• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Any franchises already in smash in any shape or form (mii fighter costume, spirit, brawl stickers, trophies, stage, assists, fighters, etc.) will most likely not get any rep in the Fighters Pass.
Whoa there man, you're doing this whole speculation thing wrong. This is the Smash Community, we only deal in absolutes.

e.g., "Banjo will never get it", "Shadow is a lock", ect.

I'm confiscating your speculation card.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Whoa there man, you're doing this whole speculation thing wrong. This is the Smash Community, we only deal in absolutes.

Speculation cards can only be revoked by specially qualified pure speculators. That qualification? One must never have tainted their brain by playing a Fire Emblem game. Lest they fall in love with a GASM.

NineS

Smash Lord

I knew it. I knew I should've been absolute...

There's only one thing to keep me going now that I can't speculate anymore...
unknown.png
Speculation cards can only be revoked by specially qualified pure speculators. That qualification? One must never have tainted their brain by playing a Fire Emblem game. Lest they fall in love with a GASM.
Wait, so I'm still a speculator...?

Man, that was short. I mean, on one hand, I get to be part of the smash community!
But on the other...

I'm part of this madhouse again...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Y-yeah. Fire Emblem? More like, uh, Loser Emblem, am I right?

I'd never touch that weeaboo trash.
*Hides FE amiibo collection behind back*

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Tranquility.png

Just a quick, unfinished doodled thingy I wanted to do to relax.

xD I know I should do the tagging, but since I am not sure this will appeal to everyone that asked for the tag whenever I upload something, I will just post it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're talking Paper Mario, I just want a game where the entire cast isn't replaced with bland ass Toads again.

One thing I'm sure of is that characters from 3D fighters are probably not going to get in, mainly because of the sheer difficulty Sakurai has of recreating their moveset faithfully into Smash.

And there's a fighting game character I'm surprised is hardly mentioned who I think is the next fighting game rep that definitely has a good shot and Video Game legacy.

He mentioned difficulty with Heihachi in particular. But the fact that Sakurai was clearly interested in the first place shows there's a small chance I think. I guess it depends on whether or not he can figure out how to implement the Z-Axis for a Smash character. Also, he could take a different approach when implementing them. Say maybe make the character rely more on combo strings. It'd be really different if say, Heihachi could use AAA, AAB, ABA, and ABB for different attacks all based on his vast moveset.

In the case of Sol, he's mentioned a few times. And if ArcSys got a character, he's a vastly better choice than Ragna. But I don't exactly know what Guilty Gear's popularity's at. SF's popular in the US/Japan/Korea, Tekken's popular, especially in US/Japan/Korea, MK's popular in NA/EU, SNK's got the Latin and Chinese markets.

GG's popular mostly in Japan, but it's competing with Tekken and Street Fighter.

Sol would be cool, just not my first choice.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
One day I’ll be good as you

One day XP
X'D NOI, that doodle thingy is not even like, done in any way, I just it randomly. I am pretty certain that you will get sooner to the level you want than you think! But thank you for the compliment, still!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What the **** have I walked into today.
Just me talking about Tekken as usual. I do like Sol, but I think if I were more of a Guilty Gear fan I'd be even more interested. I mostly have a passing interest in their titles. That said, they have some of the best visuals in the business if GGXRD and DBFZ are any indication.

Though honestly, there's a LOT of fighting game characters I'd be happy to see in Smash. Chun-Li, Scorp/Subz, Fulgore, you name it. Even Morrigan would be okay, if not a little too similar to the Shotos, as opposed to what people say about Terry. But even Morrigan could stand out with a command grab and aiming her Soul Fist with a QCF version.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What the **** have I walked into today.
˙qooɹɥs 'uǝǝq ɹǝʌǝ sɐɥ pɐǝɹɥʇ sᴉɥʇ ʇsǝpɹᴉǝʍ ǝɥʇ sᴉ sᴉɥʇ ǝʞᴉl ʇɔɐ ʇ,uop

˙lɐɯɹou ʎlǝʌᴉʇɐlǝɹ ƃuᴉǝq ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'spɹɐpuɐʇs s,pɐǝɹɥʇ sᴉɥʇ ʎq

StormC

Smash Hero
There's plenty of weeb-y stuff I enjoy, I play Persona and Tales games after all and have probably watched more anime than 80% of people posting in this thread, but something about Fire Emblem's general style and presentation has never excited me. The games are fine but the story and visuals/character designs just don't do it for me. I've played Awakening, Sacred Stones and Path Of Radiance but I couldn't get jazzed about them.

People have raved about Three Houses enough that I might try it, but I feel like I'll just get burned again, lol. Backlog is big enough as is anyway.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Watching the Gamexplain analysis of the recent Pokemon news from the direct and I noticed that there's an awful lot of eeveelutions during the curry segment.

Maybe the new Eeveelution evolution method will be tied to curry somehow, similar to how Sylveon was evolved through Pokemon Amie? Still doesn't do much to hint at what type it'll be though. Perhaps it'll be poison?

Shroob

Sup?
Watching the Gamexplain analysis of the recent Pokemon news from the direct and I noticed that there's an awful lot of eeveelutions during the curry segment.

Maybe the new Eeveelution evolution method will be tied to curry somehow, similar to how Sylveon was evolved through Pokemon Amie? Still doesn't do much to hint at what type it'll be though. Perhaps it'll be poison?
Ah yes, my favorite Eeveelution.

Salmonelleon

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

An actually good Fire-Type?

Loves, Flareon

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I haven't finished my Blue Lions playthrough, haven't even started my Black Eagles playthrough and...

I'm already starting a second Golden Deer playthrough on Maddening Mode. Playing through Blue Lions has just made me miss the Golden Deer even more.

It's funny how much stronger team loyalty is among the fans for the Three Houses compared to Nohr/Hoshido. Even I've gotten more caught up in it then I thought I would. Then again we hufflepuffs are known for our loyalty.

Shroob

Sup?
I went looking for the most bizarre and abstract meme I could find.

Yup, Godzilla Squidward T-Posing with random Japanese text and laughing crying emojis.... because why not
11565eff02a0cf12655503fee89d10d60a72147f_hq.jpg

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Why did a guy have to bash a bull statue with a banjo around this time--it's all I get when searching for Banjo.

I mean, I know you're excited he's in the game, no reason to take it out on Bigbutt.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Who is this?
There's a handful of bisexual characters, but there's no confirmed trans characters.

This is why you don't go around stating your headcanon as fact, even in a half-joking manner. It causes misinformation to spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom