• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ok. I admit, I don’t watch the show. But I am always inherently suspicious of a tv show when it’s lauded as a masterpiece for so many years and then the finale comes along and it’s “garbage” from my experience, it usually means that either the show wasn’t very good to begin with, or the dans are mad that the writers didn’t adapt their fanfics to the screen.
Seems to be happening with some shows lately, huh?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ok. I admit, I don’t watch the show. But I am always inherently suspicious of a tv show when it’s lauded as a masterpiece for so many years and then the finale comes along and it’s “garbage” from my experience, it usually means that either the show wasn’t very good to begin with, or the dans are mad that the writers didn’t adapt their fanfics to the screen.
Nah from what I gather, fans are pretty pissed about the ending being both rushed and unsatisfying, especially when the creator of the books the show is adapting says they could've expanded the show for at a minimum 2 more seasons.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
hnnggg

God damn look at the movement on Sonic; it's smooth. Look at the options.

• He's got his Bound/Bounce which looks great, he's got his stomp.
  • He's got Drop Dash which looks better here than in Forces, it looks like you can activate that **** on the surface of the water with enough momentum.
  • Wall Jump should be in every 3D game.
  • Air Dash looks great you can angle it wherever
  • Homing Attack doesn't stop you dead which is something I always hated; look at how he bounces forward with it.
  • You can curl while running like in the 2D games, look at how much speed you can gain while doing that down slopes.
  • Bubble Sheild looks fun af, it just bounces you all over the place when you're curled up.
Just look at the animations; he rolls when he lands. These characters are supposed to be agile and this developer just nails it.

-----------

Bro check out Tails. Everyone has Spin Dash which they need for the momentum-based rolling style of gameplay. No brainer stuff.

They gave him his bombs.

BOMBS. You run with it and run while throwing it and you can fly with it.

You can use the explosion from the bombs to launch you into the air.

https://youtu.be/JEHBtq4xvS4?t=159

The ****ing options in this engine.
  • His Spin Ball has his tails out like in the Classic. Nice touch!

This is the best Tails has ever looked... oh my god.

Holy ****les it's Knuckles.

You can see with Tails & Knuckles that bouncing off enemies isn't tough like it would be in games like SA1 or 2. It's seamless like in the Classics.

• Gliding is smooth.
  • Top speed run animation is from S3K/Chaotix/Mania. Good.
  • He's got Ground Shaker, the move where Knuckles dives into the ground and creates a shockwave. You can burrow with it which also means it's a combo of both Ground Shaker and Drill Claw.
  • He's got the combo from SA2/Sonic Advance games but with an extra finish. Look how it's handled; each punch alone doesn't immediately destroy it, you have to finish the combo, but jumping on it or spinning into it is a one-shot. That's how the other games should have handled it. (Not counting Heroes.) The stun time from each hit allows you to combo into other ****: https://youtu.be/iM6qebS36IU?t=140 God it's ****ing crazy.
  • Climb animation looks good.
  • LOOOK AT THE MOMENTUMMMM: https://youtu.be/iM6qebS36IU?t=211
I can't wait for some level design. We need to see some levels we need to see some more refinements but this engine already looks better than any of the 3D stuff from SEGA. The momentum based mechanics, the movement, the options.

I love how the characters just have their all their **** here, no stupid bull**** like Tails have the stupid Dummy Ring Bomb in '06 but no Tail Swipe, Tails and Knuckles not having a Spin Dash for no reason (SA1), Sonic not having more agility options and having stuff locked behind ******** unlockables (which is inconsistent from game to game, one game he can perform a certain action by default, next game he needs to unlock it for no reason). This Project is the real deal.

I don't normally say this, but... SEGA does need to hire some new blood lol here's your guy. I'm so tired of Sonic Team, man...
Don’t get too excited. Unless this fan game drops the Sonic characters asap it’s DMCA City. Maybe we’ll get lucky and this will be like, another Sonic Mania sitch, but I doubt it.

Seriously, what ****ing happened? Things were going good with Colors and Generations and then.... I don’t know what to say about Lost World, it was just... eh. Then the next game in line is Forces which was fun yes, but really uninspired and so god damn short.

And no, I don’t count Rise if Lyric. Sonic Team didn’t make that one and it was always meant to be a spinoff.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It had pretty great source material to draw from. However, the last 3 seasons had to branch off due to the absence of the final books...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nah from what I gather, fans are pretty pissed about the ending being both rushed and unsatisfying, especially when the creator of the books the show is adapting says they could've expanded the show for at a minimum 2 more seasons.
That is strange. You’d think they’d want to keep milking it. Maybe it was getting too expensive to make, even for HBO.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Don’t get too excited. Unless this fan game drops the Sonic characters asap it’s DMCA City. Maybe we’ll get lucky and this will be like, another Sonic Mania sitch, but I doubt it.

Seriously, what ****ing happened? Things were going good with Colors and Generations and then.... I don’t know what to say about Lost World, it was just... eh. Then the next game in line is Forces which was fun yes, but really uninspired and so god damn short.

And no, I don’t count Rise if Lyric. Sonic Team didn’t make that one and it was always meant to be a spinoff.
You'd be surprised how many Sonic fans act like it was the worst thing to happen to the franchise, even though it was a spinoff. I say they are overreacting, even though it did hurt the series in a way. Just not completely as some people made it out to be.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Who are D&D. Because I highly doubt you’re talking about Dungeons and Dragons. And HBO is a Warner Bros subsidiary. So it cannot tough Star Wars with a 50 ft Hard Man.
View attachment 224617
The two showrunners of Game of Thrones. David Benioff and D.B. Weiss

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I have never once, ever, seen SEGA take down a Sonic fan game. You may be confusing them with Nintendo.

tumblr_olq5fk5Bfs1vafq7go5_400.png

aight and that was the only post you're getting from me for the rest of your lives, i return back to the shadows

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think I stated it before, but I think what Phoenix Wright can bring is absolutely...unique. I don’t really know how they would have him work, but i’m sure they could

I just feel that the popularity of the Ace Attorney series...started on Nintendo consoles. The die hard Ace Attorney fans needed a Nintendo console to play the originals, and therefore would likely be Nintendo fans.

That isn’t to say AA wouldn’t bring in people to play Smash that hadn’t already. But I feel the largest Capcom margin to look at is Resident Evil, considering Monster Hunter is already in the game.

I’d also say DMC, but it’s actually not that huge of a franchise. Sure, it’s bigger than Ace Attorney, and not that sales dictate everything (after all, Mega Man May be the mascot, but he isn’t the money maker), but Resident Evil just has the characters, settings, and reach to hype up a good number of fans.

It’s also not totally expected, because frankly the gameplay itself seems to also have that air of “How would they even fight in Smash?”. But they could definitely do something creative with a RE pick.
make it a Layton/Pheonix duel announcement and you got a deal

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What's a game you guys want to see remade?
Quest 64, of course. There's just a ton of stuff to improve. Without even changing the basic gameplay or battle system. Better inventory is so easy. It's not like it can't easily be similar to an FF game. If you want to add a monetary system, you can just have numbers next to items. Of course, having one character, balance is a bit of an issue. Maybe sticking to a similar inventory, but have it a big square menu that you scroll through is way better than scrolling left to right with over 100 items possible.

Beyond that, basic Japanese changes, while fixing the A.I. so the projectile glitch doesn't happen(at max levels, you get extra projectiles. If these hit an enemy while they attempt to move on their town, the game locks as their A.I. is horribly simplistic. They can't adapt and literally breathe to move and attack, or not move and healing/play defensive/use a super long range spell).

Most others are slice of life; reading signs, seeing an aura when your HP/MP/Defense/Agility goes up, critical hits, ability to sort your inventory by type, better menus to separate specific kind of items, your status bar always being invisible(or make it an option to appear/disappear based upon your movement), make night and day matter, more story... and so on.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So I was browsing /v/, not because I post on 4chan (I don’t, I just browse for the lol’s and potential leaks), and there was a Resident Evil thread. In the comments, somebody linked to an updated section from Capcoms site that links to the top selling Capcom owned games.

Obviously, Monster Hunter World is their best selling game. Monster Hunter has 4 games in the Top 10 best selling Capcom games, while Resident Evil has 5 titles in the Top 10 (the last one that isn’t either series is Street Fighter 2). Sales in their own is, IMO, as bad argument to include a character or series in Smash, but with Monster Hunter and Street Fighter already in Smash, and the company mascot of Mega Man is also in Smash. Within the Top Ten Monster Hunter has made $25.8 million, while Resident Evil has overall made closer to $30 million.

Eh, I guess I just feel like Resident Evil makes a lot of sense, and makes even more sense now that Joker uses a gun in his moveset. There’s nothing else like it in Smash, which means that bringing anything zombie related, whether spirits or in a moveset, it’ll be mostly unique.

Like I said though, i’ve been convinced that Dante would be an excellent choice. Even if the voice clips for DMC1 are super weird when fighting vs. in-cutscene Dante.

With Dante though, I feel that his way of getting would have to be because of major trolling from the dude they interviewed a few months ago and saying, “If you want Dante in Smash, get DMC on Nintendo first”. Like, I could see it happening, but that’s the only way I could see it happening.

Basically if you ask me it’s Resident Evil or Devil May Cry. Both series have the chance to reach a decent sized audience (well, decent for DMC, huge for Resident Evil), whereas other series are either far smaller or have origins on Nintendo platforms, which would more or less limit their potential for new groups of fans compared to series that have larger fanbases.

I’m also very tired all of a sudden and my brain is just like...so done today, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom