• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
Idk if allowed to talk about it but I’m just gonna give an update on what’s happening now in the fanged pickle server (the one that fool sabi owned) that I’m in.

so the new owners for the server are now brimzone & Monsün (aka best leaker) anyway they’re both very great people I know my time there. & they’ll try to make it a better server for those there. plus old server members that were banned by sabi I think have returned and they really missed this place.

One more thing. the server has been given a name change by the owners & maybe a mod there. It is now called

:starman:CHEESE WORLD:starman:

I’m confused why they chose that name but idc

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do we still not have a tournament or spirit event?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Heard ya'll talking about a roster for a new MvC

Built my current perfect roster

Marvel
1. Captain America
2. Iron Man
3. Thor
4. Hawkeye
5. Hulk
6. Spider-Man
7. Venom
8. Wolverine
9. Cyclops
10. Storm
11. Deadpool
12. Magneto
13. Doctor Doom
14. Rocket Raccoon (& Groot)
15. Thanos
16. Captain Marvel
17. Doctor Strange
18. Ghost Rider
19. Nova
20. Black Panther
21. The Punisher
22. Blade
23. Moon Knight
24. Howard the Duck
25. Squirrel Girl
26. Sister Grimm
27. Daredevil
28. Star-Lord
29. Ant-Man - DLC
30. Black Widow - DLC
31. Doctor Octopus - DLC
32. Gambit - DLC
33. Human Torch - DLC
34. Iron Fist - DLC

Capcom
1. Ryu
2. Chun-Li
3. Mega Man
4. Zero
5. Tron Bonne
6. Albert Wesker
7. Jill Valentine
8. Nemesis
9. Captain Commando
10. Morrigan Aensland
11. Felicia
12. Jedah Dohma
13. Strider Hiryu
14. Dante
15. Vergil
16. Arthur
17. Frank West
18. Phoenix Wright
19. Monster Hunter
20. Amaterasu
21. Edward Falcon
22. Juri Han
23. Akira Kazama
24. Devilotte
25. Tessa
26. Poison
27. June Lin-Millam
28. Asura
29. Leon S. Kennedy - DLC
30. Zangief - DLC
31. Lady - DLC
32. Sigma - DLC
33. Rashid - DLC
34. Viewtiful Joe - DLC

osby

Smash Obsessed
Heard ya'll talking about a roster for a new MvC

Built my current perfect roster

Marvel
1. Captain America
2. Iron Man
3. Thor
4. Hawkeye
5. Hulk
6. Spider-Man
7. Venom
8. Wolverine
9. Cyclops
10. Storm
11. Deadpool
12. Magneto
13. Doctor Doom
14. Rocket Raccoon (& Groot)
15. Thanos
16. Captain Marvel
17. Doctor Strange
18. Ghost Rider
19. Nova
20. Black Panther
21. The Punisher
22. Blade
23. Moon Knight
24. Howard the Duck
25. Squirrel Girl
26. Sister Grimm
27. Daredevil
28. Star-Lord
29. Ant-Man - DLC
30. Black Widow - DLC
31. Doctor Octopus - DLC
32. Gambit - DLC
33. Human Torch - DLC
34. Iron Fist - DLC

Capcom
1. Ryu
2. Chun-Li
3. Mega Man
4. Zero
5. Tron Bonne
6. Albert Wesker
7. Jill Valentine
8. Nemesis
9. Captain Commando
10. Morrigan Aensland
11. Felicia
12. Jedah Dohma
13. Strider Hiryu
14. Dante
15. Vergil
16. Arthur
17. Frank West
18. Phoenix Wright
19. Monster Hunter
20. Amaterasu
21. Edward Falcon
22. Juri Han
23. Akira Kazama
24. Devilotte
25. Tessa
26. Poison
27. June Lin-Millam
28. Asura
29. Leon S. Kennedy - DLC
30. Zangief - DLC
31. Lady - DLC
32. Sigma - DLC
33. Rashid - DLC
34. Viewtiful Joe - DLC
Marvel side looks good. It's missings a few characters that I think should've been in like Scarlet Witch and Ms. Marvel but Nico Minoru was a pleasant. She's not very well-known but I love Runaways and there's so much you can do with her moveset.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I sweat everytime I see PLANTMAN PLANTMAN get quoted I think it's my username appearing in the top of the quote box.

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
There's more characters in Paper Mario than Mario, Peach, Bowser and Toad?

/s
Lol that /s

also yeah u have origami king origami peach Olivia paper bowser jr etc. they could work as new spirit board targets

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Marvel side looks good. It's missings a few characters that I think should've been in like Scarlet Witch and Ms. Marvel but Nico Minoru was a pleasant. She's not very well-known but I love Runaways and there's so much you can do with her moveset.
Never liked Scarlet Witch, and I feel having two characters with Marvel in their name would both be really narcissistic and also confusing.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Way late to the talk about Kirby ore, but Marx is awesome, and Zero will always be the single best Kirby villain due to being so horrifically out of place.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That Samus cake though...
makes me wish Snake had his back
Never liked Scarlet Witch, and I feel having two characters with Marvel in their name would both be really narcissistic and also confusing.
hasn’t been confusing before, so I don’t think it’ll start confusing people now

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
And it's the guy responsible for putting this little easter egg in most of the projects he worked on

Today I learned that Totaka's song is in a Virtual Boy game. Today I also learned of the existence of a game called X-Escape, but cannot seem to find any other information about what the heck it is...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Today I learned that Totaka's song is in a Virtual Boy game. Today I also learned of the existence of a game called X-Escape, but cannot seem to find any other information about what the heck it is...
I believe it's a sequel to the Game Boy game X, which is also in that video. It was for WiiWare I think :yoshi:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Had a really good day today. I just woke up in a good mood for some reason - that's something that rarely happens.

First thing when I did when I got up was start doing some cleaning up around the apartment I had been procrastinating. When I was taking out the trash I realized how nice the weather was today, so I took my bike out to In n Out burger and got some lunch there.

When I got back home, put some dirty laundry in the washer and then played some Quickplay. Today I went 100% Donkey Kong, and my good mood must have been effecting my play because today I brought him from the 4,000,000's all the way up to Elite Smash at around 7,400,00. Now I've got every speedy heavy (:ultcharizard::ultbowser::ultridley::ultdk:) up in there. Don't know why it took me so long to get DK up there when it was so easy for me to get the others.

I feel like in order to succeed with DK, you have to get one or two good reads or edgeguards in almost every match. He takes damage so fast and his recovery is so poor you have to get an early kill in order to take the lead. Thankfully he has a lot of ways to destroy a stock early, but it does mean you have to pay really close attention to your opponent and take some risks. When you do get that read it's one of the best feelings ever. I love the feel of his F-Smash and getting a Fair spike is just invigorating.

I think I'll try to get :ultike: or :ultkrool: in Elite Smash next. Both characters are really fun to play, even if I probably have one of the most honest K.Rools on all of quickplay.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
You guys think that there’s a mod which swaps the voice lines of the male and female versions of characters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You guys think that there’s a mod which swaps the voice lines of the male and female versions of characters
I remember back when I modded my copy of Smash 4 I figured out a way to swap which alts came first, and that you had to move around models, css portraits and voice/sound clips seperately. I probably could have say, given :ultcorrinf:'s voice to :ultcorrin: without having to copy any mods.

Not sure if it's possible to do that on Switch, I really don't want to take the risk of modding mine.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I remember back when I modded my copy of Smash 4 I figured out a way to swap which alts came first, and that you had to move around models, css portraits and voice/sound clips seperately. I probably could have say, given :ultcorrinf:'s voice to :ultcorrin: without having to copy any mods.

Not sure if it's possible to do that on Switch, I really don't want to take the risk of modding mine.
Understandable. We’ll probably see a lot more switch modding once the next console comes out.
Like you said, it’d probably be a pretty easy thing to do. I was just wondering because if there’s a mod there’s most likely a video online and if there’s a video online I’m gonna be giggling at 4 am because female dragon girl says “I WiiN!!1” in masculine voice

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
And this is why you never pitch shift or change the speed of your voice over. lol
an odd statement, given pitch-shifting is precisely how they turned the guy's original recording (the 'slowed down' one) into yoshi's iconic voice

D

Deleted member

Just heard the news about an Octopath Traveller Spirit event.

Really excited about It as I liked that game.

D

Deleted member

an odd statement, given pitch-shifting is precisely how they turned the guy's original recording (the 'slowed down' one) into yoshi's iconic voice
As in............ Totaka did it right by slowing his speech so it'd sound normal sped up? :yoshi:
Sorry, I worded that a bit strangely, lol.

I mean that you typically don’t want to change the pitch of voice over for a final product (like they did with Totaka) as it’s kind of considered bad practice for voice actors. But yeah Zinith you are right, it’s clear he knew the final thing was gonna be sped up, but something about it still kinda rubs me the wrong way, ahaha. I’ve had directors who change the pitches of people’s voice in post instead of just simply asking them to change it themselves and it drives me insaneeee,

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, speaking of spirits:

Really glad my wishes were heard and the Smash team updated the Spirit list menu so you can replay Spirit Battles you already beated through It.

I found that a necessary QoL addition as It was frustrating to have to start a new WoL save file or wait for the Spirit you wanted to appear on the board anytime you wanted to replay It.

Big kudos to the devs.

D

Deleted member

Taylor how is voice acting. Is it fun?
No, I hate it.

Jokes aside, yeah! Sounds a bit cliche, but I’ve been able to meet so many awesome, creative people through voice acting, and it’s just generally a fun experience! It’s nice to be able to help bring people’s characters to life, metaphorically speaking.

D

Deleted member

No, I hate it.

Jokes aside, yeah! Sounds a bit cliche, but I’ve been able to meet so many awesome, creative people through voice acting, and it’s just generally a fun experience! It’s nice to be able to help bring people’s characters to life, metaphorically speaking.
While I currently gave up on my dream of voice acting due to negative feedback from people in the past, I do still want to give the dream a chance sometime in the future when I get a full job and can afford it.

Seeing both Guh-Huzzah and you enjoy the job does inspire me, more so as one of the persons who helped both keep going for It. And I'm glad you are enjoying It quite a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom