• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Then there's my birthday, which is at the end of the month....Oh jeez it just sunk in that I'm turning 23. Actually scratch that, I hate June because it reminds me of the fleetingness of youth and all the time I've wasted.
Welcome to the 23 club my friend.
For me June is when I get hospitalised usually.
Past few years has seen liver infection, anemia, dental abscess and an infection in my leg.
Amazingly only one of those did I come close to dying.

However it usually means E3 is around the corner except this year. Hoping for some good news gaming wise though.

D

Deleted member

This month I expect to meet up with my IRL friends to start plans on our summer escapade.

With the way COVID-19 is being surprisingly controlled well enough at the island and the recent comments from the president about a vaccine being on the way sooner than anyone expected It is quite likely hotels will reopen by July (our target month).

Really looking forward to seeing what they have been doing these past months and to spend some time with people who do understand me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

A match made in heaven. Two tyrannical arrogant kings. Granted Bowser would win in an real fight given his greatest feat was tanking an black hole nothing close that Shao Kahn has been able to do.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Followup question, is there enough to differentiate Haggar and Zangief for them to be in a game together, or does one disqualify the other?
oh boy now this is tough
i think you might be able to differentiate them
but if i had to choose one or the other, i'd go with haggar, simply for the sake of series variety (assuming you're doing a capcom crossover, that is)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
oh boy now this is tough
i think you might be able to differentiate them
but if i had to choose one or the other, i'd go with haggar, simply for the sake of series variety (assuming you're doing a capcom crossover, that is)
That's true. I am doing a Capcom crossover. I ended up keeping Balrog AND Sagat and dropping Zangief (I had a hard limit on Street Fighter characters). I'm doing the stages now, so I can show this project when I'm done.

D

Deleted member

You’re not even able to get an emergency appointment in?
If they have similar laws as Spain as of now they should be able to access emergencia appointments, yes.

My grandfather in fact took one for his heart during the worst period of the quarantine.

Dutch Raikuna

You’re not even able to get an emergency appointment in?
Probably able to via the NHS. Thing is I don't even know what the hell is going on with it.
Tooth is a bit painful and a bit swollen but I've had stuff like this and it went away on its own before.

Plus I've a fear of the dentist and have sensitivity issues regarding brushing.

I'll see what happens. I'm more afraid of getting scolded by family above all else.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Probably able to via the NHS. Thing is I don't even know what the hell is going on with it.
Tooth is a bit painful and a bit swollen but I've had stuff like this and it went away on its own before.

Plus I've a fear of the dentist and have sensitivity issues regarding brushing.

I'll see what happens. I'm more afraid of getting scolded by family above all else.
I suspect your dentist concerns have to do with the loud noises common with teeth operation.

In which case I completely relate.

Dutch Raikuna

I suspect your dentist concerns have to do with the loud noises common with teeth operation.

In which case I completely relate.
Not really.

I've pretty bad teeth. A few broken including my front two from an incident.

And haven't been in a few years when I was meant to get some removed.

So it's more the dentist going "this one is sound, this one is missing, this one is broken" etc.

D

Deleted member

Not really.

I've pretty bad teeth. A few broken including my front two from an incident.

And haven't been in a few years when I was meant to get some removed.

So it's more the dentist going "this one is sound, this one is missing, this one is broken" etc.
I see...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So a new Splatoon manga series is coming out stateside even though there are still at least two volumes of the current series still not localized yet.

I'm still going to try it.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
It’s a side scrolling video game for the DS that has to do with Toads. Say it’s name, and i’m— nothing happens

D

Deleted member

Hopefully you knew what I meant by saying sound.
Outside of that, how's your spirits today my friend?
Quite fitting that you just asked me that, because I was about to post something which could count as an answer.

All in all, I feel my days have gotten better, doh I have also felt the need to bring up support to some internet friends from the USA recently due to the recent events.

And just some minutes ago, I decided that I should go out with my crush one of these days. I didn't really want to bring this up since I prefer to see people through their actions more than their physical looks... But she's black (and there's nothing wrong with that). I can imagine that with all the recent events she could be quite concerned, and I feel that as a friend to her I should help her get through these days in any way possible.

I feel that with the way the Canary Islands are fighting COVID-19 quite well, there are gates opening for me to take the chance of doing greater things for the people around me with these oportunities popping in from what I consider a big track of good luck I've received. And because I want to prove the world I'm not the person I was 10 years ago, I am for sure taking these chances to help people close to me who will be benefitted from any help I need.

In short: I feel I am in such a current situation right now that I have new chances to make at least Gran Canaria a good place for anyone close to me.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
There are two things I care about in June - the start of summer vacation and E3. Neither of those are happening this month, so I'm really indifferent.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Damn. I was clowning thinking it'd be that easy with the Sony conference thing. Sucks, but I can remain patient I guess.

Dutch Raikuna

Quite fitting that you just asked me that, because I was about to post something which could count as an answer.

All in all, I feel my days have gotten better, doh I have also felt the need to bring up support to some internet friends from the USA recently due to the recent events.

And just some minutes ago, I decided that I should go out with my crush one of these days. I didn't really want to bring this up since I prefer to see people through their actions more than their physical looks... But she's black (and there's nothing wrong with that). I can imagine that with all the recent events she could be quite concerned, and I feel that as a friend to her I should help her get through these days in any way possible.

I feel that with the way the Canary Islands are fighting COVID-19 quite well, there are gates opening for me to take the chance of doing greater things for the people around me with these oportunities popping in from what I consider a big track of good luck I've received. And because I want to prove the world I'm not the person I was 10 years ago, I am for sure taking these chances to help people close to me who will be benefitted from any help I need.

In short: I feel I am in such a current situation right now that I have new chances to make at least Gran Canaria a good place for anyone close to me.
Here's hoping it all works for you.

Honestly JD you seem really proud of where you are from. Happy to be a Canary Islander.

D

Deleted member

Here's hoping it all works for you.

Honestly JD you seem really proud of where you are from. Happy to be a Canary Islander.
Honestly, I kinda am with the current state of the rest of the world yes.

While the island isn't perfect, I feel people here are more educated about equality and care for the enviroment than many other places. And I would probably not move from here as long as It keeps being that way.

D

Deleted member

Glad to hear, man! Hope everything goes well!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Took an shower and as I was shaving, I cut my upper lip while shaving...Won't stop bleeding so have to put toilet paper on it.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I REALLY hope this upcoming ARMS in Smash DLC means the ARMS graphic novel will finally come out.

It's been in development hell for way too damn long and I've been dying to read it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Am honestly excited for the Isle of Armor news. I needed some positivity.
Well the Pokémon fanbase probably won’t deliver on that.

Still I hope if it’s not a long campaign, there’s at least a lot of extra features to do that can benefit players. Like if we got new apricorns for catching, new ways to switch up battling, etc. New Pokémon as well would be cool. Or at least Galarian forms besides what we know of so far. It’s just a video it looks like though so we either won’t see much or there isn’t much to say.

Hoping it’s the former. If it’s the later then it shouldn’t be 30 dollars tbh. We will have to see though I’m in the fence but I did put money in if it interests me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dunno why but I'm just picturing the idea of an Spawn and Asura's Wrath crossover with Spawn being flung into the Asura's Wrath universe and teaming up with Asura.

Seven Deities, Gohma Vlitra and Chakravartin: *All chuckles* We're in danger.

Dutch Raikuna

Honestly, I kinda am with the current state of the rest of the world yes.

While the island isn't perfect, I feel people here are more educated about equality and care for the enviroment than many other places. And I would probably not move from here as long as It keeps being that way.
Wow. That's in a way inspiring to hear.

And honestly lockdown has made me a bit appreciative of being from Northern Ireland. I've lived in England and the Republic of Ireland for about a year and a half together but nothing will compare.

From my birth to now, Northern Ireland has went from being one of the worst places to live in the developed world with its Irish/British violence and shootings to becoming one of the greatest examples in world history of how people can put aside their differences and work together.

As an example of that, I come from a pretty Pro Ireland area. My best friend lives on the other side of the city in a pretty Pro British area.
20 years ago or so that wouldn't have been possible because of The Troubles.

Its an alien place to the rest of the world but in the best way possible. The sense of community is incomparable to the point where can have a random 10 minute chat with all kinds of folk and move on your way.

A few weeks before the lockdown for example I had a chat with an old guy from Fermanagh with his grandkid, which is as remote as you be there. Just a random chat at a bus stop while resting my legs from walking. And wanna know what it was about of all things? A local cafe and how we both knew the owner. Also talked about chess, he got on his bus and I went on my way. That kinda of random talk is why I love living where I am.

However while we are at it, just to say to my friends in the US here. Without going too political but your country did play a neutral role in the peace process. Except for your current one, three previous of your Presidents have visited my home country. All three delivered speeches to the Executive while there.
The one speech that stuck out was Obama's speech to them. I'd give a watch, regardless of what you support.
It was that moment where I felt connected to that country.

And now in 2020 I've family in Florida and a few of the most likable people I've met on here. So what happens there does make me greatly concerned about the country including you guys and my relatives there.

This turned into something else but I wanted to be grateful.

D

Deleted member

Wow. That's in a way inspiring to hear.

And honestly lockdown has made me a bit appreciative of being from Northern Ireland. I've lived in England and the Republic of Ireland for about a year and a half together but nothing will compare.

From my birth to now, Northern Ireland has went from being one of the worst places to live in the developed world with its Irish/British violence and shootings to becoming one of the greatest examples in world history of how people can put aside their differences and work together.

As an example of that, I come from a pretty Pro Ireland area. My best friend lives on the other side of the city in a pretty Pro British area.
20 years ago or so that wouldn't have been possible because of The Troubles.

Its an alien place to the rest of the world but in the best way possible. The sense of community is incomparable to the point where can have a random 10 minute chat with all kinds of folk and move on your way.

A few weeks before the lockdown for example I had a chat with an old guy from Fermanagh with his grandkid, which is as remote as you be there. Just a random chat at a bus stop while resting my legs from walking. And wanna know what it was about of all things? A local cafe and how we both knew the owner. Also talked about chess, he got on his bus and I went on my way. That kinda of random talk is why I love living where I am.

However while we are at it, just to say to my friends in the US here. Without going too political but your country did play a neutral role in the peace process. Except for your current one, three previous of your Presidents have visited my home country. All three delivered speeches to the Executive while there.
The one speech that stuck out was Obama's speech to them. I'd give a watch, regardless of what you support.
It was that moment where I felt connected to that country.

And now in 2020 I've family in Florida and a few of the most likable people I've met on here. So what happens there does make me greatly concerned about the country including you guys and my relatives there.

This turned into something else but I wanted to be grateful.
Northern Ireland does sound like quite a wonderful place to check out anyday.

I may consider It in the near future.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In order, Judgment, Pale Rider, Pinhead, and Spriggan.
judgment2.png

palerider2.png

palerider3.png

pinhead2.png

pinhead3.png

spriggan1.png
Two of them I got side views from.

Judgment was extremely difficult. I was forced to use codes to change my camera. I almost got Mammon too, but even with a smaller model, nothing was workable. On the other hand, if you downsize his model, he can move closer to you. Normally he's a massive giant that makes these guys look small(and they're already 5 times your size).

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In other news, anticipation for the DLC news tomorrow has going back to my second, abandoned Pokemon Sword profile.

It was originally a nuzloch file until I got curb stomped by Bea. As it turns out, Pokemon Sword/Shield can be a somewhat difficult if you rush through them without ever stopping to grind or battle trainers.

Not sure if I want to pretend that reckless game over didn't happen and finish the game as if it was still a valid nuzloche, or if I'm just going to continue it as a normal play through from here on out.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think that Pokémon GO having maintenance today and a ShSw expansion presentation tomorrow is no coincidence.

We'll see tomorrow.

Dutch Raikuna

Northern Ireland does sound like quite a wonderful place to check out anyday.

I may consider It in the near future.
I would tell you what I would tell people who would visit Ireland and the UK together.

Start in Dublin for a few days, head up to Belfast for a few days, take the ferry to Scotland and work your way down.

Talking about this makes look forward to the day where I climb up a local hill, take a pic and post it on the personal showcase.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
While I haven't completely abandoned Pokemon Sword, I have been playing it significantly less. I took some time to get the event Pokemon like G-Chu, G-Vee and the Mystery Gifts.

I'm just waiting for the DLC to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom