• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • None

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
RPG, Action Games, Platformers are probably my big 3.

As for played:
Pokemon Moon
The Mario 3DS Games
...actually that's about it, my mind is blanking on the rest
Mega Man, MMX, Metroid, Spyro, Ratchet and Clank, Castlevaina, DKC

Some of my main recommendations.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, looks like hacking my 3DS was a bust

Looks like it's emulation time
Lmao jk turns out that **** was easy as hell
I was gonna say, I messed up the first time when doing it for mien, then I found the step by step readable guide and that was way clearer and easier.
I gotta be real, if this hacked 3DS goes through, I'm... really only gonna use it for the old 2D Pokemon games.

Because imo the correct way to play 2D Pokemon is via a handheld
I had several Pokémon rom hacks on old hacked one before the battery like blew up during my move.

it also had the sequel to ace attorney investigations because they never releasd absolute peak in the west.

Had the fan translation of the great ace attorney to way before they translated it officially because I never thought they would. Still gotta buy the collection on switch to play the second game though.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I was gonna say, I messed up the first time when doing it for mien, then I found the step by step readable guide and that was way clearer and easier.

I had several Pokémon rom hacks on old hacked one before the battery like blew up during my move.

it also had the sequel to ace attorney investigations because they never releasd absolute peak in the west.

Had the fan translation of the great ace attorney to way before they translated it officially because I never thought they would. Still gotta buy the collection on switch to play the second game though.
Yeah I used a spare 3DS that hasn't been touched in years, solely because my personal one is connectes to my NNID and I'm not trying to have every account banned cause I messed it up

Reactions: Z25

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’ll give them props if it’s revealed Chris is still in prison and this is a lookalike host they hired.

With the real Chris eventually come back to reclaim his show.
that’d be cool
I hope Nintendo, Sony, and the like still have some sort of presentation in June. It was always nice to have those big summer news dumps.

I'll miss seeing the show floors though.
Nintendo likely will run another Direct
Yeah the new Chris voice is throwing me off. I get that Christian Potenza is off doing bigger things now, and I wish him luck, but as someone who grew up with his voice for Chris this is taking me the heck out-
hope it can be adjustable for the ears
Anyways, what are some 3DS games out there (that I would like) I should legally obtain? Not really bothering with the Wii U, I already own like all of the must-haves
every remaining copy of Kid Icarus Uprising
Hope Multiverses can be turned into a normal game. But we'll see.
it’ll likely stay as a F2P, but with more content to grind for

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is hype! Genndy’s newest show will air on Adult Swim, meaning he will have basically no interference from executives and can fully Fulfill his Vision of what seems like a pretty unique show.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Late night thoughts, but y'all know how much I simp for Marina Splatoon right? It kinda hit me, would that make me a furry? Cause techincally I'm simping over an octopus, and last I checked octopi aren't human, so they can fall under the furry label. If so, in my defemse, the cephalopod is hot.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Hold the **** up
On one hand, I'm a little bit worried that this may potentially damage the future of Dolphin if Nintendo takes notice, and also it will bring out the most hostile and annoying Steam Deck users and the most annoying and hostile Nintendo stans.

On the other hand, I do have enough money for a steam deck...

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
On one hand, I'm a little bit worried that this may potentially damage the future of Dolphin if Nintendo takes notice, and also it will bring out the most hostile and annoying Steam Deck users and the most annoying and hostile Nintendo stans.

On the other hand, I do have enough money for a steam deck...
Legally, they can't do anything to Dolphin. Thanks to Sony successfully losing to a commercially sold emulator, emulators under US Law are protected as fair use amd competition. And, fun fact, Nintendo themselves use Dolphin, at least in Chimese markets.

Now if they were to include roms, well...

Also, read the Steam description: notice how they didn't mention Nintendo by name. They're playing it smart.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Late night thoughts, but y'all know how much I simp for Marina Splatoon right? It kinda hit me, would that make me a furry? Cause techincally I'm simping over an octopus, and last I checked octopi aren't human, so they can fall under the furry label. If so, in my defemse, the cephalopod is hot.
You're a fishy

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Legally, they can't do anything to Dolphin. Thanks to Sony successfully losing to a commercially sold emulator, emulators under US Law are protected as fair use amd competition. And, fun fact, Nintendo themselves use Dolphin, at least in Chimese markets.

Now if they were to include roms, well...

Also, read the Steam description: notice how they didn't mention Nintendo by name. They're playing it smart.
Not to mention how Retroarch has been going fine on steam for a while

I dunno, It's not a big worry, it's just a nagging feeling I have because Nintendo is just petty enough, and I also lose faith in the US Legal system a little bit everyday.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
To be honest, I got all three of them even though I only played the original for 20 minutes back when it was a bonus on Club Nintendo. lol

I'd probably prioritize the first, but that's just me. I know Dead Heat Breakers got a physical release in PAL regions and might take too long to download with the traffic.
I ended up buying all three. I've been curious about the franchise for quite some time, so I'm glad I managed to get the whole series before the deadline.

Still saddening that the eShops are closed to begin with, so here's hoping some of the games that were last exclusive to the 3DS or Wii U will make their way to the Switch or another platform in the future.

Reactions: ---

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I did a tally and after about 11 years of having the system, discounting apps like Pokemon Bank or Swapnote, I ended up with about 207 downloaded Retail/eShop only/VC/DSiWare titles. I'm totally going to spend the next several hours just organizing my screen before I start playing anything. :smash:

I ended up buying all three. I've been curious about the franchise for quite some time, so I'm glad I managed to get the whole series before the deadline.

Still saddening that the eShops are closed to begin with, so here's hoping some of the games that were last exclusive to the 3DS or Wii U will make their way to the Switch or another platform in the future.
I was surprised at just how many games series that debuted on the the 3DS/Wii U and had multiple entries that are now all currently unavaliable. I'd bet on stuff like Pushmo, Dillon, and Boxboy to eventually get collections as they should be easy enough to package together, but a lot of other first party titles like Sakura Samurai, Kersploosh, Tokyo Crash Mobs, DSiWare titles, and the many Kirby/Pokemon spin-offs will be ignored like WiiWare.

I really hope that, aside from backwards capability, the Switch successor has a good touch screen like the Wii U did so we can see ports of a lot of these titles. Also having themes to customize the menu.

Do we know if free DLC is still available for despite the shutdown? I know games like Monster Hunter and Culdcept had a lot of free stuff, and I was surprised at just how many free themes there were to download in the Theme Shop that you really had to search for (mostly from SEGA/Atlus). Patches at least can still be downloaded from the store.

The Badge Arcade still technically works, but you only get Practice Pull bonuses now, no free plays, and it no longer rotates badges. Everything in the Theme Shop has been removed except for two generic free themes you can still download.

Thankfully Poke Bank still works and the issues with Poke Transporter have been reportedly fixed.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Both of these thing will probably happen for sure
The moment an annoying steam deck user posts "IM PLAYING WIND WAKER ON MY STEAM DECK" on twitter, which they will, its over because nintendo will pick up on that

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Not to mention how Retroarch has been going fine on steam for a while

I dunno, It's not a big worry, it's just a nagging feeling I have because Nintendo is just petty enough, and I also lose faith in the US Legal system a little bit everyday.
Both of these thing will probably happen for sure

The moment an annoying steam deck user posts "IM PLAYING WIND WAKER ON MY STEAM DECK" on twitter, which they will, its over because nintendo will pick up on that
The US legal system has been pretty consistent for that. Sony Vs. Bleen in the 90s ruled it legal to reverse engineer for emulation purposes. In 2010, Apple attempted to sue people who had software to hack (or jailbroke) their devices. They lost. Both Sony and Nintendo lost a lawsuit that opening up a console voids the warranty. Both modding and emulation are legal under DMCA, as lomg as you don't circumvemt companies anti-piracy code. Though Homebrews and emulation are kinda known for piracy usage, they actually do not do break that, for they are their own seperate code, either reverse engineered or additive, thus legal. Pirating games is where it gets touchy.

Unless you live in Japan, then disregard all that cause it's illegal no matter what.

Top Bottom