• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

osby

Smash Obsessed
Persona 5: The Phantom X looks like it's going to tread familiar ground more than I initially thought (it's mostly not!P5 for PC and mobile) but there is some intriguing stuff we're shown so far, namely the Velvet Room.

1679036765087.png

For starters, unlike all the Velvet Rooms we saw so far, this doesn't look like a place designed to welcome guests or prisoners. It appears like an aquarium at first glance but no, it's basically an underground tunnel with a broken roof and some fancy furniture thrown around. If anything, it looks like the unstable version it took during PQ. However, if Igor is here it shouldn't be unstable. So... is this another impostor situation?

Not to mention, the sea above the room is an interesting choice. Is it supposed to be the Sea of Souls? Then why Velvet Room is so down low when it's usually right by the real world?

Maybe I'm reading too deeply into it but given how Igor seemingly got recast again, they seem to be doing something big with Velvet Room. I imagine they won't stray too far from P5's plot but it'd be nice if this game used its spin-off status to experiment with some lore details.

Also, they're showing the turn order constantly onscreen so that's neat.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is pretty neat:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Anyone seen Shazam 2 yet? It hit cinemas tonight. I’m gonna see it Saturday.
I might see it today; I'm undecided between that or Creed 3.

EDIT: I checked the times, and the timing for Shazam 2 works better for me, so I'll go and see that. While I'm out, I'll see if I can find the new Dragon Ball movie on DVD once I'm done watching Shazam.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Seriously. Tell me these characters wouldn't be awesome in Street Fighter 6. Or ANY Street Fighter.
  • Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters)
  • Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)
  • Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII)
  • Queen/Makoto Nijima (Persona 5)
  • Kamen Rider-1/Takeshi Hongo (Kamen Rider)
  • Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Seriously. These are cool ideas. It's not like I suggested WordGirl, Princess Peach, Iron Man, Red Guy, Chuck Norris and Harambe. Those redditors were just being mean.
Given Marvel's and Capcom's history with each other, I'm honestly kinda surprised no Marvel characters like Spidey, Wolverine or Cap hadn't made any guest appearances in Street Fighter.
I imagine the gameplay of GODZILLA Vs. Capcom being a 2.5D fighter from the monster view and a Semi-Sandbox 3D Arena fighter for the Capcom characters. 4v4 Tag Team
How would that even work given you know...The size of kaijus.

What about Shonen Jump vs. Capcom instead?
Anyone seen Shazam 2 yet? It hit cinemas tonight. I’m gonna see it Saturday.
Gonna try to see it again this weekend as a double feature (Seeing 65 again) with my buddies, it depends if one of them can make it though or he just might not come.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Persona 5: The Phantom X looks like it's going to tread familiar ground more than I initially thought (it's mostly not!P5 for PC and mobile) but there is some intriguing stuff we're shown so far, namely the Velvet Room.

View attachment 369479

For starters, unlike all the Velvet Rooms we saw so far, this doesn't look like a place designed to welcome guests or prisoners. It appears like an aquarium at first glance but no, it's basically an underground tunnel with a broken roof and some fancy furniture thrown around. If anything, it looks like the unstable version it took during PQ. However, if Igor is here it shouldn't be unstable. So... is this another impostor situation?

Not to mention, the sea above the room is an interesting choice. Is it supposed to be the Sea of Souls? Then why Velvet Room is so down low when it's usually right by the real world?

Maybe I'm reading too deeply into it but given how Igor seemingly got recast again, they seem to be doing something big with Velvet Room. I imagine they won't stray too far from P5's plot but it'd be nice if this game used its spin-off status to experiment with some lore details.

