• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I always did like Chiaotzu, shame he ended up becoming so irrelevant in the show. I think it’s good they atleast gave him some sort of role in dbfz, most games now just leave him out completely.
Yeah, the thing about the psychic vampire is that he was written out last minute.
He's shown training during the 3-year period for the android attack:

He then appears in the "Warriors Gathering" artwork promoting the Artificial Human/Android saga:

Manga:

Anime:

Yet is the only Z-Fighter not to have a role in that arc. Most likely case being Toriyama doesn't know how to make a Telekinetic who relies less on melee attacks super effective in a Dragon Ball fight without making them unstoppable. Guldo abused his time stop against Krillin and Gohan but the moment he pulled out his telekinesis, got killed immediately by Vegeta. Freeza, when he used his on Goku, failed because he broke out of it in time before hitting the ground. If this **** worked otherwise then the heroes would've been killed and Nappa would've been defeated prematurely.

TK is an OP ability and the reason why Chaozu gets conveniently sidelined.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Chaiotzu I forgot existed at some point. It's weird as he's often seen as Tien's sparing partner. That would imply he still has competent fighting ability and can keep up somewhat to the other humans.

Then Toriyama decided Roshi was holding back throughout King Piccolo and early Z for ****s and giggles with his weird sudden power increase in Super. I like Roshi, but he was left behind a long time ago. The fact he's stronger than Tien and Yamcha (despite the latter retiring, he was still imo near Ginyu level in sheer power. He most likely declined, but should still be stronger than Zarbon which Roshi was nowhere near achieving) is nonsense.

Shame Tien, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu aren't Toriyama favourites.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Chaiotzu I forgot existed at some point. It's weird as he's often seen as Tien's sparing partner. That would imply he still has competent fighting ability and can keep up somewhat to the other humans.
The weirdest thing about that is all the documented training he has under his belt. He’s gone through the exact same training as the rest of the Z-Fighters with Karin, Kami and he even trained for a year on Kaio’s planet which was longer than Yamcha’s time there.

That’s the definition of a wasted character.

Then Toriyama decided Roshi was holding back throughout King Piccolo and early Z for ****s and giggles with his weird sudden power increase in Super. I like Roshi, but he was left behind a long time ago. The fact he's stronger than Tien and Yamcha (despite the latter retiring, he was still imo near Ginyu level in sheer power. He most likely declined, but should still be stronger than Zarbon which Roshi was nowhere near achieving) is nonsense.

Shame Tien, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu aren't Toriyama favourites.
Roshi even flat out admitted that he was being outclassed by the new generation and stepped down voluntarily.

It really does effectively flush all that progression down the drain.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Yeahh dragon ball now days is full of plot holes and forgotten characters. I’ve seen all of super but little things like that always bother me. Poor Launch, Toriyama admitted he just straight up forgot about her.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The weirdest thing about that is all the documented training he has under his belt. He’s gone through the exact same training as the rest of the Z-Fighters with Karin, Kami and he even trained for a year on Kaio’s planet which was longer than Yamcha’s time there.

That’s the definition of a wasted character.

Roshi even flat out admitted that he was being outclassed by the new generation and stepped down voluntarily.

It really does effectively flush all that progression down the drain.
Fans coming up with the power levels for the humans also bewilders me. They will try to claim that Krillin outmaches Tien and Yamcha, when I think it's relatively close and strategy would decide the victor. There's no way Krillin is way ahead of Tien logically speaking, particularly due to Krillin taking it more easy once he settled down. Yet Toriyama pushes him as the clear number 1...

MainJPW

M.T.A
I think it’s good they atleast gave him some sort of role in dbfz, most games now just leave him out completely.
Actually, you just reminded me that Chaozu's got some roles in DBZ: Kakarot.

Get to fight him and Tenshinhan and he's a support character along with Tenshinhan, Krillin and Yamcha.

And since you miss Lunch...here she is:

It's not much but it's something!

D

Deleted member

Can we take the time to appreciate this babey
1565804276479.png

Her name is Vibri and she's from Vib Ribbon on PS1

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Actually, you just reminded me that Chaozu's got some roles in DBZ: Kakarot.

Get to fight him and Tenshinhan and he's a support character along with Tenshinhan, Krillin and Yamcha.

And since you miss Lunch...here she is:

It's not much but it's something!
That’s pretty great. Wish I could get that game, but I don’t think it’s on switch.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Next month will mark two years since Nintendo announced VS. Balloon Fight and it's still no word on when it comes out.

WTF? :glare:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, the thing about the psychic vampire is that he was written out last minute.
He's shown training during the 3-year period for the android attack:

He then appears in the "Warriors Gathering" artwork promoting the Artificial Human/Android saga:

Manga:

Anime:

Yet is the only Z-Fighter not to have a role in that arc. Most likely case being Toriyama doesn't know how to make a Telekinetic who relies less on melee attacks super effective in a Dragon Ball fight without making them unstoppable. Guldo abused his time stop against Krillin and Gohan but the moment he pulled out his telekinesis, got killed immediately by Vegeta. Freeza, when he used his on Goku, failed because he broke out of it in time before hitting the ground. If this **** worked otherwise then the heroes would've been killed and Nappa would've been defeated prematurely.

TK is an OP ability and the reason why Chaozu gets conveniently sidelined.
As an aside, I find it kind of weird Vegeta didn't keep his scars like Tien did. And seeing Goku train with Gohan and Piccolo as a Super Saiyan is neat, since the show had him in base form. A shame about Chaozu not getting to do much, though if I had to pick between him, Tien and Yamcha getting more of a push, I'm going Tien.

I hope more arcs follow suit in the TOP, where more of the cast gets to have fights, even against jobbers. Because even Gohan and Piccolo struggle to get screentime in newer DB stuff.

D

Deleted member

so I went back to the old twitter layout using a google chrome extension
let's just say, I remember why I was mad at the changes

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, back from my adventuring.

When you go ring shopping, if you aren't materialistic, aim for just under 1 Karat for the diamond. The price is cut significantly. Big yike.

Just going down to .8 from 1.02 was almost $10,000 depending on what you're looking for.

Have to go back next week to actually look at particular diamonds and bands. Phase 1 is finished, at least.

Now to actually figure out what I want to do at home today...before I get sucked into Fire Emblem or...something.

D

Deleted member

Papagenos just checked the document about the conspiracy theory and finds it pretty interesting.

Sabi said so too when he saw it.

Hopefully something comes out of it in the near future.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Papagenos just checked the document about the conspiracy theory and finds it pretty interesting.

Sabi said so too when he saw it.

Hopefully something comes out of it in the near future.
Which document?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom