• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This whole chapter seems really weird. Like the Yamato situation seems like it was a last minute swerve and the Kurozumi thing also seems kinda weird. I'm curious if there was any interference from the publisher or editor. It's a shame because I was excited for Yamato to join I really like him.

Luckily the Carrot stowaway theory lives.
Yeah, I'm hoping that Carrot winds up stowing away, and Yamato joins the crew later. It seems weird that we don't even get a scene of the Straw Hats saying goodbye to the Minks, by all appearances, so hopefully something comes of this and the idea that Carrot is uncomfortable with being put in charge of Zou.

If nothing comes of it, then I feel like Oda fumbled the ending of this arc, considering that it would mean that one character who seemed set up to potentially become a Straw Hat was forced into a job that they had no confidence in against their will, with no say whatsoever in whether or not they took it, and another character who was basically screaming "I'm going to be the next Straw Hat!" did a complete 180 off-screen in the final chapter of the arc and decided to stay in the place that they'd wanted to escape for almost all of their life.

I've been reading One Piece weekly for about 17 years, and depending on how the next few chapters pan out, this might be the most disappointed that I've been with the series.

Last edited:

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I cannot believe it's been almost 3 weeks since I last played Overwatch. and it' feels so good to be away from that loathesome piece of filth.... I know, I know... I keep beating a dead horse. With all apologies to the AVGN...this is how I feel about Overwatch..
vlcsnap-2022-08-17-14h39m35s259.png

Overwatch is friggin horrible and I dare you to play it!
Anyways... I don't know if I wanna pay $15 for Kirby's Dream Buffet, it looks cute, but I don't know. And come on Nintendo, if Sony and Microsoft belatedly allow Kratos, Master Chief and Aloy into Fortnite, with those skins available on the Switch version, it' won't be the end of the world if Samus, Captain Falcon or Bayonetta could be made available on the PS4/5 and XBOX Series.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I cannot believe it's been almost 3 weeks since I last played Overwatch. and it' feels so good to be away from that loathesome piece of filth.... I know, I know... I keep beating a dead horse. With all apologies to the AVGN...this is how I feel about Overwatch..
View attachment 358912
Overwatch is friggin horrible and I dare you to play it!
I'm gonna be blunt: I still like Overwatch as a game.

But the community's toxic and the company behind the game itself is awful. Kinda separating art from the artist, I suppose. I probably won't be getting Overwatch 2. I'd rather not give them the extra money and even if Blizzard had seriously improved as a company by now, I haven't heard good news about 2's balancing.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I will say, I played the Overwatch 2 Beta and had more fun there than I ever did with Overwatch 1.

All of the other problems about balancing and Activision being Activision still apply.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
We have a full list of the NPC Waddle Dee and Kirby names

There are a ton of really deep cut references in here
every time i see a race of creatures where their names and culture all themed around being that creature (such as the waddle dees), I think about what it would be like if humans were like that.

"My name is Humando, and I live in Fleshville! I work in an opposable thumb factory, and my favorite past time is going to the Organ Store!"

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, I'm hoping that Carrot winds up stowing away, and Yamato joins the crew later. It seems weird that we don't even get a scene of the Straw Hats saying goodbye to the Minks, by all appearances, so hopefully something comes of this and the idea that Carrot is uncomfortable with being put in charge of Zou.

If nothing comes of it, then I feel like Oda fumbled the ending of this arc, considering that it would mean that one character who seemed set up to potentially become a Straw Hat was forced into a job that they had no confidence in against their will, with no say whatsoever in whether or not they took it, and another character who was basically screaming "I'm going to be the next Straw Hat!" did a complete 180 off-screen in the final chapter of the arc and decided to stay in the place that they'd wanted to escape for almost all of their life.

I've been reading One Piece weekly for about 17 years, and depending on how the next few chapters pan out, this might be the most disappointed that I've been with the series.
I'll be blunt

The Yamato stuff didn't really surprise me much. No one aside from Robin's ever really forced themself into the crew, and Luffy rarely if ever gives future crewmates nicknames, to which Luffy kept calling Yamato "Yama-bro".

There's also the fact that to "Live like Oden", Yamato does kinda need to stay behind. Greenbull attacked Wano, and Yamato realized that if they didn't stay, Wano could end up just like what happened when Oden left originally, aka, fall into the hands of Orochi and Kaidou. That, and their devil fruit is literally the guardian of Wano.

Now Carrot tho? Yeah, Carrot is hella sus ngl.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Friday Night Funkin' modders spending hours upon end creating an ugly drawing of Freddy Fazbear holding a microphone dancing to some mid edm music.

Also somehow one of the modders gets exposed for some crime during this.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Warner Bros. Discovery stop making bad decisions challenge. (There are even more in the replies)

Yeah this is probably because of the HBO Max and Discovery+ merger (As discovery+ shows are disappearing too) but that was a pointless decision.

At least I hope it is just for the merger, but I can totally see them forgetting these shows ever existed because corporations are ghouls who only care about funds.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
never forget that in the Avatar world, Ozai literally banned being gay for years during his fire lord reign, and then nobody major wanted to come out the closet until Korra did…

damn Ozai be super evil

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Warner Bros. Discovery stop making bad decisions challenge. (There are even more in the replies)

Yeah this is probably because of the HBO Max and Discovery+ merger (As discovery+ shows are disappearing too) but that was a pointless decision.

At least I hope it is just for the merger, but I can totally see them forgetting these shows ever existed because corporations are ghouls who only care about funds.
Oh no…
I better grab Close Enough on iTunes before they take that down too.

Top Bottom