• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh, I finally managed to make Discord work for me, on a tablet. That was frustrating me for months.

Now I'm just seeing how everything functions.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
"For some reason, only females have been found. It creates a reverse harem of male Salandit that it lives with."

Game Freak isn't even resisting anymore. They're appealing to THAT audience and they know it.
Is that like... Implying it, or...?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So a friend told me something interesting about the Spanish dub of Detective Pikachu.

In the scene where Tim is putting his pants back on after the Aipom attack, Pikachu in English said "I-I don't wear underwear... I'm, I'm not modest..." but in Spanish he says, "I don't wear underwear because I'm not afraid to show it"

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So a friend told me something interesting about the Spanish dub of Detective Pikachu.

In the scene where Tim is putting his pants back on after the Aipom attack, Pikachu in English said "I-I don't wear underwear... I'm, I'm not modest..." but in Spanish he says, "I don't wear underwear because I'm not afraid to show it"
20190911_194848.jpg

Also, I just realized I posted two Lucario reaction images in one day. That's two more than I've posted the entire time I've been on Smashboards.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Is it bad that I feel nothing for Gamefreak's upcoming Town game?
Pokemon aside the game looks very unpolished and boring.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai i dont care how many 3rd parties you shove down my throat just give me edelgard
It's absolutely fake.

Its a bit of a meme to take Fates dialogue boxes and edit fake quotes that are sort-of kind-of in character like that over them.
That's a meme for all FE games tbh
"For some reason, only females have been found. It creates a reverse harem of male Salandit that it lives with."

Game Freak isn't even resisting anymore. They're appealing to THAT audience and they know it.
What Re you even trying to imply here

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Considering what Sakurai has recently said, am I the only one that thinks that Sakurai wants to reach 100 characters...? He wants to go as far as he possibly can with this game and he isn't working on anything else AND he doesn't think a game like Ultimate can be replicated again...

With the final DLC character for the pass, Ultimate officially reaches 80.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Is it bad that I feel nothing for Gamefreak's upcoming Town game?
Pokemon aside the game looks very unpolished and boring.
A lot of people don't find it interesting, myself included.

Still, I do feel bad to an extent. This is their first chance in ages to create and publish a video game all by themselves, and they're getting hit from every angle thanks to SwSh. The criticism toward the lackluster game itself would've been bad enough, but we also have people attacking it because they think it's part of the reason why we don't know if Barbaracle and Basculin are available in Galar.

If this game fails, it's back to the neverending cycle of creating Pokemon games.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Considering what Sakurai has recently said, am I the only one that thinks that Sakurai wants to reach 100 characters...? He wants to go as far as he possibly can with this game and he isn't working on anything else AND he doesn't think a game like Ultimate can be replicated again...

With the final DLC character for the pass, Ultimate officially reaches 80.
I don’t know if it’ll quite reach 100

But good lord do I want it to

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I just hope that Town has Megalovania, Toby Fox is doing the soundtrack after all

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Town doesn't impress me, but looking at it, absolutely no way it cut into Pokemon, if anything, it's the opposite.
I wish more people would make this connection instead of the alternative.

I don't think Town looks very impressive, nor do I have high hopes for it doing well, but I do applaud Game Freak for trying their own thing for once and not devoting all of their interest in a single franchise just because it's successful.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So. What’s everyone been up to?

I wish more people would make this connection instead of the alternative.

I don't think Town looks very impressive, nor do I have high hopes for it doing well, but I do applaud Game Freak for trying their own thing for once and not devoting all of their interest in a single franchise just because it's successful.
Not to mention, according to the trailers, it’s a GameFreak IP. They own it. Not Nintendo. So if it doesn’t resonate with people it doesn’t even have Smash to help support it.

StormC

Smash Hero
So. What’s everyone been up to?
Just got a really good job offer today. Going to be working in the same building as Netflix's department. Pretty exciting stuff.

Also trying to figure out what next to start on with my backlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom