• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I've been watching a lot of Prowder's Smash Who Can Do It videos and I've noticed my boi passes a lot of them. Like to the point to where if I were to make a whole platforming game using Smash Ultimate's mechanics and had to choose only one to be the main character, it'd be Yoshi. He has all the tools to complete any challenge while at the same time doesn't have any bull**** moves that break the spirit of platforming (not naming any names but.... you probably know who) :yoshi:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Welcome back to March Smashness, we hit the final four! These ones were tightly contested, much less of a margin of leads, but in the end, only four move on.
Here is the backet
View attachment 369542
As you can clearly see, the entire bracket is now Samus vs Scrimbo Bimblos. Sonic is the last remaining 3rd party franchise, Metroid is the only one that is not primarily a platformer franchise. Since there was only four brackets, I'll just lay on the statistics right now.

Total votes: 25

• Mario v Pokemon was a 50-50 split to start, but Mario was slowly pulling away the more votes came in. Mario leaped for a 16-9 finish, Pokemon just couldn't catch the W.
  • Metroid got a significant lead early on, it was 5-0 at the start of the round. Sadly, it was too much for Castlevania to make up. Metroid crawled to a 16-9 victory.
  • The closest one of the day: Sonic vs Zelda. This was hotly contested, there were multiple lead changes as voting came it, it started off 50-50 right off the gate. However, Sonic sprinted to the finish line last second, taking a win 13-12.
  • And shockingly, Mega Man v Kirby was close as well. This one also had several lead changes, I actually thought Mega Man would score the upset, it was leading for a while, but Kirby has the benefit of the late votes. Smashboards decided their favorite copy machine is the Pink Puff, as Kirby Swallows a 15-10 victory.
AND VOTE NOW
Pokemon is out

There is hope for this forum yet

Shroob

Sup?
You know, with how popular superheroes are, I’m surprised VeggieTales never made a LarryBoy movie. They probably would not be in financial trouble if they had.
I mean, Veggietales was already on a steep decline when the financial trouble hit. Them making a movie only made things worse for them.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, Veggietales was already on a steep decline when the financial trouble hit. Them making a movie only made things worse for them.
Yeah. And they made a movie with very niche appeal that would pretty much only draw in fans of their characters and the subject matter. Jonah’s a great movie but there’s no way THAT was gonna help recoup costs. They needed to make something with broader appeal.

Shroob

Sup?
Not really related but man are Switch screenshots quality some doodoo
Ehhhh, that's not entirely true. The screenshot I posted earlier of Basculegion was nice.

Granted, the only models the Switch had to render were my character and Bascu, so that's why.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You know, with how popular superheroes are, I’m surprised VeggieTales never made a LarryBoy movie. They probably would not be in financial trouble if they had.
they’ve made 4 Larry-Boy movies (since they called all 4 Larry-Boy specials movies) and a show…just not a super high budget movie (tho the show had hella great quality)
Oh yeah the E-Shops are closing soon.

Is CEMU still the only worthwile Wii U emulator out there?
Nintendo really letting Kid Icarus: Uprising be forever trapped inside of the 3DS

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
they’ve made 4 Larry-Boy movies (since they called all 4 Larry-Boy specials movies) and a show…just not a super high budget movie (tho the show had hella great quality)

Nintendo really letting Kid Icarus: Uprising be forever trapped inside of the 3DS
I mean yeah technically. But you know what I meant.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
DC needs to stop showing off characters that are meant to be surprises in their movie commercials

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I really wish Street Fighter had gone back to a more cel shaded/anime aesthetic with 6 instead of trying to go for… what they’re doing know. You know. The halfway point between live action and anime that games like Tekken and FF7R do. IDK it just feels wrong for Street Fighter.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Back in early 2014, I was playing Pokemon Y. I was going about my business, when something extraordinary appeared. A shiny Slowpoke! Holy ****, how exciting! I went to throw a PokeBall, but I came to a haunting realization... I had no Pokeballs. With a heavy heart, I cut my losses and ran away, knowing one day our paths would intersect once more.

Nine years have passed, perhaps to the day. It was Slowpoke community day in Pokemon Go. I figured it would finally be time to redeem myself. I was no longer the young boy with no responsibilities, however, I was now a "man" with a job. I didn't have the full three hours to look. However, I was fortunate enough to have a break at the right time to catch some Slowpoke! With the Incredible shiny odds, I would basically be guaranteed, right? Right?
1679206125408.png

**** you you pale moron. At least I got one of the British ones

osby

Smash Obsessed
I remember learning that in 4th grade and having a small crisis.

I was also taught that it used to be socially acceptable to put little boys in dresses.
I used to pull that trivia out whenever kids made fun of me for having pink stuff in grade school.

Jokes on them, I had historical accuracy on my side.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Welcome back to March Smashness, we hit the final four! These ones were tightly contested, much less of a margin of leads, but in the end, only four move on.
Here is the backet
View attachment 369542
As you can clearly see, the entire bracket is now Samus vs Scrimbo Bimblos. Sonic is the last remaining 3rd party franchise, Metroid is the only one that is not primarily a platformer franchise. Since there was only four brackets, I'll just lay on the statistics right now.

Total votes: 25

• Mario v Pokemon was a 50-50 split to start, but Mario was slowly pulling away the more votes came in. Mario leaped for a 16-9 finish, Pokemon just couldn't catch the W.
  • Metroid got a significant lead early on, it was 5-0 at the start of the round. Sadly, it was too much for Castlevania to make up. Metroid crawled to a 16-9 victory.
  • The closest one of the day: Sonic vs Zelda. This was hotly contested, there were multiple lead changes as voting came it, it started off 50-50 right off the gate. However, Sonic sprinted to the finish line last second, taking a win 13-12.
  • And shockingly, Mega Man v Kirby was close as well. This one also had several lead changes, I actually thought Mega Man would score the upset, it was leading for a while, but Kirby has the benefit of the late votes. Smashboards decided their favorite copy machine is the Pink Puff, as Kirby Swallows a 15-10 victory.
AND VOTE NOW
Curse you, Mario
Back in early 2014, I was playing Pokemon Y. I was going about my business, when something extraordinary appeared. A shiny Slowpoke! Holy ****, how exciting! I went to throw a PokeBall, but I came to a haunting realization... I had no Pokeballs. With a heavy heart, I cut my losses and ran away, knowing one day our paths would intersect once more.

Nine years have passed, perhaps to the day. It was Slowpoke community day in Pokemon Go. I figured it would finally be time to redeem myself. I was no longer the young boy with no responsibilities, however, I was now a "man" with a job. I didn't have the full three hours to look. However, I was fortunate enough to have a break at the right time to catch some Slowpoke! With the Incredible shiny odds, I would basically be guaranteed, right? Right?
View attachment 369550
**** you you pale moron. At least I got one of the British ones
I got one pale moron and four Homer Simpson lookin ass brits, but that worked for me since I already had a Shiny Slowbro so now I have a Shiny Slowking as well

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Twas a normal night for Pink Yoshi, trying to come up with ideas for her cartoon...when all of a sudden she tries to watch a bit of YouTube cartoons and this happens
TO THE CREATURE RESCUE.png

Why must PBS Kids' shows slap so hard?

(Aviva is a cinnamon roll who is too pure for this planet by the way)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I remember learning that in 4th grade and having a small crisis.

I was also taught that it used to be socially acceptable to put little boys in dresses.
And heels, dont forget men also used to wear heels

Then women happend and we took everything funn away from them but now is mens tine to reclaim that ****. Go men, go

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I like how one of these isn't fictional, imagine being such a ****ing clown that you're up against Bad Person You're Not Meant To See Yourself In, Bad Person You're Not Meant To See Yourself In and Bad Person You're Not Meant To See Yourself In.

Still need to see Boondocks, the occaisonal twitter clip I see from it is comedy gold

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And heels, dont forget men also used to wear heels

Then women happend and we took everything funn away from them but now is mens tine to reclaim that ****. Go men, go
You ladies can keep heels, we don't like wearing them.
I like how one of these isn't fictional, imagine being such a ****ing clown that you're up against Bad Person You're Not Meant To See Yourself In, Bad Person You're Not Meant To See Yourself In and Bad Person You're Not Meant To See Yourself In.
Yeah idk why Homelander's there either, he would lose pretty fast

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
With the Wii U and 3DS eShops closing, is anyone making last minute purchases?

I figured out what the problem was with my Wii U and 3DS (they weren't close enough to the router or modem or whatever), though I'm not sure if I can add money to my Wii U. Still, I'm thinking about getting Shin Megami Tensei 4 and some of the Professor Layton games. (I only have one, or two if you count the Ace Attorney crossover)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
With the Wii U and 3DS eShops closing, is anyone making last minute purchases?

I figured out what the problem was with my Wii U and 3DS (they weren't close enough to the router or modem or whatever), though I'm not sure if I can add money to my Wii U. Still, I'm thinking about getting Shin Megami Tensei 4 and some of the Professor Layton games. (I only have one, or two if you count the Ace Attorney crossover)
SMT4 is perhaps the best game in the series for beginners and I strongly recommend it as it's gotten a permanent price slash a while ago, it's a fantastic experience you surely won't regret.

Smirk mechanic might be annoying though lmao

Top Bottom