• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I'm missing exactly one(1) spirit and it's driving me nuts. It's from the daemon x machina event, is there still a way to get it?
It should become available in the Spirit Board/Shop next update or so. It's annoying how they make these limited-time events for something so trivial, yet something that will bother completionists if they miss out, but at least they make them available to everyone after a period of time.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Reminds me of earlier this year when I played a was playing a mission in Warframe to try and unlock this one part for a frame, and it dropped on my second or third try or something, but the guy I got matched with for the mission was going nuts when he saw that we got it, because apparently he'd been trying to get it for 2 years across 547 runs... he might have been exaggerating, but this is why I hate needless RNG mechanics.

Haven't played Warframe in about half a year, though.
Only time I ever got RNG lucky was in vanilla Destiny, back when people used loot caves to try and circumvent the atrocious drop rates. In the first week I got what was at the time the single best sniper in the game, and got invited to raids constantly because all I had to say was, "I have the Ice Breaker." The guys in my group hated me until they finally started getting exotic drops too.

But, fun fact, I have never once found a shiny pokemon. Outside red Gyarados, obviously.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Only time I ever got RNG lucky was in vanilla Destiny, back when people used loot caves to try and circumvent the atrocious drop rates. In the first week I got what was at the time the single best sniper in the game, and got invited to raids constantly because all I had to say was, "I have the Ice Breaker." The guys in my group hated me until they finally started getting exotic drops too.

But, fun fact, I have never once found a shiny pokemon. Outside red Gyarados, obviously.
I think I've found two shiny Pokemon. A shiny Oddish in Fire Red or Leaf Green, and one other shiny of equally low-tier Pokemon, so nothing too exciting.

However, my brother, that JACK***, legitimately caught a shiny Kyogre in Sapphire without even trying. Somehow, he just walked up to it and it was shiny, despite there being people out there who will reset the game over 2,000 times for a legitimate shiny Legendary.

That's not why he's a jack*** though. He's a jackass because some time later, when he wanted to replay the game, he DELETED THE SAVE FILE WITHOUT TRADING THE KYOGRE. Everyone in my family gives him crap about it any opportunity we can.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like that particular compound word expletive isn't covered by the censors. Allow me to do some TV-style censoring don't ban me pls

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Only shiny I have ever got is a shiny Golett, it was great. After that I have never encountered any other shiny apart from the mandatory ones.

D

Deleted member

I think I've found two shiny Pokemon. A shiny Oddish in Fire Red or Leaf Green, and one other shiny of equally low-tier Pokemon, so nothing too exciting.

However, my brother, that JACK***, legitimately caught a shiny Kyogre in Sapphire without even trying. Somehow, he just walked up to it and it was shiny, despite there being people out there who will reset the game over 2,000 times for a legitimate shiny Legendary.

That's not why he's a jack*** though. He's a jackass because some time later, when he wanted to replay the game, he DELETED THE SAVE FILE WITHOUT TRADING THE KYOGRE. Everyone in my family gives him crap about it any opportunity we can.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like that particular compound word expletive isn't covered by the censors. Allow me to do some TV-style censoring don't ban me pls
you are allowed to say jackass now thou?

Ass was uncensored around a month ago.

Ass Ass Ass ssA ssA aSs AsS

Last edited by a moderator:

Zyr

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7530-5324-6817
I'm going to see A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood tonight.

I loved Mister Rogers (and still do) and my local theater is showing the film a day before release. I can't wait!

Plus watching the full length trailer brought happy tears to my eyes. It was that touching

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

I loved Mister Rogers (and still do) and my local theater is showing the film a day before release. I can't wait!

Plus watching the full length trailer brought happy tears to my eyes. It was that touching
Nice! I'm possibly going this week. My mom grew up with his show and wanted to take me to see it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Surprisingly, no. It's an image ripped straight from my PDF of the Necronomicon. Veggietales is like, a class 5 eldritch horror.
That explains it. Only an eldritch horror could produce songs about loving your neighbor and not making fun of people for how they look and sound, and yet still preach all the phobias and isms of the world.

D

Deleted member

Hello me old chum!
c86.gif

ahem... dunno wtf that movie you're talking about is, care to give a summary?

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So I've just discovered something, the SmashWiki is starting to detail all the references in Spirit Battles. For example with Lip's Spirit Battle, the Garden of Hope is supposed to represent Panel de Pon's main title screen and Lip's home stage. Plus the Mii Swordfighter's moveset is also full of references with Reversal Slash referencing how Panel blocks in Panel de Pon can swapped around into different positions, while Jigglypuff is acting as a stand-in for Furifuri the Rabbit.

D

Deleted member

I think they're great because they can sometimes be very accurate visuals of what we say.
Sometimes but they're way overused and I think the artstyle is very ugly. I just don't like them maybe sometimes they're good but most of them are miss rather than hit.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I saw people complaining about Sw/Sh's supposes "lack of ambition" a while back, so here's a super spicy hot take: Sword and Shield are the most ambitious Pokemon games since Red and Blue. The Wild Area and Raid Battles are actual game changers, but everyone is brushing them off as "gimmicks" in the same boat as dynamaxing, and that's really frustrating to me.

Its not ambition they're lacking, its technical execution and polish. The games look a little rough around the edges and everyone is acting like GF doesn't care about pushing the franchise forward anymore because of it.

Also I think a lot of people missed the part where the fossil pokemon are jokes. Sick, twisted jokes. You aren't supposed to feel good for bringing them back to life. You monsters.

Shroob

Sup?
I saw people complaining about Sw/Sh's supposes "lack of ambition" a while back, so here's a super spicy hot take: Sword and Shield are the most ambitious Pokemon games since Red and Blue. The Wild Area and Raid Battles are actual game changers, but everyone is brushing them off as "gimmicks" in the same boat as dynamaxing, and that's really frustrating to me.

Its not ambition they're lacking, its technical execution and polish. The games look a little rough around the edges and everyone is acting like GF doesn't care about pushing the franchise forward anymore because of it.

Also I think a lot of people missed the part where the fossil pokemon are jokes. Sick, twisted jokes. You aren't supposed to feel good for bringing them back to life. You monsters.
Eh

Dracozolt is okay

He's just had too many Krabby Patties.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Why the **** didn't anyone tell me that Daemon x Machina is having a collaboration with Code Geass?

...Being the massive Geass fan that I am, I may have to pick this game up now.
kinda wish it had Zero's outfit and the Shinkiro instead of Suzaku's stuff but I'll take it

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Why the **** didn't anyone tell me that Daemon x Machina is having a collaboration with Code Geass?

...Being the massive Geass fan that I am, I may have to pick this game up now.
kinda wish it had Zero's outfit and the Shinkiro instead of Suzaku's stuff but I'll take it
Now when you play Daemon X Machina, you can survive entirely on a diet of crayons and lighter fluid

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Man, I blew around over 20 Poké Balls and Great Balls on just a single damn Tyrogue.
I dumped around 30 Great Ballls on a stupid Wobbuffet, myself.

Now when you play Daemon X Machina, you can survive entirely on a diet of crayons and lighter fluid
Nah, I think the characters in DxM actually know what a sandwich is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom