of them were taking certain scenes from movies and just re-dubbing it ourselves. These two were Toy Story, where I voiced Woody and Buzz, in the Pizza Planet scene when they were inside the rocket and were hiding from Sid. The other one was Anomalisa where I voiced Michael Stone, the main protagonist, for a variety of scenes. One take in particular was good enough to the point where the voice director and staff straight up couldn't tell which one was the original take. :laugh:
Amazing ^^. I hope your classmates weren't too jealous.

My voice is a little weird, though people have made recommendations for me answering phones since I have a pleasant voice I heard

D

Deleted member

My voice is a little weird, though people have made recommendations for me answering phones since I have a pleasant voice I heard
To be honest, I think “weird” voices are always the best ones, ahaha.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I wouldn't say that there's "weird voices". They can have unique qualities, for sure, though that's a good thing.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
One of my friends from HS could do a good impression of the guy that says "Oh no" from Family Guy. I thought it was pretty funny.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

They weren't jealous, they actually celebrated me a lot with the voice overs.

My college professor was taken aback because he thought it was two different people doing Buzz and Woody until I came out and said "no, both of them were me, even in that one scene where I swapped between them without any cuts." :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m told my natural speaking voice has a “cartoony” quality to it, and to be honest, I’m not complaining. lol

D

Deleted member

I’m told my natural speaking voice has a “cartoony” quality to it, and to be honest, I’m not complaining. lol
Yeah, I have to admit your natural voice makes your YouTube livestreams even cooler.

It has a really energetic and positive energy to It, which makes the streams more interesting.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I'm told I have an lisp so I sound all snakey.

I wish I was there Zelda, it must have been really cool to have seen the amazement on your professor's face.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I have to admit your natural voice makes your YouTube livestreams even cooler.

It has a really energetic and positive energy to It, which makes the streams more interesting.
Eyy, thanks! Glad ya think so! qwq

I actually streamed me putting together the visuals for the Stay Calm Remix on Nate’s channel, if you saw that. Lots of fun. lol

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'm told I have an lisp so I sound all snakey.
I apparently have a bit of a lisp that is more pronounced whenever I hear myself in recording and my voice always sounds deeper there too than how I hear it, it makes me sound like 50x dumber which is why I feel like I could never get into VA work with my normal voice

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I chipped my front tooth so I really feel the air pushing out when I use th, s, z, x, and so on. My teacher told me while I was sitting in her class after the exam when everyone else went to different classes that I had an lisp and that when I said things like wish it comes out like fish. Or an infamous one when I commented that the Knight from the Cauntbary tales sounded like a shady guy, my lisp turned Sha into Shi and d, turned into a t the class erupted into laughter much to my embarrassment

D

Deleted member

EDIT: Worded poorly, delete please. .w.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I chipped my front tooth so I really feel the air pushing out when I use th, s, z, x, and so on. My teacher told me while I was sitting in her class after the exam when everyone else went to different classes that I had an lisp and that when I said things like wish it comes out like fish. Or an infamous one when I commented that the Knight from the Cauntbary tales sounded like a shady guy, my lisp turned Sha into Shi and d, turned into a t the class erupted into laughter much to my embarrassment
Ouch, that stings. I don't have a lisp but it seems inconvenient and even embarrassing, understandably so.

D

Deleted member

Yo, Tails PFP gang, Tails PFP gang.

Ahhh, dang, that sounds embarrassing. I’m sorry. qwq

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
"Square is stingy" they said, now there's FOUR Square series in smash.
More and more I'm starting to think the "stinginess" was a result of having to simultaneously acquire licenses for Cloud to be used in the 3DS and Wii U games plus Ultimate.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So in the data of Pokémon Sword/Shield, there are internal names for Pokémon numbers 896 and 897
Hakuba and Kokuba
Nothing else for them.

D

Deleted member

Anyone where good at drawing like line art and manga style sketch art?
There are a lot of good artists here.

From the top of my head I know about Guh-Huzzah (who does drawings too), DerpingPikachu, Wademan94, Dr.Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik/Dr. Metal X, AndreaAC, Knight Dude and many more.

Feel free to tag them if you ever want any art feedback, as they are really friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom