• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Press F :(
View attachment 247353

Also, **** Galarian Corsola why is it so ****ing busted I literally can't kill it this is bull****
Yeah. Post game Spirits looks like thell have to wait next installment

base game spirits however I believe still have a shot for future dlc considering nintendo decided to tell sakurai about more dlc back in June

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Morning! I found my favorite SwSh tweet:

I know Pokemon sells more which makes people expect more and forgive less, but these comparisons always make me chuckle.

Just...don't read the replies. The amount of people who don't understand the concept of a joke is depressingly high.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Morning! I found my favorite SwSh tweet:

I know Pokemon sells more which makes people expect more and forgive less, but these comparisons always make me chuckle.

Just...don't read the replies. The amount of people who don't understand the concept of a joke is depressingly high.
I know I fell for the joke and deleted the Comment and was gonna say "You never ate flat Pears?" but then I said F it lol

MooMew64

I know I fell for the joke and deleted the Comment and was gonna say "You never ate flat Pears?" but then I said F it lol
The funniest part is someone continued the joke and posted a picture of apples from SwSh and they look a lot better lol.

Real talk though, SwSh and FE both showed that gameplay is really what should come first when grading a game, at least in my opinion. Graphics are important, yeah, but FE and SwSh both struggle in this regard but still managed to have great core gameplay.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The funniest part is someone continued the joke and posted a picture of apples from SwSh and they look a lot better lol.

Real talk though, SwSh and FE both showed that gameplay is really what should come first when grading a game, at least in my opinion. Graphics are important, yeah, but FE and SwSh both struggle in this regard but still managed to have great core gameplay.
You here that Arlo! Yes, nice graphics are nice, but graphics should not be the reason you drop a games score.

MooMew64

Just to clarify, though: Good graphics and art design is a nice bonus to a game and I hope both FE and Pokemon can learn and grow so that come next games, both franchises can overcome their HD development growing pains.

That said, SwSh is still very fun to me and I kick myself for sleeping on Three Houses back in May 'cause the game looks dope as peck.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Its not happening either but hoping at some chance we get an direct announced today and it happens tomorrow with FP5 being announced then our first post-Pass DLC fighter being announced at the VGA along with the announcement of an Season 2 Pass.

Maybe even perhaps next week.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Its not happening either but hoping at some chance we get an direct announced today and it happens tomorrow with FP5 being announced then our first post-Pass DLC fighter being announced at the VGA along with the announcement of an Season 2 Pass.

Maybe even perhaps next week.

I think that would be the smallest gap in reveals in Smash history.

As much as I want a reveal right now, Im content on waiting until the VGAs

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Found this today.

1574262467772.png

Maybe once I finish lectures I'll edit a "delet this" or "vibe check" on one o these.

MooMew64

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/pokemon-sword-shield-sales/amp/

Sword and Shield has the second biggest UK launch in Pokémon history and the biggest console exclusive launch in UK of 2019.
It's selling mad well in Japan as well: Link

I know this'll probably earn me some scorn but I'm actually kind of...happy it's doing well? Like, I'm really enjoying my time with it and I think GF did a pretty good job with the time they were given. I'm just really happy for 'em after some of the nasty stuff thrown their way. I'm all for constructive criticism (I've even given some of my own on the game! It definitely ain't perfect!), but it legit bums me out when I see the folks on both sides of the NatDex coin take things too far. Seeing the more positive air around the game now is really refreshing for me personally.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think everyone knew deep down that SwSh would sell well, but it's still nice to have confirmation that it didn't bomb.

There are plenty of things wrong with SwSh, but it's not bad by any means.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Today is definitely better. Yesterday I was really tired for most of the day and went to bed early. Probably due to crappy weather and being active with my dogs lots. Also gotta start eating healthier too that plays a part.

Last edited:

MooMew64

tbh, I dont think anyone cares if people are glad the game is doing well. Its pokemon, it was gonna do well regardless if it was good or bad
I wasn't sure mainly because some people around the internet are...very passionate about this subject and kinda wanted it to fail. Guess I just get a tad nervous when sharing my feelings about it online sometimes because for me personally, a lot of the major turn offs for others weren't for me, and I think there's more good than bad in it.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyone wanna send me their 12 digit code to me and friend request to me sometime? I'm down for some online fighting eventually.

Edit: Nevermind I can see them on everyone's avatar below.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Anyone wanna send me their 12 digit code to me and friend request to me sometime? I'm down for some online fighting eventually.

Edit: Nevermind I can see them on everyone's avatar below.
When I eventually get online, sure, i'll need some practice since I almost never get to play against real players.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't really call it a scam considering ps4 and xbox charge 3 times the price for online, but i'm not gonna argue with you.
Honestly. My biggest problem, and the only one I think is actually relevant, is that I feel you should be able to play any game you buy out of the box. I shouldn’t be able to buy a game, boot it up, and then a message pops up when I press the start button that says “Xbox live gold required to continue”. That s the scam.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Honestly. My biggest problem, and the only one I think is actually relevant, is that I feel you should be able to play any game you buy out of the box. I shouldn’t be able to buy a game, boot it up, and then a message pops up when I press the start button that says “Xbox live gold required to continue”. That s the scam.
Ohhh. Yeah, I get that. I liked it better when online was free, too.

MooMew64

A scam implies that they are trying to trick you when it is made very common knowledge one needs a subscription service to use online functionalities on any of the big three consoles.

Not saying I'm a fan of subscription model online services, but calling it a scam is a bit disingenuous.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sent a few friend requests to some you guys so if you notice one when you go on your Switch know that's me.

Much look forward to playing some rounds of Smash with you all, eh. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom