• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Maybe Rick or morty since we haven’t see. Then officially. But teasing wise, maybe Scorpion.

If discovery + had control of this game I would be money that they would immediately cancel everything and shut down down the game department. This is not a product they would be interested in based on their financial report the other day. Trust me you would rather the big greedy corporation have no control on this game then any control.

Also what problems do you genuinely have?

And the game literally has an arcade mode coming, you’ll be able to share the battle pass progress with someone, as well as several other online and single player mode coming alongside several competitive modes coming. I can’t see there being much else you could ask for here.
Honestly I'd rather not have a battle pass at all. Between it and how much the skins actually cost when you convert their fake money into real money, you're spending close to $120 just on costumes for what's currently in the game. And having at least all the costumes feels reasonable. An individual skin should not cost $8 on it's own (i've done the math). I have a friend who plays a lot of online multiplayer focused games like League of Legends and she says this is STANDARD, and my god do people not understand how much they are being ripped off.

And then there are certain movesets. My biggest problems are with Bugs and Wonder Woman, though I might get more as I play with more characters because I STILL HAVEN'T GROUND ENOUGH TO UNLOCK EVERYONE YET. With Bugs, the pie is not really a Bugs thing. It's more of a... generic cartoon thing. Not even specifically the Looney Tunes. On top of the fact that it's something he barely ever used in the original shorts, if at all. Same with the ACME rocket. Riding on a rocket like that is a perfect move for Wile E. Coyote, but they gave it to Bugs for some reason. I don't get that. It's not really something Bugs did in the cartoons, but Wile E. did it all the time. Then with Wonder Woman I just hate how so many of her moves use the boring sword and shield and some of her iconic techniques (throwing her tiara and bouncing bullets with her bracelets) go unused. I mean she kind of has a move with her bracelets but like that's not what i'm talking about. Banging them together to make a huge energy wave is not bouncing away incoming projectiles with them. Two other minor problems I have are with Reindog and Batman having projectles in their neutrals. It just feels so clunky. Especially when Reindog has a perfectly good tackle just sitting in his specials, literally just flip those two around and he's fine! It just feels like they broke unspoken rules of character design that make characters feel good to play as just because they could.

And just based on how it feels to play across the board, i really don't like how it doesn't have tilts and it doesn't have dashing. Yes, you always move at "dash" speed but like moving across the ground just does not feel right. When I first booted up the game I actually felt like I was moving SLOWER than in smash despite the game speed overall being higher. I could keep going. I actually typed out a bunch of different continuations of this detailing further criticisms I have with it. But the rest are all just gonna be "you just need to practice and get better" things. Because apparently just because some people can work with the lack of tilts and the requirement of chasing people into the air and the lack of shielding/throws and needing to dodge to recover and lots of up-specials not giving you any height, just because that works for some people just means that it can't be a bad thing that they're making the best out of no, it's just actually a good thing that the people who dislike it need to "git gud" at.

But the last thing that really gets me is all the random status effects and graphics constantly popping in during a match. I don't care how easy it is for you galaxy brained players to understand and I don't care how many of them are in Smash. The graphics constantly popping in distracts me and i wish I could just turn them off. Not to mention them being present makes me feel like I have to understand them but whenever I go to the glossary and look at that wall of text my brain literally shuts off. It's like I see more text than there actually is, i hate bringing up my autism in the middle of this but i think it's related. And because of that, when I loose a match at this it makes me feel like an idiot who's to stupid to understand everything going on. As opposed to Smash where when I loose I just feel like I suck.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's also proof that kids will like anything you give them and we need to be more careful and make sure we only give them quality content.
Ehh I can’t judge too hard. There’s definitely some things of questionable quality that I love because I’m nostalgic for them. Just look at the ice age movies.

I may talk ****, but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter. Like what you like.

As long as they don’t expect me to stop making fun of the Zeti

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Seeing unironic Zeti stans is just proof that the Wii U kids are beginning to rise up.

I’m not ready for the old folks home :239:
Wii U kids? It was only... 10 years ago Jesus Christ.
It's also proof that kids will like anything you give them and we need to be more careful and make sure we only give them quality content.
I mean I kinda agree but let's not pretend that our gen was known for having quality Sonic games

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Ehh I can’t judge too hard. There’s definitely some things of questionable quality that I love because I’m nostalgic for them. Just look at the ice age movies.

I may talk ****, but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter. Like what you like.

As long as they don’t expect me to stop making fun of the Zeti
As long as you don't expect me to stop making fun of Blaze either

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Maybe when she stops being boring

Okay, I kid, I kid. I'm sorry to any Blaze fans I offended, my guilty conscience won't let this go on

Amy is better though :troll:
Ok speaking as this thread's #1 Amy guy

that gets a big hmmmmmmm outta me :250:

Amy is great, but Blaze...

I mean...

she cat

so

I'm just so tired of snobbery in fan communities.

I join fan communities to talk about the stupid ** I like, not complain about the stupid ** other people like.
excuse me sir may i please for the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000th time point to a fangame's pre alpha Unity build and scream how it is objectively superior to anything else you like from this franchise

no i don't just like it because it caters to a very specific whim and is free shut up :135:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly I'd rather not have a battle pass at all. Between it and how much the skins actually cost when you convert their fake money into real money, you're spending close to $120 just on costumes for what's currently in the game. And having at least all the costumes feels reasonable. An individual skin should not cost $8 on it's own (i've done the math). I have a friend who plays a lot of online multiplayer focused games like League of Legends and she says this is STANDARD, and my god do people not understand how much they are being ripped off.

And then there are certain movesets. My biggest problems are with Bugs and Wonder Woman, though I might get more as I play with more characters because I STILL HAVEN'T GROUND ENOUGH TO UNLOCK EVERYONE YET. With Bugs, the pie is not really a Bugs thing. It's more of a... generic cartoon thing. Not even specifically the Looney Tunes. On top of the fact that it's something he barely ever used in the original shorts, if at all. Same with the ACME rocket. Riding on a rocket like that is a perfect move for Wile E. Coyote, but they gave it to Bugs for some reason. I don't get that. It's not really something Bugs did in the cartoons, but Wile E. did it all the time. Then with Wonder Woman I just hate how so many of her moves use the boring sword and shield and some of her iconic techniques (throwing her tiara and bouncing bullets with her bracelets) go unused. I mean she kind of has a move with her bracelets but like that's not what i'm talking about. Banging them together to make a huge energy wave is not bouncing away incoming projectiles with them. Two other minor problems I have are with Reindog and Batman having projectles in their neutrals. It just feels so clunky. Especially when Reindog has a perfectly good tackle just sitting in his specials, literally just flip those two around and he's fine! It just feels like they broke unspoken rules of character design that make characters feel good to play as just because they could.

And just based on how it feels to play across the board, i really don't like how it doesn't have tilts and it doesn't have dashing. Yes, you always move at "dash" speed but like moving across the ground just does not feel right. When I first booted up the game I actually felt like I was moving SLOWER than in smash despite the game speed overall being higher. I could keep going. I actually typed out a bunch of different continuations of this detailing further criticisms I have with it. But the rest are all just gonna be "you just need to practice and get better" things. Because apparently just because some people can work with the lack of tilts and the requirement of chasing people into the air and the lack of shielding/throws and needing to dodge to recover and lots of up-specials not giving you any height, just because that works for some people just means that it can't be a bad thing that they're making the best out of no, it's just actually a good thing that the people who dislike it need to "git gud" at.

But the last thing that really gets me is all the random status effects and graphics constantly popping in during a match. I don't care how easy it is for you galaxy brained players to understand and I don't care how many of them are in Smash. The graphics constantly popping in distracts me and i wish I could just turn them off. Not to mention them being present makes me feel like I have to understand them but whenever I go to the glossary and look at that wall of text my brain literally shuts off. It's like I see more text than there actually is, i hate bringing up my autism in the middle of this but i think it's related. And because of that, when I loose a match at this it makes me feel like an idiot who's to stupid to understand everything going on. As opposed to Smash where when I loose I just feel like I suck.
I agree on the pricing for sure. But like you said it’s unfortunately industry standard. However I actually think this is something that’s gonna change later since we know it’s pretty likely battle pass skins will be in the shop at some point . We just don’t know for what currency. If they follow suit of other games, then you only need to buy one battle pass to buy every other one in the game since they would have the currency needed to buy the next pass on the previous one. While I hate pricing like this on line games, some of the skins are cheaper the. 8 bucks. Still though they could definitely give you more gleamium for your buck. Unfortunately games like this need to make money somehow and that’s never gonna change.

Luckily skins don’t matter as much and the core gameplay makes up for it imo.

In terms of movesets, I think bugs is great. He feels exactly how he should. He’s harder to kill, which makes sense because they can never catch bugs. I love that he has the acme box and rocket because realistic of all the looney tunes characters. Willi E Coyote probably isn’t getting in. Or if he does it will be very far out from now. Regardless he has plenty to work with give all the gadgets he’s had over the years so I wouldn’t be worried there. Bugs is representing the iconic parts of Looney Tunes which I like as he’s the mascot.

Wonder Woman I don’t have much to say on. But there may be a reason for her moveset being like that, that I won’t spoil. Again though, they are open to character re works, and Wonder Woman has been heavily requested so maybe they will do something there. Reindog and Batman players absolutely destroy me online because they know how to use those exact projectile combos. It may feel odd at first but it’s a really nice momentum when you have it down.

As for tilts and what not there nothing wrong with wanting them. But this game isn’t meant to be like other fighters. I don’t see this changing even if they had new management. Maybe in a sequel, but right now they want their fight to have a different feel. You don’t have to like or agree with it, but hoping it will change is something a bit unlikely to happen.

As for status effects, yes there’s a lot of them. As someone also Autistic I don’t think that has anything to do with it. Tbh the status effects aren’t anything you need to pay attention to. They add extra damage and that’s really about it. In terms of reading there’s other OCD styled conditions that can make small paragraphs seem long but I have no right to diagnose that. You shouldn’t overwhelm yourself over it though. You don’t need status to win. If your enjoying the game then keep playing and I think you might have more fun/better understand things anddo better. I’m no pro at this game but playing enough has definitely led me to learn new things without reading up on hard competitive strats. Which is why I’ve come to find it a pretty enjoyable game overall even with a few issues. There’s always potential for change, and who knows what the games future holds.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
bringing good and bad news in a short amount of time like the complexless creature I am

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
No one likes cash shops, but like…IDK how you make money off of a service game without them. The alternative is subscriptions, and no one likes them either.

Games gotta make money to keep people paid and to remain profitable, and unfortunately, battle passes and cash shops are the most reliable way to keep the lights on. I personally don’t mind it, but eh, to each their own. I understand the distaste, especially for people who grew up playing games that just came out, asked for one flat purchase, and that was it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Haven't said much about it since Pokemon Presents, but I actually have high hopes for ScarVio.

The game looks like a major improvement of SwSh (which I never even disliked to begin with) as well as Legends Arceus. No telling if the story is still gonna be interesting, admittedly, but if the gameplay holds up, then that's of little concern to me.

Admittedly, the new gimmick is less interesting than Megaforms or Z-Moves, but if it's more balanced than Dynamax, then I'm, all for it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm curious what you mean by this.
This is from the datamine so be warned it may content future spoilers.
Theres data for Nubia in the game. People thought at first she was a skin. However a lot of the other data suggests that she’s actually going to be her own character. My guess is if she is her own character, she will take from wonder woman’s history and use stuff not currently in wonder woman’s kit in the game.

She could still be a costume, but she seems pretty plausible l as a separate fighter:

Also one thing I forgot to mention. The coin changes definitely suck and may be reverted to what they were in closed alpha, but if you want more coins, team up with a friend and you get more per match.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is from the datamine so be warned it may content future spoilers.
Theres data for Nubia in the game. People thought at first she was a skin. However a lot of the other data suggests that she’s actually going to be her own character. My guess is if she is her own character, she will take from wonder woman’s history and use stuff not currently in wonder woman’s kit in the game.

She could still be a costume, but she seems pretty plausible l as a separate fighter:

Also one thing I forgot to mention. The coin changes definitely suck and may be reverted to what they were in closed alpha, but if you want more coins, team up with a friend and you get more per match.
If anything I would give Nubia Diana's current kit and have Diana actually pull from her own history. That makes more sense to me. But even still, Nubia being her own character just isn't the best choice imo.
I've paired up with a friend before and I get more coins. But honestly, I'm so tired of playing against other people that I haven't played in days. (and no, the very limited vs bots mode with no customization currently there doesn't help).

Top Bottom