• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Most personality tests I take turn me into a Pokemon, so I'll pass.

Last time I got turned into a Phanpy and the itches you get in the trunk are far worse than you could possibly imagine.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sitting down right now as we speak at a place for those to rest or relax over night waiting for flights in the morning. Only 7 hours and a half to go until I get to go home. That's only assuming though a delay doesn't occur which I doubt will anyways.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm watching AlphaOmegaSin stream Team Sonic Racing. The amount of people asking why Sonic is driving a car is astounding.
"But Sonic can run faster than any car! Why he's having fun with his friends instead of being a tool and breaking the rules?!"

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm watching AlphaOmegaSin stream Team Sonic Racing. The amount of people asking why Sonic is driving a car is astounding.
It's been 25 years since Sonic Drift and people are still asking this question.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"But Sonic can run faster than any car! Why he's having fun with his friends instead of being a tool and breaking the rules?!"
doesnt shadow do that in that hoverboard sonic racing game

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've put as many hours as it took me to beat Banjo-Kazooie into Banjo-Tooie today and I'm only ~60% done. This game real big.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given the bear and bird duo inclusion. How good of chances do you guys think it is we'll get Rate Replay including the first two Banjo games on Switch especgiven Nintendo's and Microsoft's relationship at this point?

I would say the chances are relatively good to be honest. :)

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
@UtopianPoyzin Based on what I previously posted, I'm a bigger fan of this test: https://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html

It goes over the cognitive functions, so it's more accurate when determining one's personality. Every time I've taken it, I've gotten ENTJ every time. On 16personalities.com, on the other hand, I get *mostly* ENTJ, but occasionally ENFJ and ENTP. I even got INTJ once, for some reason.
Dude it says my personality type is unknown
And my stats were around the same and pretty high ummm, so I guess I'm a new type of personality yeah lets go with that and not that I'm broken.....................yaaaaaaaaaaaay

It did pose some intriguing questions though so I think that was a worthwhile diversion to go down

PLAY GLORIA

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
got all the hidden items in the ****ing game baby

hgss to-do list
- grind
- catch :244::243:[latios sprite here]
- tag team with rival who's now a good guy i guess?
- grind some more
- yeet red off mt. silver

MainJPW

M.T.A
It's been 25 years since Sonic Drift and people are still asking this question.
That and this is in his Sonic Jam profile:

It's almost as if...he likes cars or something.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m going to take a guess here and say the Pokémon that are removed are t going to be that complained about by release.

My guess is every legendary and ultra beast are gone. As well as Megas and alolan forms. By game freak standards that’s 80 something Pokémon gone right there.

I think anything that’s not in those categories and was big in vcg is safe. Fan favorites and shill moms are also safe.

I honestly think cut Pokémon is going to come down to ones that no paid attention to.

Like chimecho, probably gone.

Patrat? Probably out of here.

Basculin he’s out.

I think our final number will be 600 or more returning Pokémon. Which wouldn’t be that bad when there’s 200 new Pokémon in this dex if we are gonna reach 1000 like Masuda day. Which does include alternate forms.

I think most Pokémon are still going to make it. We’ve seen 370 returning Pokémon now I think(I have to rewatch that GX video”. We know the new Pokémon make up at least 196 more. That’s 400 to 500 more Pokémon right there. If all legends and alternate forms from past games are gone, then that’s almost another 100 out of the way.

That leaves the dex at roughy 500/700 Pokémon available at least imo.

We’ll see but I think this could be a decent thought process by GF.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I’m going to take a guess here and say the Pokémon that are removed are t going to be that complained about by release.

My guess is every legendary and ultra beast are gone. As well as Megas and alolan forms. By game freak standards that’s 80 something Pokémon gone right there.

I think anything that’s not in those categories and was big in vcg is safe. Fan favorites and shill moms are also safe.

I honestly think cut Pokémon is going to come down to ones that no paid attention to.

Like chimecho, probably gone.

Patrat? Probably out of here.

Basculin he’s out.

I think our final number will be 600 or more returning Pokémon. Which wouldn’t be that bad when there’s 200 new Pokémon in this dex if we are gonna reach 1000 like Masuda day. Which does include alternate forms.

I think most Pokémon are still going to make it. We’ve seen 370 returning Pokémon now I think(I have to rewatch that GX video”. We know the new Pokémon make up at least 196 more. That’s 400 to 500 more Pokémon right there. If all legends and alternate forms from past games are gone, then that’s almost another 100 out of the way.

That leaves the dex at roughy 500/700 Pokémon available at least imo.

We’ll see but I think this could be a decent thought process by GF.
Don't you take my ****ing Chimecho.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
dang, sword and shield wont even have sword and shield
I know this is a joke but obviously the new ones will say. I don’t think we see many new ones though.
Don't you take my ****ing Chimecho.
Fans: “Did you do it?”
Masuda: “Yes”
Fans:” What did it cost you?”
Masuda: “*looking at chimecho, everything”

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I know this is a joke but obviously the new ones will say. I don’t think we see many new ones though.

Fans: “Did you do it?”
Masuda: “Yes”
Fans:” What did it cost you?”
Masuda: “*looking at chimecho, everything”

Also, legendary Pokemon are like the best end game stuff for me personally. I love the sense of adventure you get in addition to just having the strongest Pokemon by the end of that adventure. Balance be damned, I love legendary Pokemon.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Also, legendary Pokemon are like the best end game stuff for me personally. I love the sense of adventure you get in addition to just having the strongest Pokemon by the end of that adventure. Balance be damned, I love legendary Pokemon.
i dont like the exp growth though, its kind of what stops people from using them full time on teams because its not hard for them to suddenly start slacking behind when it comes to post-game content

i mean they're sharing the same growth rates as mother****ing :220: does that make :220: a mythical deity god

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
i dont like the exp growth though, its kind of what stops people from using them full time on teams because its not hard for them to suddenly start slacking behind when it comes to post-game content

i mean they're sharing the same growth rates as mother****ing :220: does that make :220: a mythical deity god
Yes did you not know swinub beat arceus all by itself?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
One thing that is great is that if we get Phoenix Wright, hero shows we can get Edgeworth and Apollo as alts which would be so hype.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

To be honest, the extent of my Pokemon post game has always been finding and catching the Legendaries, attempting to fill as much of the Pokedex as the game allows me to, and exploring all of the areas that open up post game and finishing those challenges/battles/etc. I love all theAls mythology and unique stuff with legendary Pokemon. It's my personal favorite part of Pokemon, though I see your point.

Also, I've mulled over Sword and Shield some more, and I can't say I've come to really accept it anymore. If Game Freak goes all and out and includes like a proper 150 new Pokemon, I might be more willing to accept these new games. If they've worked to make an extremely solid post game that we don't know about. I might be more willing to accept losing Pokemon. If they pace the games better and take off more of the training wheels, I might...

But nothing I've seen of Sword and Shield has impressed me beyond the "open world" concept. Dynamax looks pretty boring to me (I generally haven't played a whole lot of Pokemon since in battle gimmicks became the main thing. The last games I seriously played were Black 2 and White 2. I own X, Alpha Sapphire, and Ultra Moon thanks to some absurdly lucky thrift store finds, just haven't played them as much) and is emblematic of my problems with more modern Pokemon. The graphics leave too much to be desired in their current state. Nothing they've shown off convinces me that there is a proper trade-off happening with increased game quality in exchange for those missing Pokemon. As of right now, it seems more like the result of a horribly rushed game when they weren't ready for the change to Switch and HD design in addition to the fact that Game Freak has totally figured out that if they can pull this off and keep their sales, then they can absolutely apply this to games in the future to ensure they make even more money.

God Pokemon needs an Odyssey or Breath of the Wild level shot in the arm to reinvigorate the franchise. Or just longer development time to make them seem more special and include more meaningful content... but they just make way too much money...

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Y'know, if all those people who say they are pissed about Sword and Shield actually stick to their guns and refuse to buy the games, it's gonna be a lot of money in lost sales considering these are $60 games. Hell, just 100,000 people refusing to buy the games is about $6M in lost sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom