• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I can't speak for everyone on this but I don't dislike you; I just dislike the overuse of the Buddyfight gifs. You gotta know when to space them out effectively or you'll greatly diminish whatever appeal they had.

Don't beat yourself up over a mistake that can be easily rectified.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know how a lot of games have special attacks that ignore defence boosts or armour stats? Kuuga Ultimate has that as a passive ability, and his punches are so powerful they cause the person who got punched to burst open at the area punched and blood gushes out

Daguba is the in universe inspiration for Kuuga, and they have identical powers. Daguva can control the weather, summon lightning and can set things on fire by merely looking at them. Kuuga only showed that last one off, but as Ultimate is based off of Perfect Daguva, it's safe to assume he can do the same stuff.

As for weapons and other powers, this video shows enough
https://youtu.be/PPrZBSddsAw
Ultimate's versions of the weapons are the Rising versions. Ultimate has Pegasus' vastly increased senses, but Pegasus makes Kuuga suffer from sensory overload after 30 seconds, whereas Ultimate doesn't have this drawback. Kuuga also has a healing factor but it's rather limited, meaning he can shrug off most wounds after an hour or so
EDIT: forgot to mention Kuuga gets his weapons by transmutation, meaning he can grab a twig from a tree and now it's his gun. He can dualwield 2 Rising Titan swords and Rising Ultimate's canon, but often ignored as the original Kuuga never used it until a cameo
Based on what I've seen.... I can think of a few characters that could probably take him, but it's that dame "always draw blood" rule tripping me up. What if the opponent is wearing armor, what if they're someone like superman or luke cage with unbreakable skin. Is it just his limbs or is it also his weapons?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Based on what I've seen.... I can think of a few characters that could probably take him, but it's that dame "always draw blood" rule tripping me up. What if the opponent is wearing armor, what if they're someone like superman or luke cage with unbreakable skin. Is it just his limbs or is it also his weapons?
Again, ignores armour. Perfect Daguva wears armour yet when the armour gets punched, Daguva bleeds anyway, meaning he naturally bypasses any and all defensive powers as long as he's able to land a hit. As for if it applies to his weapons, Ultimate is never seen with the weapons but Kuuga simply channels his energy through the weapon, as seen with Kuuga Dragon's hand scorching after finishing a monster off with his staff

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch now. Watch that one of the following is FP5.

Chosen Undead from Dark Souls.
Dovahkiin from Skyrim.
Gordon Freeman from Half-Life.
Ezio from Assassin's Creed.
John Marston from Red Dead Redemption.
Kat from Gravity Rush.

Bet none would had seen any of these characters coming!

D

Deleted member

I can't speak for everyone on this but I don't dislike you; I just dislike the overuse of the Buddyfight gifs. You gotta know when to space them out effectively or you'll greatly diminish whatever appeal they had.

Don't beat yourself up over a mistake that can be easily rectified.
Well, it's not so much "beating myself up" more so just making commentary about myself, because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, nothing to lose here(other than my reputation)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I haven't played SwSh, and I haven't seen some of the new mons, so I looked them up, and...
*Pretend this is a picture of Applin*
I was dying when I saw this.

Already my favorite mon this Gen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have no idea what im looking at but nice lol
It's a dragon. that's all you need to know to know that that's not what a dragon should look like(and honestly I have no clue why they chose to animate him like that, they didn't need to go the extra mile)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm so ****ing over this Gigantamax Drednaw.

Edit: I GOT A... okay well it's not the best, it needs two caps and a mint... MR. RIME!

Thank god.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well, it's not so much "beating myself up" more so just making commentary about myself, because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, nothing to lose here(other than my reputation)
There's never a bad time to start building it back up if you're honestly worried about your reputation here.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I can't assemble this tiny thing when my hand are greasy with ****ing popcorn butter

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Again, ignores armour. Perfect Daguva wears armour yet when the armour gets punched, Daguva bleeds anyway, meaning he naturally bypasses any and all defensive powers as long as he's able to land a hit. As for if it applies to his weapons, Ultimate is never seen with the weapons but Kuuga simply channels his energy through the weapon, as seen with Kuuga Dragon's hand scorching after finishing a monster off with his staff
Then honestly.... I don’t know. I can think of plenty of people who could overpower him but I don’t necessarily know if they’ed be able to dodge his attacks, or if they wouldn’t die instantly from him just punching their chest over their heart.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Third Level 100: Sandaconda

One of my hidden flawless Pokemon I found when I first unlocked Judge. Just needs a mint.

My next level 100 should be Ferrothorn.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Third Level 100: Sandaconda

One of my hidden flawless Pokemon I found when I first unlocked Judge. Just needs a mint.

My next level 100 should be Ferrothorn.
I feel like people are hitting level 100 really quickly compared to past games.

I know the EXP share is locked on, but does SwSh give you an insane amount of EXP compared to older games or something?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
View attachment 247388Rider Statistics:

• Rider Height: 200 cm
  • Rider Weight: 150 kg
Rider Senses:

• Eyesight: Several 10 times huma
Ability Parameters:

• Punching Power: 80 t
  • Kicking Power: 100 t
  • Maximum Jump Height: 90 m
  • Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 2 seconds
When in battle, Ultimate Form is able to see a monster's human form, and every one of its attacks is guaranteed to draw blood. This form has roughly the same amount of power as Daguva himself and possesses the same powers as him, as shown by his ability to use pyrokinesis.

Ultimate Form also has the ability to use any of Kuuga's weapons, but this was never shown. Also unseen was Ultimate Form's most powerful attack, the Ultimate Kick, which is said to be easily capable of destroying the entire world.

Y'all nerds better find a worthy opponent
Well, base form Rolf is a universe buster and was personally trained by El Grande Padre as one of his most elite warriors, so I'm pretty sure that he could handle UF.

Don't even get me started on when he gooses it up to Blanco mode.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Broke: combating piracy by putting in DRM
Woke: fighting piracy by supporting Hong Kong protesters

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I just saw Mr. Rime's shiny, and it reminds me of an old timey TV show or movie.
1574287930839.png

I love him even more than I did before.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I got that later on when I looked it up.

That only makes me live it even more.

He's my favorite Grass and Dragon type already.

Should I get this game guys?
The Pokémon formula is solid, has been for years. And the QOL improvements in this game make it even more solid. The story so far ain’t that great, but the gameplay is. The level curve is surprisingly difficult unless you over level in the wild area (which is actually very easy to do, if you spend hours exploring it like I did) every new Pokémon is radical and I love them all. I can’t get enough of max raid battles, and while the story so far isn’t great the characters are.

It’s just fun, man. If you like Pokémon you’ll probably enjoy this.

D

Deleted member

There's never a bad time to start building it back up if you're honestly worried about your reputation here.
Eh, I'm not so much worried about my reputation, but moreso my emotions.
Like, I get that you guys don't like me posting gifs and videos over and over and over, but to me anyway(note that I am mentally disabled, so might not be the same to you guys) when you post and tell me to stop, it really comes off as, how should I put this............
mean, I guess is the best way to describe it?

Basically what I'm saying is that I need to deal with my emotions more than my reputation(I honestly don't really care that much what people think of me, to an extent. Like if people think i'm a troll, you bet I'm going to try and not act like one.)

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Am I crazy or is the “Coming Soon” text gone from Nintendo’s page on the fighters pass?
I took a screenshot of it but want to verify it’s not inspect element craziness.

D

Deleted member

Am I crazy or is the “Coming Soon” text gone from Nintendo’s page on the fighters pass?
I took a screenshot of it but want to verify it’s not inspect element craziness.
Send the screenshot here, I'll screencap it on my end.

done:
Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 4.25.47 PM.png

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Eh, I'm not so much worried about my reputation, but moreso my emotions.
Like, I get that you guys don't like me posting gifs and videos over and over and over, but to me anyway(note that I am mentally disabled, so might not be the same to you guys) when you post and tell me to stop, it really comes off as, how should I put this............
mean, I guess is the best way to describe it?

Basically what I'm saying is that I need to deal with my emotions more than my reputation(I honestly don't really care that much what people think of me, to an extent. Like if people think i'm a troll, you bet I'm going to try and not act like one.)
Fair enough.

My apologies if my comments come off as mean spirited towards you. I'll try my best to be a little more sensitive about the topic in the future.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm still on the boat that Hero's legit the funniest character in the game. Not the best or most fun, but his amount of cheese is hilarious.

Pac-Man is close with the amount of cheese and hilariousness.

D

Deleted member

off topic but I'm starting to think more about NSO and would a Nintendo 64 online really work like how NES and SNES do? and how likely would it be for us to get them for their second anniversary?

Nintendo usually only pays attention to their NES and at most SNES offerings for stuff like this and usually throws N64 onwards to the wayside when doing things like this even when the virtual console was a thing it took quite awhile for a lot of N64 games to get onto their service. Plus their current release schedule is super barren so would an N64 online service fit into Nintendo's current schedule?

idk I just have a lot of worries about it I guess. I would really like for them to do it but for now at least I do kind of doubt it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
More importantly, how are you using the ****ing ruby Smashboards theme and not blind?
I started using it when I went in on the Megumin gag and never stopped using it. It just kinda works for me. Makes identifying mods a bit more difficult though, but I know most of you by now so it's no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom