• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

• Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
MooMew64 MooMew64 So, I'm curious, why does everyone hate Sonic Adventure DX? Is the game genuinely poorly crafted, or do the complains just boil down to "#NOTMYSONIC"? Cause I've seen a lot of "It's bad" and not a lot of "why" haha.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Friend told me that I appear in a MetalJesusRocks video as we both attended a game convention from last month.

Going to look through that video to find me.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
MooMew64 MooMew64 So, I'm curious, why does everyone hate Sonic Adventure DX? Is the game genuinely poorly crafted, or do the complains just boil down to "#NOTMYSONIC"? Cause I've seen a lot of "It's bad" and not a lot of "why" haha.
Sonic Adventure DX on GCN is ok, it made some questionable graphical decisions that were probably due to the GCN having no easy way of replicating the DC release’s very game specific lighting engine. It also has higher poly models for the main cast (except Gamma and Eggman, for some reason), but they don’t…Look good. They have that gross Sonic Heroes plastic sheen on them and are super stiff looking with Adventure’s Garry’s Mod looking animations. Couple this with a worse lighting system and odd texture changes and the game just looks (subjectively) worse.

TBH those are all nitpicks and it’s a very fine way to play the game. It’s how I played it for the first time as a kid, and I’d still easily recommend it.

…The problems start with everything that happened after GCN.

See, back in the day, Sega released a PC port of DX that was based off of GCN. Then, they used it as a base for the Xbox 360 release, which introduced a whooooole lotta problems. Then, they used that shoddy port of the 2004 version for PS3. They then re-re-re-released it on Steam, spaghetti-ifying the code further. Some of the Steam versions issues include:

• No customizable aspect ratio, only 4:3 with ugly purple bars.
  • All of the GCN release’s issues.
  • Bugs’o plenty, such as stage clipping.

Thankfully, the community came up with a solution: Using your legally owned copy of SA1 on Steam, you can use a fan-made installer that reverts the game back to the 2004 port by converting it to that version. You can then install the Dreamcast Conversion mod with the installer to turn it into a near perfect replica of the Dreamcast release.

There’s a list I don’t have on me right now that goes deeper, but that’s about the gist of it.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Okay so

How bad is the Werehog really?

Cuz the day stages in Unleashed are looking kinda enticing.
Hello, Unleashed Wii kid here:

Werehog boring and bad.

Can’t speak for the current Series X version, haven’t tried it yet. Best way to play the game ATM and I’ve heard makes Werehog more bearable without all the frame drops.

Unleashed Project exists and is basically a near 1-1 port of the daytime levels into Gens PC.

It’s basically Unleashed, but actually good.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Not the Granblue VS devs announcing an online league without upgrading the ****ty netcode lmao

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
…The problems start with everything that happened after GCN.

See, back in the day, Sega released a PC port of DX that was based off of GCN. Then, they used it as a base for the Xbox 360 release, which introduced a whooooole lotta problems. Then, they used that shoddy port of the 2004 version for PS3. They then re-re-re-released it on Steam, spaghetti-ifying the code further. Some of the Steam versions issues include:
It's not even the only Sega game where one port butchered all future ports. The Dreamcast version of Crazy Taxi had to have textures downgraded from the arcade version, but every system the game's been ported to after that (except the PSP) has enough RAM to handle the arcade textures, but they still gotta deal with Dreamcast blurs.

But hey, on the plus side, even though the PC port lacks the Offspring and Bad Religion songs, its soundtrack actually contains more songs than the original game, which modders have taken advantage of by adding more songs from the same Offspring/Bad Religion albums they licensed for the original game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
on one hand I want to play more Nick Brawl, on the other hand Multiversus being out makes me feel like I can't, even though I don't like MVS that much and actually haven't touched it in days and wish it was a very different game. I can not explain this.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

KillerCage

Smash Master

Until this ride of a game concludes, XB3 will have to wait.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Lemme level with y'all, Generations is great and all, but Lost World is blessed with the Deadly Six AND Frozen Factory so it wins by default

And I have nostalgia bias to Heroes so yea
Imma level with ya. The deadly six are bland one dimensional tropes, the levels in Lost world are bland and uninspired. And the only good things about it are it's crossover levels.

Colors and Generations are peak 3D Sonic design.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I actually liked the Werehog stages far more than the daytime stages.

But then again, that might've been because it was my first Sonic game and I had to get used to the speech mechanics and the like.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Honestly if he wasn't already cast I'd have loved it if he played Kang the Conqueror
Johnathan Majors has been casted to play Kang/all of his variants since Loki
76D6701A-710C-4071-AA44-D733FA9C75FF.jpeg

rumor has it that the guy who played Yellowjacket in the 1st movie will end up being MODOK
Rick and morty are not the only season 1 characters:
time to throw in all those leaked characters and alts

Top Bottom