• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

• Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
I was just hoping for a shakeup with the game. Any sort of shake up really. Since I'm dissatisfied with it and the odds of things changing on their own are low. Especially since everyone else seams to love it the way it is. I just want something to make it change.
Are you sure you have a specific problem with the game that you think this merger will fix or do you just want to punish other people for enjoying something you don't?

Like, they're not going to make this game a Smash-clone like you want at this point.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Are you sure you have a specific problem with the game that you think this merger will fix or do you just want to punish other people for enjoying something you don't?

Like, they're not going to make this game a Smash-clone like you want at this point.
They might change how the game is monetized and certain characters might change how they're represented under the new guard.

Also, it already is a smash-clone. that's the name of the genre.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I was just hoping for a shakeup with the game. Any sort of shake up really. Since I'm dissatisfied with it and the odds of things changing on their own are low. Especially since everyone else seams to love it the way it is. I just want something to make it change.
Then there's me

AKA miss "add Caitlin or garbage game"

Before you ask, no, I don't know what's wrong with me. :4pacman:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Getting a major haircut today. Will be the first time in like...five years I'm doing this type of cut.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
With your track record, I feel like any sort of "shake up" would be more likely to just make you like it less.

osby

Smash Obsessed
They might change how the game is monetized and certain characters might change how they're represented under the new guard.

Also, it already is a smash-clone. that's the name of the genre.
That seems highly unlikely to me. Free-to-play with monetized premium content is one of the more consistent ways of milking a game so I don't see why a notoriously greedy new management would change it.

"Certain characters might change" is just baseless wishful thinking. It's the same non-argument with people saying their mains would absolutely get movement overhauls if literally anyone but Sakurai was in charge.

And no, I wouldn't call Multiversus a Smash close any more than an anime fighter is a Street Fighter clone. It's a platform fighter game with some Smash DNA but it's mostly its own thing.

Bayonetta.
Simp detected.

1659796425248.png

not that I judge

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That seems highly unlikely to me. Free-to-play with monetized premium content is one of the more consistent ways of milking a game so I don't see why a notoriously greedy new management would change it.

"Certain characters might change" is just baseless wishful thinking. It's the same non-argument with people saying their mains would absolutely get movement overhauls if literally anyone but Sakurai was in charge.

And no, I wouldn't call Multiversus a Smash close any more than an anime fighter is a Street Fighter clone. It's a platform fighter game with some Smash DNA but it's mostly its own thing.

Simp detected.

View attachment 358094
not that I judge
If Rogue-likes and metroidvanias can be named after the games that inspired them, so can smash-clones. Platform Fighter is way too wordy.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
so…will it be MODOKin Time?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There was a problem fetching the tweet
so…will it be MODOKin Time?
Im alone on this probably, but I applaud the effort. A 100% comic accurate design would really not have worked. I can't see any version of him in live action that still has skin and flesh that wouldn't look super gross and weird. This still keeps the idea of him while still making him appealing for a film going audience to look at.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New multiversus Announcement today is seemingly happening:
QUOTE="SnakeFighter64, post: 24743269, member: 410035"]
There have been literally multiple complaints by people on things like Balance and content and the devs have already started fixing them on top of promising doing more.

How can you say that’s a bad thing?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There have been literally multiple complaints by people on things like Balance and content and the devs have already started fixing them on top of promising doing more.

How can you say that’s a bad thing?
I just wish the game were different. In some ways it's going to be. It's going to get re-balanced (which I never complained about but I also never noticed because winning against other people always feels completely random to me), It's going to get more content (more characters, hopefully some single player stuff). But things aren't going to get changed in the way I want them to unless something big happens because mostly, people are happy with the game. Where I have a problem, people see something good or just are fine with it. So forgive me for wanting something big to come in and shake things up and say "you have to do things differently" just in the hopes of in the random hurricane of chance that would generate some of the outcomes I wanted.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I made a mistake of putting a kitchen in a house in DQB2 and all if the sudden, everyone and the ****ing COWS ran in and started crowding the house, eating cabbage.

Edit: this asshole got stuck on the roof again, wtf

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just wish the game were different. In some ways it's going to be. It's going to get re-balanced (which I never complained about but I also never noticed because winning against other people always feels completely random to me), It's going to get more content (more characters, hopefully some single player stuff). But things aren't going to get changed in the way I want them to unless something big happens because mostly, people are happy with the game. Where I have a problem, people see something good or just are fine with it. So forgive me for wanting something big to come in and shake things up and say "you have to do things differently" just in the hopes of in the random hurricane of chance that would generate some of the outcomes I wanted.
Well, what do you wish was different about the game?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Who it'll probably be: Morty

Who I wish it'd be: Must I even say at this point? :4pacman:
Maybe Rick or morty since we haven’t see. Then officially. But teasing wise, maybe Scorpion.

If discovery + had control of this game I would be money that they would immediately cancel everything and shut down down the game department. This is not a product they would be interested in based on their financial report the other day. Trust me you would rather the big greedy corporation have no control on this game then any control.

Also what problems do you genuinely have?

And the game literally has an arcade mode coming, you’ll be able to share the battle pass progress with someone, as well as several other online and single player mode coming alongside several competitive modes coming. I can’t see there being much else you could ask for here.

Top Bottom