• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh yeah, Sonic Origins is getting patched:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Currently waiting for my uncle and aunt to leave so thag I can go with them, my family had a big argument earlier and I don't want to stay the entire weekend.
It's been well over an hour and I'm still here

Would've ordered a cab if I knew this would take so long ffs

Noipoi

Howdy!
I want to live in a world where YouTube reviewer and let's play culture didn't shape Sonic discourse for the next 15 years+.
Sonic 06 came out at the worst possible time. Youtube was just discovering the magic of ****ting on games, and there just so happened to be a tarinwreck of a game from one of the biggest franchises in the world.

Pain.

MooMew64

Sonic 06 came out at the worst possible time. Youtube was just discovering the magic of ****ting on games, and there just so happened to be a tarinwreck of a game from one of the biggest franchises in the world.

Pain.
HEY DID YOU KNOW SONIC KISSED A LADY

A HUMAN ONE

HE DID

HE DID DO THAT

HE KISSED A HUMAN LADY ONE TIME

AND THE GAME WAS BAD

AND HE KISSED A LADY

AND IT WAS ROCKY

HE KISSED A LADY

DID YOU KNOW

HE KISSED A LADY

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sonic fought dragons in Black Knight and no one really bat an eye...

because they were too busy ******** about the sword instead, but I've rarely, if ever, seen anyone go "lol Sonic fought a dragon" so the overall point the tweet is making is moot
Perfect Chaos, Metal Overlord, and Biolizard were all giant lizards/dragons of sorts and tbh nobody really complains about them (in fact they were the highlights of the game). I legit don't get the complaint here.

MooMew64

Perfect Chaos, Metal Overlord, and Biolizard were all giant lizards/dragons of sorts and tbh nobody really complains about them (in fact they were the highlights of the game). I legit don't get the complaint here.
I think its trying to say how Mario gets a pass but Sonic always gets dumped on, and while I almost agreed, TBH Mario fans have been taking cues from Sonic fans lately and are hating everything, so :drshrug:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Actually, **** it. from Adventure until Generations Sonic's fought:
CHAOS Ancient God of destruction
Science experiment prototype with a space colony cannon rammed up it's ass (you'd think people would mock this in particular)
Metal Sonic but with CHAOS Ancient God of Destruction and Shadow DNA added
The God of time or something, I dunno, whatever the **** Solaris was.
Shadow had to fight an alien invasion and Sonic assisted with it
An evil genie
Evil King Arthur who was actually an illusion from a witch who he then fought
An evil angry god of the earth type thing with Dark Gaia
A corrupted mother of an alien race
A being that could **** with the fabric of time

He's been fighting all sorts of stuff that you'd think is really weird for "fast funny cartoony blue hedgehog" and no one really mocked any of those things outside of maybe aspects of the actual fights themselves like "WATCH OUT FOR A HOMING SHOT! BE CAREFUL SONIC!"

I think its trying to say how Mario gets a pass but Sonic always gets dumped on, and while I almost agreed, TBH Mario fans have been taking cues from Sonic fans lately and are hating everything, so :drshrug:
I feel like there's a better way to make the point than "look Mario had a giant dragon that looks out of place, people would take the piss out of Sonic for it" tbh

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So guys Made in Abyss season 2 opening is up so watch at how beautifully it is (unless if you know, you know........which is oh my god this is messed up).

I'm undecided. Gotta see how the schedule lines up for the work week.

Besides, I ordered the Special Edition so I'm not sure if it'll even arrive here by release day.
I booked 2 days off in case mine came a bit late. I'd be working from home both but I don't want a surprise meeting out of nowhere or having to look busy.

Also as you pre-ordered the special edition.........Welp hope you really get it on the day. I'd feel a bit guilty if you didn't.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel the issue is more so that Sonic's been trying too hard to be like Mario lately but forgetting what makes Mario so special, thus when Mario and Sonic have the same idea Mario usually executes it well but Sonic just has an identity crisis.

MooMew64

I feel like there's a better way to make the point than "look Mario had a giant dragon that looks out of place, people would take the piss out of Sonic for it" tbh
If one wants to have that convo, a better comparison I feel is how Mario 64 is treated VS SA1 and SA2.

Or literally all of Mario Sunshine VS the average Sonic game.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If one wants to have that convo, a better comparison I feel is how Mario 64 is treated VS SA1 and SA2.

Or literally all of Mario Sunshine VS the average Sonic game.
Maybe it has to do with the age I was when I played them but I find Mario 64 way clunkier than SA1, and I played that game with a keyboard in a version that's apparently considered bad.

MooMew64

Maybe it has to do with the age I was when I played them but I find Mario 64 way clunkier than SA1, and I played that game with a keyboard in a version that's apparently considered bad.
Mario 64 is a game very dear to me, but I'm not about to say it isn't only just barely above a tank controls game, because IMHO is pretty much is.

SA1 controls like butter, I have never once struggled making Sonic do what I want him to do and I never understood the "HE'S TOO SLIPPERRRRYYYYY" people. Like, even in the admittedly kinda bad Steam port, he's still pretty dang good.

SA2 physics are...yeah it was admittedly a downgrade. They killed the spindash and gaining speed doesn't feel nearly as snappy nor as fun as SA1 because of that. Air control is also a lot worse IMO.

Still better than vanilla Mario 64 physics, lol.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
SA1 is a great game but Big is definitely a make it or break it thing. His gameplay is just that bad and last way longer than it should. Everything else is fine but even for the time I gotta say the animations, story, and voice direction were some doodoo. It's hilarious now but back then yeah it was bad even for the 90s.

SA2 is a fine game, but they made some horrible design choices that weren't really needed.

MooMew64

SA1 is a great game but Big is definitely a make it or break it thing. His gameplay is just that bad and last way longer than it should. Everything else is fine but even for the time I gotta say the animations, story, and voice direction were some doodoo. It's hilarious now but back then yeah it was bad even for the 90s.

SA2 is a fine game, but they made some horrible design choices that weren't really needed.
I'm actually one of those weirdos who likes the Big levels lol

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I remember playing the game with a friend a few years back, we actually had fun with the Big levels back then.

But as a kid I could never get past them

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

1657922400622.png

Ratio so big I had to bust out the Big the cat .png

MooMew64

So much of vanilla SA2 is just weird.

Like, the speed characters, treasure characters, and shooting character in SA1 were pretty much perfect, IDK why they felt the need to mess with it:

- As I stated above, killing the spindash was a terrible move for SA2. It makes gaining speed such a pain sometimes, and it just isn't as fun. Spamming the dashes in SA1 is awesome and was fantastic for shortcuts and platforming.

- Changing the emerald tracker to only track one emerald at a time is such a seemingly small change, but it completely ruins the treasure characters for a lot of people.

- Making the mechs have weird, quasi-tank controls instead of Gamma's normal, 360 movement was...Really bad. It makes them feel really clunky, which sucks because Eggman's levels are like, some of the game's peak in terms of level design and fun factor.

- Amy's 'WAH" whenever she homing attacks is still embedded into my psyche, and I have nightmares of them, please help me.

Last edited:

MooMew64

I’ve only played like, a very small bit of Sonic Adventure DX when I was much younger, so I have nothin’ to contribute here, haha. I wanna play the Sonic Adventure games, though!
For the love of all that is good, please play the Steam version with this whenever you play SA1, the vanilla Steam and PS/Xbox ports are a certified Sega moment. That mod installer will downgrade it back to the OG PC release with mods made to turn it back into the Dreamcast version, which makes the Steam port of the game peak Sonic gameplay.

Vanilla SA2 is fine, you should probably play it that way for your first time to get a feel for it before modding it. But if you like the vanilla with sprinkles approach, shoot me an @ sometime whenever you're ready to play it and I'll link ya to the vanilla friendly QoL and physics mods. :nifty:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So those rumors for Marvel at comic con are basically dead or mostly false:

They said no Captain America at all at SDCC.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Going to a con sounds fun, if only I don't hate crowded spaces and don't value my nose.
I went to a comic con here in VA and didnt really smell much. Granted I was double masked because i knew there was gonna be a crowd

There were and bunch of Tanjiros, Shinobus and Nezukos tho.

Doesn't help that my friend's little brother and sister were dressed as tanjiro and shinobu so when I walked away from them and tried to find them later I kept running into other tanjiros and shinobu that werent mine

Top Bottom