Also, they're showing the turn order constantly onscreen so that's neat.
Im becoming mostly curious on whether or not this takes place after Strikers or if it’s in a different timeline occurring at the same time as 5’s first big PT adventure. Maybe they’re going to have major interactions with the Phantom Thieves or if the rest of the team are just there for gatcha purposes
Disney Channel and even PBS Kids clear the heck out of CN and Nickelodeon and I won't hear otherwise #NatureCatSweep
is that really unpopular tho? Cause that war is still going on to this day without a clear winner

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Everyone knows how racist Disney villians are, so I decides to powerscale how racist Pixar villians are
View attachment 369488

I am ****ing bored
The Wall-E ship AI should absolutely be racist, like, it's a ****ing AI, have we not all heard the stories of algorithms for resumés, the Nokia cameras telling Asians to not close their eyes, paper towel dispensers not working when a guy with melanin tries using one, etc

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
guess Bayonetta will continue her streak of having excellent music in her games that fits the theme based on this

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The Wall-E ship AI should absolutely be racist, like, it's a ****ing AI, have we not all heard the stories of algorithms for resumés, the Nokia cameras telling Asians to not close their eyes, paper towel dispensers not working when a guy with melanin tries using one, etc
I actually have considered it, but I decided to give it benefit of the doubt that it takes place centuries after our time so the AI doesn't discriminate anymore.

Hopefully.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
osby osby dont watch todays Buddy Daddies episode if you dont wanna cry
Everyone knows how racist Disney villians are, so I decides to powerscale how racist Pixar villians are

my-image (3).png

I am ****ing bored
Yeah, Syndrome is 1000% racist-

Who the hell is the dog?

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

I am ****ing bored
Looking at the last row to give explanations (except the first and last):
Monsters University: While she does have valid reasons for expelling Sulley (failing a test, cheating), for Mike she expels him because he’s “not scary”. She does wish them well at the end.
Toy Story 4: Only wants to be loved. Has no animosity towards anyone.
Inside Out: A nightmare inside of a child so can’t really discuss.
Coco: Appears friendly but considering his true colors near the end…

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Looking at the last row to give explanations (except the first and last):
Monsters University: While she does have valid reasons for expelling Sulley (failing a test, cheating), for Mike she expels him because he’s “not scary”. She does wish them well at the end.
Toy Story 4: Only wants to be loved. Has no animosity towards anyone.
Inside Out: A nightmare inside of a child so can’t really discuss.
Coco: Appears friendly but considering his true colors near the end…
Oh shoot, I actually seen like 3/4 of these movies (1/4 is Coco), I just... forgot.

Not really memorable films aside from Inside Out.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now that recency bias had died down a bit is Sonic Frontiers a must play game for a Sonic fan?

I've been kinda on the fence about this one, it looks like a fine game but idk if it's $60 worth

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now that recency bias had died down a bit is Sonic Frontiers a must play game for a Sonic fan?

I've been kinda on the fence about this one, it looks like a fine game but idk if it's $60 worth
To me, it is worth it enough. Maybe not on a complete 100% scale, but it i still a great game. If I were you, though, I would take time to make careful judgement on if you want the game or not. I can understand in a way why it might not be a game for you. And I am not trying to be offensive at all, by the way.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I really enjoyed it for the combat and movement options given to Sonic (this is the best he's controlled in a 3D space since Adventure 1 IMO), although the environments aren't particularly interesting to explore and the Cyberspace stages are mostly ass. $40 would probably be a better price for the game but I don't regret paying full for it. 'Twas fun.

It also depends on how much jank you can tolerate in your Sonic games.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I really enjoyed it for the combat and movement options given to Sonic (this is the best he's controlled in a 3D space since Adventure 1 IMO), although the environments aren't particularly interesting to explore and the Cyberspace stages are mostly ass. $40 would probably be a better price for the game but I don't regret paying full for it. 'Twas fun.

It also depends on how much jank you can tolerate in your Sonic games.
As I was going to say, TheMightyP TheMightyP , Sonic Frontiers was fun, but had its faults. If you don't mind the faults such as the Cyberspace stages and all, you should give it a go.

But if you don't like the faults or the sound of how bad they may seem, then probably do pass on it.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I’d actually compare it to Pokémon S/V.

If you’re willing to look past a significant amount of jank (tho not as much jank as Paldea) there’s a pretty rad game in there.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just got back from Shazam 2, and I'm not sure why critics are so split on it. It was a fun breezy two hour film with some great characterization from Freddy. Sure, there was some really obvious product placement about half/two-thirds of the way through the movie, but the result of that was some pretty entertaining scenes.

I get why there was so much negativity towards Ant-Man 3 from critics (it felt more like it was dedicated to setting up future movies than anything else - as a fan, I was perfectly fine with that, and I thought that Paul Rudd, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Jonathan Majors gave great performances, but I can see why a critic looking at it as a stand-alone movie would have issues), but that wasn't the case here; the movie was mostly self-contained.

---

I just saw the news about Lance Reddick; I'm only familiar with him through the John Wick movies, but it seems so sudden/unexpected. I'll echo the feeling of "what the **** "; it definitely seems too soon.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Where in the hell had she been all this time then? Did Ozai banish her as with his wife???
wouldn’t she be super dead by the time Ozai would’ve had any power, like with Sozin?
I don't know how this game is going to be but I'm intrigued.
Reviewers seem to like and/or love the game (and fans are enjoying the music as expected from Cereza), so that’s something

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Since I mentioned before I'm beginning work on concepts for a Nitro Squad-focused Crash Bandicoot cartoon, I figured I might show off the character bios for my interpretations of the five gals. Under the spoiler

Tawna
Tawna is the leader of the Nitro Squad, and has been ever since she and the other four girls first decided to form a racing team together. Aspiring to be like her boyfriend, the heroic Crash Bandicoot, Tawna is a spunky and tomboyish marsupial who takes her leadership position…relatively seriously. Being the leader, Tawna often finds herself rolling her eyes at her friends’ antics, but she’s not above getting pulled into the hijinx herself. While she can sometimes be snarky and rude when she’s especially annoyed, she’s still very close to her friends and loved ones, and if you mess with them, she won’t let you get away with it without at least one limb missing!
Voice Actor: Misty Lee

Ami
Ami is a playful and adventurous tomboy who loves the thrill of the race. She likes to think she’s brave, but she’s a bit more skittish than she’d like to admit! She’s not exactly the brightest of bulbs, and she cries easier than a grieving cane toad, but she’s got a caring heart and even if she’s afraid, she’ll come through for her friends in the end. Ami’s an accomplished athlete as well as a racer, but she’s not all sweat and fisticuffs – she’s kind, friendly and has a secret love for flowers, though you’d have a hard time getting her to admit it if you don’t know her well enough. Above all, though, Ami is a loyal and lovable friend and will do anything for those she cares about!
Voice Actor: Cissy Jones

Megumi
Megumi is a bubbly and nerdy scientist with a heart of gold. She’s a girly-girl to the core and has a kind heart to match. A wannabe genius, Megumi loves playing with biology, chemistry and the like, but she’s not exactly the best at it… Megumi is very close with her friends and will do anything she can to help them, be it work on their cars or try to cure their allergies with disgusting placebo tonics. While she’s not quite as timid and emotional as Ami, she does have her doormat tendencies – she’ll probably let you win a race if you ask her. Despite her occasional mess-ups and the explosions her science fascination sometimes causes, Megumi’s friends love her and wouldn’t have her any other way!
Voice Actor: Stephanie Sheh

Liz
Liz is a laid-back former supermodel who moved forward from letting British men snap pictures of her…let’s say “tail” and moved on to racing with her friends. She’s a bit sarcastic and loves making jokes and pulling pranks, but deep within that fur beats a heart of gold along with that will of steel. She likes to think everyone has a bit of good inside them – a belief that can sometimes get her into trouble! Alas, Liz can’t help this. Compassion’s in her nature, perhaps even moreso than insulting your mother. While she can sometimes be smug and egotistical, Liz cares just as much about everyone else as she does about herself. Just don’t touch her biscuits!
Voice Actor: Victoria Atkin

Isabella
Isabella is the oldest of the Nitro Squad, but she only wishes she was the most mature! She’s on the temperamental side – beat her in the race and her bitter side will be on full show. But she’s not all rage – like all her friends, she’s got a kind heart and a bit of a dorky nature on the inside. She’s also protective of her squadmates, and like Tawna she’ll do anything she can to keep them happy. She holds a particularly soft spot for Liz, the first true friend she ever had and her surrogate little sister figure. And if you’re a fan of pizza, Isabella is your bandicoot – she’ll talk to you about it for hours. She’s also very skilled at racing and is always willing to help her friends improve their racing skills further!
Voice Actor: Melanie Minichino

Would love to know your favorite of my interpretations!

Top Bottom