• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku can you do me a favor and remove me from the AMA list? I've been meaning to ask but kept forgetting lmao.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So what do you think they'll do for the 24 hour livestream on October 4th?

I'm guessing it'll be a loop of Pokemon occasionally walking around in the background. We'll probably get a few new ones as well as some returning Pokemon.

No way I'm staying up to watch all that, so I'm counting on someone else to do the job for me.

You should share a pro-Dex one.
EFkH86jX0AAc9tg.jpeg.jpg

You happy now?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yep. That's why washing your hands keep them away: Vampires can't pass flowing water.
This is one of those vampire lore details that you don't see brought up often, but I always thought was neat.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is one of those vampire lore details that you don't see brought up often, but I always thought was neat.
Agreed. Vampires are actually super interesting. I have no idea why mainstream media makes them so boring.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So vampires can’t fly high over water if it’s flowing?

Or they literally can’t enter flowing water?

Are they unable to wash their hands?

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lol people will absolutely watch the whole livestream and single the clips where something notable happens out. This is the internet we're talking about.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hot take: I’m not really sure and I may be overestimating how likely folks thinks characters like Reimu or Saber are, but I really just don’t see either ifhappening.

Granted, I’ve played neither series. But despite the conventions held for Touhou, and despite the amount of money Fate has made, I just don’t see how that makes the two of them stand out.

I don’t think Sans being a Mii Fighter costume makes Reimu likely as playable. I don’t think there’s any basis for that line of thinking if I’m being honest besides, “MAYBE the increased presence of particular indie characters means something!”, but that to me seems nothing more than wishful thinking.

I will be honest and say I don’t want either of them, but that’s got no impact on what I think here.

Now, if there’s something that comes up that indicates a higher likelihood of either character getting in then I would likely think differently. But by no means do I think it should be seen as “likely”. Then again, most talk of the two characters has come from GameFAQS, which isn’t your typical Smash forum...LOL.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Vampires also have a compulsive need to count things. If one is chasing you throw a bunch of sand at it, they’ll have to count all the grains.

D

Deleted member

Talking about vampires and no mention of their distant relative that likes to play pranks?

Alrighty, you are added

Just keep in mind we draw the names at random

So you may be next week, or you may be in a couple months. Only time will tell
Gotcha, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’ve seen people say GameFAQs is very toxic.

A hot mess.

People complaining that people mention Geno while constantly arguing over him and making fun of him on their own, giving him more exposure to potential new fans.

People complaining and being toxic about almost any popular character or any you like but they don’t.

Vergeben letting himself judge a character’s popularity off of GameFAQs and staying there for the sake of his leaks and credibility.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
People think they're happening?
I don’t want to call the support a “meme” despite the fact the first place I saw Reimu was 4chan as a troll post.

But yes, there are folks who think they’re locks. People may cite Doom Slayer as a character from a game folks in Japan have never played, but I don’t really know that it’s quite the same thing. DOOM itself is a legacy series for the FPS genre, which is a massive genre within the industry. The genre of which Touhou represents is one that, to my knowledge, isn’t nearly as big.

This discussion isn’t meant to discount either pick. But I don’t think it’s at all a likely scenario.

D

Deleted member

Hot take: I’m not really sure and I may be overestimating how likely folks thinks characters like Reimu or Saber are, but I really just don’t see either ifhappening.

Granted, I’ve played neither series. But despite the conventions held for Touhou, and despite the amount of money Fate has made, I just don’t see how that makes the two of them stand out.

I don’t think Sans being a Mii Fighter costume makes Reimu likely as playable. I don’t think there’s any basis for that line of thinking if I’m being honest besides, “MAYBE the increased presence of particular indie characters means something!”, but that to me seems nothing more than wishful thinking.

I will be honest and say I don’t want either of them, but that’s got no impact on what I think here.

Now, if there’s something that comes up that indicates a higher likelihood of either character getting in then I would likely think differently. But by no means do I think it should be seen as “likely”. Then again, most talk of the two characters has come from GameFAQS, which isn’t your typical Smash forum...LOL.
My main issue is that you can say the same about way too many franchises being considered at this point and not only Saber or Reimu.

Plus, I feel one thing the fanbase in general does is they try to reason the inclusion of series to a single reason while there is likely a multitude of reasons why a character gets in.

D

Deleted member

I don’t want to call the support a “meme” despite the fact the first place I saw Reimu was 4chan as a troll post.

But yes, there are folks who think they’re locks. People may cite Doom Slayer as a character from a game folks in Japan have never played, but I don’t really know that it’s quite the same thing. DOOM itself is a legacy series for the FPS genre, which is a massive genre within the industry. The genre of which Touhou represents is one that, to my knowledge, isn’t nearly as big.

This discussion isn’t meant to discount either pick. But I don’t think it’s at all a likely scenario.
Has any reputable leaker brought up Reimu or Saber?

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My main issue is that you can say the same about way too many franchises being considered at this point and not only Saber or Reimu.

Plus, I feel one thing the fanbase in general does is they try to reason the inclusion of series to a single reason while there is likely a multitude of reasons why a character gets in.
Which franchises would you be referring to? Mainly because, the ones I mainly look at would be those which are Japanese-created or are popular in Japan or worldwide. That, for me, includes Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Tekken, Tales, Overwatch, Crash Bandicoot, etc...

I do doubt characters like Scorpion or Spyro because of their lack of a presence in Japan. I find Doom Slayer to be a bit of an exception, mainly because of what DOOM is to the industry, but the dev team could easily say no to DOOM and call it a day.

I also think saying a character should be in for only one reason is...lame. Like, fans who play Smash don’t really care about sales numbers. They play Smash and would care about WHO the character is and WHAT they can bring to the game.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I see vampire talks, and I haven't noticed anyone mentionning one of the most famous vampire out there.

Come on peoples, how can you forget him?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Has any reputable leaker brought up Reimu or Saber?
Nope. It’s just fans talking it up. There’s nothing to it, but then again it’s GameFAQS. This is a site where people make accounts just to troll fans and the amount of joke/troll topics on the message board are insane.

D

Deleted member

Nope. It’s just fans talking it up. There’s nothing to it, but then again it’s GameFAQS. This is a site where people make accounts just to troll fans and the amount of joke/troll topics on the message board are insane.
GameFAQs? Alright, **** that ****.

Reimu amd Saber are possible. That's all I can really say after I first heard about them.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sorry buddy, you're a bit late:
I posted a image, so it make my post automatically 100% better, that's how the mafia Smashboards work, fella.:mybodyisreggie:

Do I really need to put a /s here?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Which franchises would you be referring to? Mainly because, the ones I mainly look at would be those which are Japanese-created or are popular in Japan or worldwide. That, for me, includes Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Tekken, Tales, Overwatch, Crash Bandicoot, etc...

I do doubt characters like Scorpion or Spyro because of their lack of a presence in Japan. I find Doom Slayer to be a bit of an exception, mainly because of what DOOM is to the industry, but the dev team could easily say no to DOOM and call it a day.

I also think saying a character should be in for only one reason is...lame. Like, fans who play Smash don’t really care about sales numbers. They play Smash and would care about WHO the character is and WHAT they can bring to the game.
Doomguy is a perfect example, given that pretty much I could argue that his current situation is similar of that to Reimu. In that no one considered him until the whole fake leaks debacles that happened the last few months.

I don't think Saber or Reimu are happening. But to diminish their presence especially given that Fate is pretty much one of the biggest mobage titles and Reimu is the only indie with her own convention, seems really picky when not doing the same to Doomguy as his legacy could be very well the only thing that makes him to stand out when compared to the likes of Master Chief which he shares design similarities with.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Touche. Who am I to disagree with Reggie?
Doug Bowser.

He is the Big Boss of Nintendo of America after all.

So just put :ultbowser: or :bowsette: to disagree with me if I use :mybodyisreggie:.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My right Joy-Con is getting worse by the day. Drifting, disconnects and input delays are getting more and more common.

Doug Bowser.

He is the Big Boss of Nintendo of America after all.

So just put :ultbowser: or :bowsette: to disagree with me if I use :mybodyisreggie:.
Hah, jokes on you, I'm European, Reggie couldn't touch me anyway. Checkmate.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Also, I know it isn’t talked about often but I think an Assassin’s Creed character could be cool.

I’m not exactly sure what they’d have them do to stand out, but I’ve always liked the series despite the clunky beginnings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom