• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

The trailer highlights an all-new game mechanic called the "Heat System," which triggers aggressive attacks with special moves and enhancements for each character's abilities.
Oh so they're adding something they call the "Heat system" to Tekken huh

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Think about it

Booster Energy is consumed on use, right?

Meaning...

Tera-Flying Roaring Moon with Acrobatics....

..........Dios mios
Side note but how do:
the boosters and their abilities work? Whenever I bring Iron Hands to raids and activate the booster, it says attack was heightened, but I do like no damage. Also on the in battle stat screen, it does not show any changes.

Are these buffs invisible or am I missing something?

Shroob

Sup?
Side note but how do:
the boosters and their abilities work? Whenever I bring Iron Hands to raids and activate the booster, it says attack was heightened, but I do like no damage. Also on the in battle stat screen, it does not show any changes.

Only speed gets a 1.5x increase, all other stats get a 1.3x increase instead.

And raids have extremely bloated HP pools, so if you're not doing a ton of damage, it may be due to that.

Reactions: Z25

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Think about it

Booster Energy is consumed on use, right?

Meaning...

Tera-Flying Roaring Moon with Acrobatics....

..........Dios mios
Already fought a few on Showdown, that set is an absolute beast.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Side note but how do:

Invisible yes. Same for Ruin stuff

Reactions: Z25

dezeray112

Smash Hero

osby

Smash Obsessed
Random thought: You know how Persona 4 had a single party member whose Persona was based on a book character and then Persona 5 cast mostly had fictional figures as their Personas as opposed to the usual mythological ones?

It'd be interesting if Persona 6 uses fairy tale motifs similar to Kasumi's Persona, Cendrillon. It's mostly an uncharted territory despite the ridiculous popularity of Alice (though one can say that it's a bit overused theme).

D

Deleted member

And here we have Nebula with a Christmas sweater! (With a design of Gamora and Thanos in the back)

It's a neat minifigure, and the head has a new print. Liking the build for the gift and the sweater could easily be used for sig-figs (basically minifigures based on yourself for those Who don't know).
So yeah, this one's a good day

Gonna take the chance too to drop a review of a movie I watched this morning.
So, this is the new 2D animated Night At The Museum movie.
Honestly, I wasn't sure at first about whether or not an animated Night At The Museum movie was a good idea, but the way they applied the animation into some of the jokes ended up selling me on the idea. A few character designs do take time to get used to but overall I am pleased with these.

I am happy to say that a good chunk of the jokes hold up as well as in Night At The Museum 2, and I unironically chuckled with a few. There's however some tropes of animated kids movie (such as the ending dance off), but they aren't too distracting at least for me.

Something which does bother me doh is that they never explain how Kahmunrah returns from what happened in the second movie. We can only assume It is a different statue Who just so happens to remember everything which happened in that movie, which is kinda weird ngl.

With all said however, the main character (the kid in the original movies Who is now 18) is a really pleasing one and you do root for him throught the movie. The actors of the Museum characters while not being the original ones (understandable doh knowing what happened to Robin Williams for example...) do decent impressions of them and overall I'd say they capture their essence well enough. I was also happy to see that they did use again the whole fighting with the lantern idea from the second movie, as I feel that was one of the best gags of the second movie.

So yeah, overall I did enjoy the movie. It ain't a masterpiece, but I'm sure kids who own Disney+ will have a fun time with It. I'd give It a 5,75/10, not as good as Night At The Museum 2 but still enjoyable despite the weird Kahmonrah plothole.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Random thought: You know how Persona 4 had a single party member whose Persona was based on a book character and then Persona 5 cast mostly had fictional figures as their Personas as opposed to the usual mythological ones?

It'd be interesting if Persona 6 uses fairy tale motifs similar to Kasumi's Persona, Cendrillon. It's mostly an uncharted territory despite the ridiculous popularity of Alice (though one can say that it's a bit overused theme).
Ill take it
BUT
a male character will have to be given a princess for once and not something like "big bad wolf". Like, give a dude Sleeping Beauty, Little Red, anything beside the gruff tuff stuff for once

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
In addition to the Tekken 8 trailer, here is the latest trailer for Street Fighter 6:

In other news, the DC reboot drama continues as Patty Jenkins is no longer going to helm the third Wonder Woman film:

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ill take it
BUT
a male character will have to be given a princess for once and not something like "big bad wolf". Like, give a dude Sleeping Beauty, Little Red, anything beside the gruff tuff stuff for once
Why not, they could pull something cool with it.

...this makes me think, I thought it's not often a Persona user's gender doesn't match their Persona's gender actually there are quite a few throughout the series: Brown, Ayase, Lisa, Ken, Naoto, Futaba and I guess P3P Heroine.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Why not, they could pull something cool with it.

...this makes me think, I thought it's not often a Persona user's gender doesn't match their Persona's gender actually there are quite a few throughout the series: Brown, Ayase, Lisa, Ken, Naoto, Futaba and I guess P3P Heroine.
Im still kinda perplexed about why Futabas person is not only a ufo but has tentacles

Dukefire

Smash Master
More Among Us stuff is coming soon. For those that are still playing every now and then.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Conspiracy theorist who starred on InfoWars, was spouting some "The Jews are in control" nonsense and happened to wear Kanye West's shoe brand
It goes even deeper because apparently this dude is friends with the owner of the Women Posting Ls Twitter account and that user for some reason revealed that he knew all about the plan by sharing the dms for no reason so yeah, a messy situation all around.

Apparently dude was around the age of 14 years old, how did this happen? nvm that's when he was on Infowars

Last edited:
Top Bottom