• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, it is a Pokemon game. Not surprising whatsoever.
That's my point.

I don't understand what's meant by 'that's that' like people who weren't going to buy the game were going to significantly impact sales. Everyone agreed no matter what, it was going to be a financial success. It's the most grossing franchise in history, it better sell.

Shroob

Sup?
Looks like VALVe's finally putting TF2 out to pasture, according to insiders from the company, very few if any people are actually working on the game at all, and according to their newest Twitter header, it's no longer a focus of theirs.

It was a good run.

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet
So someone heard a name for 5 but isn’t saying who they heard.

I know it’s definitely not reimu, she dosent look like someone you reveal at a western award show.

Shroob

Sup?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So someone heard a name for 5 but isn’t saying who they heard.

I know it’s definitely not reimu, she dosent look like someone you reveal at a western award show.
I mean, we knew this.

Vergeben outing who is isn't means he's heard the name.

Shroob

Sup?
A literal decade. Goddamn
Yeah, lots of sad news.

TF2's always had a solid "High 30k" playerbase on at all times... which are apparently actually mostly bots, with the real active userbase being closer to 10k.

and on top of that, the last "Major" update, which the Dev Team hammered in "If this succeeds, we can do more of this, if it fails, the outlook is grim", ended up being grim.... So no Heavy update, probably ever.

And with CS:GO getting its items no-longer sellable on the market, if they do the same to TF2, the game will literally die.

D

Deleted member

Alright, in order to appease yall on Buddyfight ****posts, I'll pretty much limit myself to 2-3 a day, maximum.

So let's start the day with one!

Me at school be like:
tumblr_o1qtzyihvA1r5r707o1_500.gif

D

Deleted member

Everything likeable about Grookey is not present in "he who shall not be named". He's not cute or loveable, he's not fast, and he's not playful. He's a big scary gorilla who wants to break things and kill you.

Not to mention it's also super predictable. There are thousands of different types of monkeys they could have used, but no. It has to be a big strong manly gorilla because "gorilla strong! Finals must STRONG!".

Well.... good for you then.... doesn't change how I feel. Which is betrayed.
You remind me of that Braw in the Family comic.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well woke up to find there was a heavy snowfall. I'm gonna have to shovel in a bit.

This is also Sophie's first winter and she's just loving the snow noticed how much more active she's being notably playing with Molly. ^_^

This is good that way she'll tire out more quickly.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just biding my time til the leaks happen and the "new" factor of Pogeymanz dries up.

I got 'tegrity. Said I wasn't gonna buy it and I stand by that. I do not trust Gamefreak anymore. At all. This entire cycle left a horrid taste in my mouth and made me just look at the series like Malibu Stacy from the Simpsons.

"But she's got a new hat!" It's just more of the same every time, but with less content, and a lying developer, and no guarantee for the future, and yearly installments, and 60 bucks plus tax on top of that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's standard boxing with hands, but it becomes MMA when my boi brings out the tongue. Just..... revel in that sentence for me

I want to turn this into a meme format, but I'm out of ideas. Anyone got any?

D

Deleted member

I'm just biding my time til the leaks happen and the "new" factor of Pogeymanz dries up.

I got 'tegrity. Said I wasn't gonna buy it and I stand by that. I do not trust Gamefreak anymore. At all. This entire cycle left a horrid taste in my mouth and made me just look at the series like Malibu Stacy from the Simpsons.

"But she's got a new hat!" It's just more of the same every time, but with less content, and a lying developer, and no guarantee for the future, and yearly installments, and 60 bucks plus tax on top of that.
The only way I'll buy it, per say, is if I get it as a Christmas Present. Otherwise, it's a nah from me.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Aside from Braxien, are there any starter middle evolutions that are more popular than the first or final?
Grovyle, maybe Ivysaur (Bulba itself is pretty popular though, and iconic as number 1, but Ivy's got that Smash rep), possibly Dewott (definitely more than Samurott, but maybe not Oshawott)

D

Deleted member

Delphox >>>>>> Greninja tho
If I have to be serious...

I like the Delphox line(pretty unique in design) but I honestly like the Ninja theming of Greninja a little bit more(I just like Ninjas ever so slightly more than Wizards)

overall, thou, the designs for the starter evos were well made that gen.

editing this in because double post:

I was looking up stuff for ****posting, and I found this:
maxresdefault.jpg

(If you can't tell, the thing he's riding is an inflatable, no need to worry bout that)

But seriously, why is this even a thing? I knew that, considering the size of the BF community, some of the more.... ahem.... fetishy things are super easy to find(nothing too serious, just don't ever look up Buddyfight on sites like Tumblr if you don't want to see mildly offensive stuff) but jesus, this is taking it to another level.

Edit: oh jesus ****ing crap I looked into the image a bit more..... yeah, I would highly recommend against reverse image searching this image(you really don't want to know)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Somebody seriously thought it was a good idea to handle the advertising for their product like this:

Why?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Anyone who's seen Summer Wars knows Scorbunny's evolution is the best.

Also, dang, SwSh is selling better than I thought. Well, good for GF! Game's a quality product and loads of fun.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyone who's seen Summer Wars knows Scorbunny's evolution is the best.

Also, dang, SwSh is selling better than I thought. Well, good for GF! Game's a quality product and loads of fun.
Quality product? eh, I beg to differ on that. Otherwise, I agree with your point.
If a cartoon monkey is giving you literal fear I think you need to be checked.
Ditto here.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Everyone's talking about the Game Awards potentially having a Smash announcement...

... and I'm just sitting here hoping that we also get some sort of update on Bayonetta 3, even if it's just a cinematic trailer that tells us nothing about the gameplay. I'll even take an announcement that the game was delayed like Prime 4 was, I just want some substantial reassurance that Bayonetta 3 hasn't been cancelled or stuck in development hell.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If a cartoon monkey is giving you literal fear I think you need to be checked.
Ok. I was exaggerating for the sake of humor. I’m not actually scared of it. (Although, that Mauey/Rillaboom art I was shown definitely has a creep face). I thought me addressing it in the same way as Voldemort would have made it clear that I was being intentionally rediculous. I’m still disappointed in it though.

Maybe I should stop trying to make jokes because people can’t seem to tell the difference between one of my jokes and one of my literal opinions.

D

Deleted member

Maybe I should stop trying to make jokes because people can’t seem to tell the difference between one of my jokes and one of my literal opinions.
That's exactly why, honestly. Your opinions tend to be so out there that your jokes seem like you really believe em. Doesn't help that you tend to write in a literal, matter-of-fact way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom