• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In all fairness, Smogon tiers have always been based on usage statistics. OU and UU literally stand for "overused" and "underused". It's because there's just too many pokemon to analyze otherwise. The tiers are going to be super volatile for a little while as the player base figures out what's good and what's not.

Then banned pokemon get their own BL (borderline) or Uber tiers.
I think people tend to forget that the Smogon system is only about usage and doesn't reflect a Pokemon's actual merit.

Like, Shedinja can function perfectly in ubers, that doesn't make it better than say, Charizard who really can't.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Okay. For my Marvel vs. Capcom roster, would it be redundant to have Poison AND Franziska von Karma? Or would I be better off including a different Ace Attorney character?
they might both use a whip, but i think they're differentiated enough in terms of individual moves and character

but if you want to use someone else, there's always simon blackquill
I take it back, can Persona return being niche?
if there's anything i learned from persona twitter, it's that nobody hates persona fans more than persona fans

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
if there's anything i learned from persona twitter, it's that nobody hates persona fans more than persona fans
It's going through the growing pains Fire Emblem had a few years ago.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The card was pretty creative ngl.

Joker in Smash was a mistake.

Side Note, I wonder why Persona got the big "Smash Boost", and not any other DLC franchise.
I think it's because Persona's explicitly not a Nintendo associated franchise, meaning that while P5 was so goddamn huge that people cosplayed as the ****ing UI, Nintendo purists simply couldn't have played Persona and naturally, it's inclusion created a lot of discussion, appreciation of the overall content and potential interest relating to P5 outside of it's usual fans

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Quick update on the Sky Williams situation:

Dude has completely lost it.
I missed this one so I don't even know what situation you're talking about. Can you take it from the top?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I missed this one so I don't even know what situation you're talking about. Can you take it from the top?
Sky Williams was running some Epstein Island crap in his house, got outed for it, he lied and denied, more evidence and proof came out, cue a terrible response in a form of a sub-only, monetized Twitch stream (That Nairo was watching), outing abusers names without the victims consent, and a mental breakdown later, and yeah

His career is finished.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sky Williams was running some Epstein Island crap in his house, got outed for it, he lied and denied, more evidence and proof came out, cue a terrible response in a form of a sub-only, monetized Twitch stream (That Nairo was watching), outing abusers names without the victims consent, and a mental breakdown later, and yeah

His career is finished.
He even seems to be on the run.

He knows he ****ed up.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

His career is finished.
God, it's like an onion. Layers upon layers and they all stink.
Are we going to need criminal background checks on all Smashers now?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh god, my arms. So sore from walking back.

I could have taken the bus but didn't want to risk it. Never the less, the first time went well.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
TheMightyP TheMightyP think it was a fake Nairo on Sky stream, if some comments on reddits are to be trusted.

Outside of that tho, I think this image describe Sky pretty well, especially after his stream.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Oh my god. I've just read what I typed last night. No more caffeine and comedy at 5am. I still mean what I said though.

Anyways today's plan is to get my job credits sorted, finish some anime and write some story.
I'll be on here unless we go up **** creek again.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

His career is finished.
When was this? he streamed just recently?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I found it. I guess I missed quite a bit of stuff while i was asleep. :O
Hope you enjoy watching a man going into a downward spiral live on Twitch.

.....well ok, it's not live anymore, but still.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, what was with this house of Sky’s, anyway? Why were people there to begin with?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I love crossovers but a mega corporation getting even bigger seems like a steep price to pay for it.
Ya forgetting about Disney which Microsoft is nothing compared to. Microsoft is the lesser of two evils, if I had to pick either I'd rather this be bought out by them.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's pretty strange to try to understand what's going on in sky's mind, I know some of it is trying to get on people's good sides (a bit manipulative), but the comments are just so over the top and giving him no chance whatsoever. I don't really know him, but I doubt most of those people do either. Anyway, it's just weird.

So, what was with this house of Sky’s, anyway? Why were people there to begin with?
A lot were smashers or gamers or arists for projects. He liked to have a lot of people in the same house I guess. Makes parties easier. Problem is there were minors there too.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly though I actually want Nintendo to buy the rights to the WB games. Then Scorpion could finally be in Smash.

As unlikey as this is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom