• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

• Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Cat Quest 3

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, I suppose the multiverse concept leaves it open - I'm just concerned that Bayonetta Origins is going to go out of its way to double down on the ending of Bayonetta 3 and establish that Bayonetta and Luka are destined to be in a relationship in every single universe. (all I know about the plot is that Bayonetta's trying to save her mother, she summons Cheshire to protect herself since she's only a witch-in-training, and she gets contacted by a mysterious boy with ties to fairies)
Considering Kamiya's been tweeting about the game talking about birth rates I feel your fears are reality

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
With this being the final week the 3DS and Wii U eshops are open for new purchases, it feels… melancholy.
Like I know everything is preserved and all, but it feels like the end of an era.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sonic Frontier's first DLC wave drops this Thursday, it has a photo mode, new collectibles for the Jukebox function, which seems to let you listen to classic tunes instead of just the game's OST, and Challenge Mode, which lets us REMATCH THE GODDAMN TITANS YEAHHHH
20230320_150211.jpg

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh also Bayonetta had a ** ton of queerbaiting from the games themselves, lore outside the games, promotional materials and the SMT mobile crossover of all things going "So are they, y'know..." Before Kamiya got possessed by the spirit of Shinzo Abe to say Bayo needs big manly wolf ** to make babies with for a relationship. That'd be like if Metroid suddenly made Samus an insecure "My baby is dead" character who relies on Big Strong Men to tell her to activate her suit's upgrades or something. Imagine alienating your audience that heavily
I dunno much about Kamiya (and I've never actually played Bayonetta) but it kind of makes me wonder if the only reason Bayo/Jean got teased so much was just a bi/lesbian fetishization thing to make her seem sexier, rather then to actually appeal to sapphics.

Again though I'm completely ignorant on that situation, I just...always had that hunch.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
EVERYONE...your help is needed!

Remember that Cartoon Network bracket game on Instagram? Well, Total Drama is facing off against Courage, and I need your help to make sure Total Drama wins!

(or don't help, I'm honestly fine. I just REALLY want Total Drama to win.)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I dunno much about Kamiya (and I've never actually played Bayonetta) but it kind of makes me wonder if the only reason Bayo/Jean got teased so much was just a bi/lesbian fetishization thing to make her seem sexier, rather then to actually appeal to sapphics.

Again though I'm completely ignorant on that situation, I just...always had that hunch.
I wouldn't have doubts given that Bayo was made by straight dudes who wanted as much sex appeal in their game as possible, so it probably was for straight dudes who love fan service and sex appeal.

Instead Kamiya got the LGBT playing his games.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
EVERYONE...your help is needed!

Remember that Cartoon Network bracket game on Instagram? Well, Total Drama is facing off against Courage, and I need your help to make sure Total Drama wins!

(or don't help, I'm honestly fine. I just REALLY want Total Drama to win.)
Against Courage? I'm sorry, but I just can't do that.

Also
Screenshot_20230320_104555_Instagram.jpg

Animation nerds got awful taste confirmed

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The issue with Bayo 3 is that now people are meant to just accept Jeane and Bayo are just friends with Bayo's true love interest being Luka who is also suddenly a werewolf fairy king or some **** out of nowhere. Also the game tries to pull a Devil May Cry V with it's ending while forgetting that DMCV did not literally kill off a majority of the cast but also had the character who replaces the protagonist debut in a different game, giving Nero more time to get fleshed out and fans to warm up on him unlike Viola who a lot of people find underdeveloped and find her role as the new Bayonetta undeserved
Also like Devil May Cry 6 isn’t going to bring back Dante and Bayonetta 4 isn’t going to bring back Cereza.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, I suppose the multiverse concept leaves it open - I'm just concerned that Bayonetta Origins is going to go out of its way to double down on the ending of Bayonetta 3 and establish that Bayonetta and Luka are destined to be in a relationship in every single universe. (all I know about the plot is that Bayonetta's trying to save her mother, she summons Cheshire to protect herself since she's only a witch-in-training, and she gets contacted by a mysterious boy with ties to fairies)
I think the game will at the least be canon to 1 and 3 due to those 2 being heavily connected to one another via Cheshire (both the character and the nickname given to Luka), doubling down on those Bayos being straight. Bayo 2 on the other hand could casually slide into the more “Jeanne is my wife and your aunt” type of thing since the most that game does is reinforces the events of 1 for other timelines that don’t affect her
Also like Devil May Cry 6 isn’t going to bring back Dante and Bayonetta 4 isn’t going to bring back Cereza.
inb4 it does out of the blue

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Had a few rough weeks but I'm finally starting to feel better. It's a relief.

Nothing urgent, just personal issues in my life.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think the game will at the least be canon to 1 and 3 due to those 2 being heavily connected to one another via Cheshire (both the character and the nickname given to Luka), doubling down on those Bayos being straight. Bayo 2 on the other hand could casually slide into the more “Jeanne is my wife and your aunt” type of thing since the most that game does is reinforces the events of 1 for other timelines that don’t affect her

inb4 it does out of the blue
They’re going to bring both characters back. I guarantee it. They’re the whole reason some people play.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
More mirrorverse bangers

Also
View attachment 369610
Alright who the **** let clarence beat Craig of the Creek, I want names.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord

Also
View attachment 369610
To be fair Regular Show vs TAWOG was a cruel match-up to begin with

I mostly want Total Drama to win cuz that was my childhood and it also felt really influential. When CN was in its dark period back in the CN Real days, Total Drama was truly a sign of things to come. With its adult humor, three-dimensional characters and original premise, TD felt like the true beginning of the revival period in my opinion

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
To be fair Regular Show vs TAWOG was a cruel match-up to begin with

I mostly want Total Drama to win cuz that was my childhood and it also felt really influential. When CN was in its dark period back in the CN Real days, Total Drama was truly a sign of things to come. With its adult humor, three-dimensional characters and original premise, TD felt like the true beginning of the revival period in my opinion
Oh I understand, but...

I just can't let my boy Courage down.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m watching attack on Titan for the first right now with no spoilers, and just finished season 1.

Wasn’t to bad, the last two arcs were good.

I also was stupid enough to guess the female Titan and not guess it at the same time lol.

I recognized the fighting style but genuinely thought they were just using animations they were already use to doing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
was one of the MCU’s main architects (and could apparently ruin the lives of those who she didn’t like…also caused the VFX people to have issues with Marvel, including one of the VFX teams vowing to never work with them again)
98D71F09-D3F6-49D1-9AA4-27404378AC3D.jpeg

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I’m watching attack on Titan for the first right now with no spoilers, and just finished season 1.

Wasn’t to bad, the last two arcs were good.

I also was stupid enough to guess the female Titan and not guess it at the same time lol.

I recognized the fighting style but genuinely thought they were just using animations they were already use to doing.
Goated series, it only gets crazier from there.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
was one of the MCU’s main architects (and could apparently ruin the lives of those who she didn’t like…also caused the VFX people to have issues with Marvel, including one of the VFX teams vowing to never work with them again)
View attachment 369626
The VFX team

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I expect more Persona 5 down the line

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Haha ooh ok thats cool
629qla.jpg

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
March Smashness: Finale!

Alright, I would like to thank you all for voting as usual, befire I reveal the national Smashion, I would like to return to the rankings.

Disqualified:
Ice Climbers
ROB
G&W
Duck Hunt

First round exits:
Earthbound (eliminated by Minecraft)
Final Fantasy (e. Pokemon)
Bayonetta (e. Street Fighter)
Tekken (e. Mario)
Pac-Man (e. Draqon Quest)
Splatoon (e. Castlevania)
Star Fox (e. Punch Out)
Pikmin (e. Metroid)
Kid Icarus (e. Zelda)
Banjo-Kazooie (e. Animal Crossing)
Persona (e. Kingdom Hearts)
Metal Gear (e. Sonic)
Arms (e. Wii Series)
Xenoblade (e. Mega Man)
Fatal Fury (e. Fire Emblem)
F-Zero (e. Kirby)
Minecraft (e. Pokemon)
Street Fighter (e. Mario Universe)
Dragon Quest (e. Castlevania)
Punch Out (e. Metroid)
Animal Crossing (e. Zelda)
Kingdom Hearts (e. Sonic)
Wii Series (e. Mega Man)
Fire Emblem (e. Kirby)
Pokemon (e. Mario Universe)
Castlevania (e. Metroid)
Zelda (e. Sonic)
Mega Man (e. Kirby)
Metroid (e. Mario)
Kirby (e. Sonic)

And alas, the grand finale, the final winner. With 22 votes counted, the winner is...
THE MARIO UNIVERSE. Mario wins 14-8.

1. Fighting games aren't very popular on the boards. Fatal Fury and Tekken both lost round 1. Street Fighter got destroyed round 2. RIP.
  2. Non-platformer Third Parties in general faired bad. Majority got eliminated round one, and most adances were vs other third parties.
  3. RPGs may have faired the worst of them all. Despite Smash being filled with them, Pokemon was the only one that made it past round two, and all lost to a primarly platformer franchise.
  4. Smashboards hates more darker/mature franchises. Metroid and Castlevania were the only franchise for mature audiences (say rated T and up) that made it past round two, vast majority got eliminated round one.
  5. I heavily disagree with some of the choices y'all made, but I can't rig the vote.
  6. Smashboards's favorite food is white bread.

This was actually pretty fun, thanks for participating everyone!

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
March Smashness: Finale!

Alright, I would like to thank you all for voting as usual, befire I reveal the national Smashion, I would like to return to the rankings.

Disqualified:
Ice Climbers
ROB
G&W
Duck Hunt

First round exits:
Earthbound (eliminated by Minecraft)
Final Fantasy (e. Pokemon)
Bayonetta (e. Street Fighter)
Tekken (e. Mario)
Pac-Man (e. Draqon Quest)
Splatoon (e. Castlevania)
Star Fox (e. Punch Out)
Pikmin (e. Metroid)
Kid Icarus (e. Zelda)
Banjo-Kazooie (e. Animal Crossing)
Persona (e. Kingdom Hearts)
Metal Gear (e. Sonic)
Arms (e. Wii Series)
Xenoblade (e. Mega Man)
Fatal Fury (e. Fire Emblem)
F-Zero (e. Kirby)
Minecraft (e. Pokemon)
Street Fighter (e. Mario Universe)
Dragon Quest (e. Castlevania)
Punch Out (e. Metroid)
Animal Crossing (e. Zelda)
Kingdom Hearts (e. Sonic)
Wii Series (e. Mega Man)
Fire Emblem (e. Kirby)
Pokemon (e. Mario Universe)
Castlevania (e. Metroid)
Zelda (e. Sonic)
Mega Man (e. Kirby)
Metroid (e. Mario)
Kirby (e. Sonic)

And alas, the grand finale, the final winner. With 22 votes counted, the winner is...
THE MARIO UNIVERSE. Mario wins 14-8.

1. Fighting games aren't very popular on the boards. Fatal Fury and Tekken both lost round 1. Street Fighter got destroyed round 2. RIP.
  2. Non-platformer Third Parties in general faired bad. Majority got eliminated round one, and most adances were vs other third parties.
  3. RPGs may have faired the worst of them all. Despite Smash being filled with them, Pokemon was the only one that made it past round two, and all lost to a primarly platformer franchise.
  4. Smashboards hates more darker/mature franchises. Metroid and Castlevania were the only franchise for mature audiences (say rated T and up) that made it past round two, vast majority got eliminated round one.
  5. I heavily disagree with some of the choices y'all made, but I can't rig the vote.
  6. Smashboards's favorite food is white bread.

This was actually pretty fun, thanks for participating everyone!
Was everyone high on the Super Mario Bros Movie hype when they voted?

Top Bottom