• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

• Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, the test run will be arriving 2 weeks before the official launch. The old game of Rock-Paper-Scissors is on.
Screenshot_20220810-083003_YouTube.jpg

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Well, the test run will be arriving 2 weeks before the official launch. The old game of Rock-Paper-Scissors is on.
View attachment 358360
Good ol' rock! Nothing beats that!

Bonus for Splatoon 2 players, we are not going back to completely start fresh again.
View attachment 358361
Oh boy - I'm going to be matched up against people who have no idea what they're doing!

(I had a terrible experience with Splatoon 2's online - I played enough matches to unlock the full set of amiibo gear, and that was it, considering that I was stuck with basic weapons that seemed to deal scratch damage while being put up against people whose weapons killed me almost immediately)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Haunt race:

1660139730629.png

“I’m Haunt Strigoi. Master of blood and darkness, my fangs are at your command.”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Romanian mythology. Evil spirits that have risen from their grave. A sinner or the seventh son or daughter of a family can also turn into this kind of being when living. However, if one dies from suicide, curse, or execution for perjury, they may become a “dead strigoi”, which are much more dangerous and torment their family until they die. Strigoi can transform into animals, turn invisible and get stronger by drinking blood.

Skills: Life Drain, Mudo, Venom Chaser, Estoma

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Femme race.

Since strigoi legends are the root of most modern demon portrayals, there is a lot of lore about these creatures. Hilariously, one way to defeat them is listed as simply digging their grave and putting them facedown so they go to the underworld when they wake up. Surprisingly, its design is pretty unique, even if I couldn’t spot any specific references, it certainly looks like the part of an evil wizard/vampire. The word “strigoi” has various connotations with other evil beings, such as the strix in Ancient Greece, Strega or witches in Italy, and French stryge, blood-sucking bird women. Romanian verb “a striga” means “to scream”.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I like how almost all of the new specials force you to move but not in obnoxious ways like how a competent Sting Ray user could track you through the entire stage.

The QOL chances are cool, the Salmon run changes are cool(not sure about the final boss waves though ngl) the new card game... exists? I don't think I'll be interested in it tbh.

Overall this was a solid 9/10 direct for me, I liked basically everything that was shown from the Amiibo to the new weapons to the new specials to the idols.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Top Bottom