• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Just realized that I don't have a concept for a Komala evo that fits my region

RIP, that's one Pokémon I really wanted to give an evolution to

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I don't think Spain has anything specific for giraffes so who cares lol go do it anyway
I’ve been watching Chainsaw Man with my brother and we just watched episode 8.

And holy ****, what in the world just happened? That was one of craziest anime episodes I’ve seen in a while.
What you witnessed was part of Fujimoto's Wild Ride, hope you enjoyed it despite Himeno being done so dirty by the anime

Reactions: Z25

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I don't think Spain has anything specific for giraffes so who cares lol go do it anyway
That and Komala wasn't introduced in an Australian region anyway.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
holy **** digglets chapter 19 of Engage was one ****ing hell of a challenge to get through

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Uh ohView attachment 366923
Should I be worryed about that on Normal difficulty?
as someone who is playing the game on normal difficulty…yes…yes you should be worried. Not even the Byleth paralogue was this difficult. Hard to think of a better comparison, so I’ll say it’s like fighting Edelgard’s other form in the Blue Lions route.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay so I'm finally feeling calm right now so I guess I'll explain what's been going on with me in proper terms.

Recently someone in an aro/ace discord I'm in linked to something called The Gender Dysphoria Bible. I didn't think I had gender dysphoria but I'd been silently wondering if I could be nonbinary or agender so I checked it out just in case and uh

^This was me.

Some of that stuff hit way close to home. Basically sent me into a straight up panic. Then I had a knot in my stomach that lasted several days - I felt physically ill from the stress and was desperate for it to end. I think what happened was a lifetime of suppressed dysphoria poured out all at once.

I tried changing my name to Zephyr in online spaces and selecting they/them as pronouns, but felt no difference. So then in that same server I tried Zoey and she/her and suddenly that knot in my stomach was just gone and replaced by a fear of what that might mean for me.

I'm still seriously doubting I could be transfem but like...I'm not sure how else to explain this past week for me. And little things from my past that I brushed off are all coming together. But it feels weird to think that I might have been in this much denial for so long.

And I'm not feeling dysphoric at all right now and it's like that past week didn't even happen at all, so now I'm having trans doubt. I dunno. Maybe I'm genderfluid (girlflux?) or something. This past week freaked me out too much to not mean something, I guess I just need a little more time to figure things out for the time being. Y'all can call me Zephyr or Zoey or Zach or whatever for the time being, I'll say when I'm ready to settle on something for good. But if I'm certain of something, it's that even if I go back to feeling "cis" after this I definitely won't be treating gender the same way anymore.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

What you witnessed was part of Fujimoto's Wild Ride, hope you enjoyed it despite Himeno being done so dirty by the anime
So she…
lives longer in the manga?

Still went out pretty hardcore though

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Okay so I'm finally feeling calm right now so I guess I'll explain what's been going on with me in proper terms.

Recently someone in an aro/ace discord I'm in linked to something called The Gender Dysphoria Bible. I didn't think I had gender dysphoria but I'd been silently wondering if I could be nonbinary or agender so I checked it out just in case and uh

^This was me.

Some of that stuff hit way close to home. Basically sent me into a straight up panic. Then I had a knot in my stomach that lasted several days - I felt physically ill from the stress and was desperate for it to end. I think what happened was a lifetime of suppressed dysphoria poured out all at once.

I tried changing my name to Zephyr in online spaces and selecting they/them as pronouns, but felt no difference. So then in that same server I tried Zoey and she/her and suddenly that knot in my stomach was just gone and replaced by a fear of what that might mean for me.

I'm still seriously doubting I could be transfem but like...I'm not sure how else to explain this past week for me. And little things from my past that I brushed off are all coming together. But it feels weird to think that I might have been in this much denial for so long.

And I'm not feeling dysphoric at all right now and it's like that past week didn't even happen at all, so now I'm having trans doubt. I dunno. Maybe I'm genderfluid (girlflux?) or something. This past week freaked me out too much to not mean something, I guess I just need a little more time to figure things out for the time being. Y'all can call me Zephyr or Zoey or Zach or whatever for the time being, I'll say when I'm ready to settle on something for good. But if I'm certain of something, it's that even if I go back to feeling "cis" after this I definitely won't be treating gender the same way anymore.
Oh I totally get this feeling. Used to get it every time I questioned my gender until one day I gave it some thought and talked to my friends about it.

I still haven't got this whole gender thing figured out, but what helped me is the realization that I'll still be me no matter what gender I end up being. It's probably easier to say this when you have a large circle of queer friends in real life, but I still hope it helps.

Sorry if I made it about me, I just want you to know that you're not alone in this.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ever since I turned 20, I've been getting hella emails and ads for the Military. Like the day of I got a recruiter coming in my school email and now the ads been ramping up. Just today I signed up for this "find an event" site for making friends and game dev purposes and the first event that pops up is about the Military, which I did not mark as an interest mind you.

So if I uh... disappear one day, just know it wasn't me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So she…
lives longer in the manga?

Still went out pretty hardcore though
Nah but they changed how a few scenes were handled which I feel actively damages her character and the intention behind her.
Warning. Rant in coming
The anime emphasizes the kissing with a close up of her and Denji's tongues while the manga made it seem that there was no actual tongue but rather Himeno just ****ing puked instantly. When Himeno also tries having sex with Denji, the anime does it's best to make it a more sensual scene which is unnerving cause the lad is only 16. But what makes this particularly bad to me is how she reacts to finding out she almost slept with Denji, in the anime, she brushes off the fact she almost commited a serious crime in a somewhat flirty manner but in the manga? She breaks her flirty funloving persona and says "Oh thank god, I'd be in serious trouble if I made a move on a minor" while sweating. The whole point of Himeno to me at least, is that she's desperately lonely similar to Denji, it's why she flirts with almost every person we've seen her interact with. She sleeps around a lot because she's lonely and frustrated about how Aki doesn't share her feelings for him. I feel the anime missed this entire part of the narrative which is a shame because it does understand the value Chainsaw Man places on it's quiet, tender moments. Makima also gotten more sexualized so Himeno isn't the only one but unlike Himeno it actually works very well for Makima cause it shows her more so from Denji's point of view.
I love this manga too much, I'm still upset my phyiscal copies have printing errors

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ever since I turned 20, I've been getting hella emails and ads for the Military. Like the day of I got a recruiter coming in my school email and now the ads been ramping up. Just today I signed up for this "find an event" site for making friends and game dev purposes and the first event that pops up is about the Military, which I did not mark as an interest mind you.

So if I uh... disappear one day, just know it wasn't me.
How do you do fellow smashboards user? Have you ever wanted to be a certain smash character? I know I have, who wouldn’t want to be Snake from Metal Gear Solid?

Being in the military seems supper cool! Only real gamers could make it in there.How crazy would it be if we signed up?

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Since y'all brought up the Boss Baby films, I'm curious to know...why do y'all think the Trolls movies get so much hate?

I mean, I've seen nothing but negativity towards the upcoming third movie, and a general distaste for the first two movies as well as the franchise in general. Usually because of how it represents 'corporate' stuff, but I'm someone who doesn't usually see corporatism in films. I personally really enjoy the movies (besides some admittedly cringey moments), thanks to some great performances, banger songs and some of the best CG animation I've ever seen, and I'm really interested to see what the third movie brings to the table.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So, does anyone have ten Pokémon they'd like to see get an evolution?
Hm...
1: Ledian
2: Ariados
3: Magcargo
4: Grumpig
5: Chatot
6: Gogoat
7: Komala
8: Pincurchin
9: Squakabilly
10: Bisharp (I want a split evolution that's themed around the Queen. I like Kingambit but my shiny Bisharp will never evolve into it)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Hm...
1: Ledian
2: Ariados
3: Magcargo
4: Grumpig
5: Chatot
6: Gogoat
7: Komala
8: Pincurchin
9: Squakabilly
10: Bisharp (I want a split evolution that's themed around the Queen. I like Kingambit but my shiny Bisharp will never evolve into it)
I saw a really good Squawkabilly evo this morning (vid also has evos for other Paldea mons). I wish it were real

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Since y'all brought up the Boss Baby films, I'm curious to know...why do y'all think the Trolls movies get so much hate?

I mean, I've seen nothing but negativity towards the upcoming third movie, and a general distaste for the first two movies as well as the franchise in general. Usually because of how it represents 'corporate' stuff, but I'm someone who doesn't usually see corporatism in films. I personally really enjoy the movies (besides some admittedly cringey moments), thanks to some great performances, banger songs and some of the best CG animation I've ever seen, and I'm really interested to see what the third movie brings to the table.
Because Trolls is a kids movie for kids that's filled with catchy kid friendly songs that kids will like, and kids love it. However, animation fans online can't comprehend when a movie is made for a primarily young audience instead of appealing to their tastes, and thusbthey flip their ****. They don't gotta like it but they go way overboard with the hate (no fellas, Trolls isn't an abomination to the artistic medium).

The biggest thing that the fail to understand is how the industry works. Cash cows like Trolls helps fund other projects like **** in Boots.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still have to get around to watching **** in Boots: The Last Wish. Missed out on the theater experience (It's still in theaters in my area but since its now streaming, gonna wait for the price to go down to rent it).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, I rightfully **** on online animation nerds, but if there was one thing I wish they did, it's to watch more animated projects that isn't made by Universal (Illum, Dreamworks), Sony, or Disney. Animation is cinema they say, but there's a whole lot more than what's in theaters (thought it may be tough considering Disney bought out like everything).

Granted I'm guilty of this too but yeah.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also, I I rightfully **** on online animation nerds, but if there was one thing I wish they did, it's to watch more animated projects that isn't made by Universal (Illum, Dreamworks), Sony, or Disney. Animation is cinema they say, but there's a whole lot more than what's in theaters (thought it may be tough considering Disney bought out like everything).

Granted I'm guilty of this too but yeah.
This dude apparently never heard of Laika Studios.

Coraline, Boxtrolls, ParaNorman, Kubo & the Two Strings, and The Missing Link.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Because singing killed Branch's grandma, okay?!

I'm actually neutral on the movies but the joke had to be said

Noipoi

Howdy!

They aren’t anything amazing, but they’re harmless. Two things I will praise are the art direction, which is immaculate, and some of the songs which are legit good.

That doesn’t mean they aren’t without their flaws, however…

SINGING KILLED MY GRANDMA!!!

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Imma be real, I'm probably biased towards Trolls cuz it features Anna Kendrick and I'd watch 12 hours straight of Velma if she was in it. But I do genuinely really enjoy the movies, they're a LOT of fun in general.

Top Bottom