• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

• Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Cat Quest 3

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So what movies have y'all seen so far this year? I've seen two.

Cocaine Bear and 65.

Next movie is Shazam! Fury of the Gods!.
From what I can remember I've only seen Cocaine Bear. Might go see a movie this month since there's plenty of options, and I plan on at least watching Mario, Guardians, and Spider-Verse in the coming months

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
From what I can remember I've only seen Cocaine Bear. Might go see a movie this month since there's plenty of options, and I plan on at least watching Mario, Guardians, and Spider-Verse in the coming months
What you thought of Cocaine Bear if I may ask out of curiousity?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So if that’s the next splatfest,

Does this mean-those creatures may have or still do exist in the Splatoon world?
Very interesting lore potential if true.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I thought it was really fun and the human characters were surprisingly not terrible, they had some good jokes and those that I didn't like got brutally murdered in a pretty spectacular fashion
Glad you enjoyed it.

Admit they could've focused more on the bear but the more I thought about it, I saw it more about the characters meeting up eventually encountering the bear and to me it focused on both the search for the drugs and the bear equally.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Happy birthday in advance!

As for me, I'm hyped for April because of...well let's say reasons
I'm gonna have to give this show and The Owl House a watch down the road. Currently busy though with HunterxHunter and plan to watch Evangelion Neon Genesis next followed by Record of Ragnarok and eventually season 2 of Vinland Saga (All episodes should be out by then). Thinking about giving Demon Slayer a shot as well.

Also thanks.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Comprehsive thoughts on Superstar Saga after beating it for the first time:
To start, this game is charming from the start, it opens up with a great sense of humor, especially with some good visual humor. Despite being on the GBA, characters are super expressive and are animated superbly. The graphics really complement it, bright and colorful with a decent soundtrack to boot. Some tracks do get a little grating, but most are catchy (especially the battle themes).

As for the gameplay, as someone who started with Bowser's Inside Story, this game somewhat threw me for a loop. The battle system is somewhat different, there's no rating system for regular attacks, it's you either got or you don't. Was a little weird but I got used to it. Bros Attacks work pretty much the same way as they do in later games, and this one does have a rating system so it was up my alley. Regardless, the battle system is still fun, and there have been times where I thought outside the box with certain bosses and enemies for best strategies.
As for the overworld... well kind of a mixed bag. Exploration is fine, some good dungeons here and there, but my issue is mainly the amount of cycling through the actions you have to so. It's not awful, but having to manually go through each action just to get the right one got annoying fast. Again, a BIS kid, the actions were preset and were easy to cycle through with just one button. This especially got bad during the later dungeons where cycling through all 8 actions over and over was becoming common. Not a dealbreaker, but it does get a little stale.

Also, it's super easy to break the game at the end, like I was two shotting bosses and stuff it was getting ridiculous. It was kinda funny but yeah balance goes out the window with proper setup.
Now while none of this is required... if you want the best for the Bros, it gets grindy. Bros Attacks have a cool advanced feature which completely changes the properties of some attacks while others are just a extra boost of damage, but if you want them, you have to grind bros attacks and many of them require perfect usage up to 20+ times. I mean I got the timing down for most of then but sheesh is it not fun doing it over and over. In addition, this game has a bean system, collect beans, take it to cafe, and get unique items and coffe. Getting most of the beans isn't an issue, but thev yellow (Hee?) beans require grinding minigames and I'm ngl, they are slow and boring to do. One even features Geno, which given this is Smashboards, I'm including that as a negative. Again, totally optional, but if you want the best, prepare for the grind.
Great game, aged well, a must play if you enjoy RPGs in general but the overworld can get a bit tedious and grinding can get pretty bad
Somehow, this is the only game you can lead as Luigi in the overworld (not including scripted segments in later games) and I wish later games kept that. I know why they kept Mario the lead (see the overworld issue), but it's a Mario AND Luigi game, let me lead as Luigi. I think the remake did a nice compromise where Mario leads by default, but Luigi can lead if certain actions are chosen.

Speaking of, can they bring back Luigi's thunder powers?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Recently finished the main campaign of Sonic Frontiers. It’s a lot of fun, not perfect but I’ve been greatly enjoying it. Though I think I may need to rewrite some of my Clash story mode
Glad to hear, Wademan! I have actually enjoyed it quite a lot myself!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hello everyone, I appreciate y'all participating in the poll, I had almost 20 responses (which given that non major threads on this site die fast af, is something nice to see). Well, round one is done, so lets show the new bracket:
MarchSmashness(Round2).jpg

And now for some stats (19 votes overall):
Biggest Blowouts:
Bayonetta vs. SF, Kirby vs. F-Zero, and Fire Emblem vs Fatal Fury all had a whopping... 3 votes for the losing team each

Biggest upset (IMO): Castlevania beat Splatoon, not what I expected for sure, and I'm not gonna lie, and early on, Castlevania destroyed Splatoon. Splatoon got a bit of late votes, but it lost 11-8.

Closest Race (IMO): Final Fantasy vs Pokemon. You would think it was a blowout, right? Wrong, FF was actually leading Pokemon by a significant margin early on, but as more votes came it, Pokemon fought back. It was 50/50, a true power struggle for a while, but at the end, Pokemon won by... 1 vote. Now if it were 50/50, I would be the tiedbreaker, and lets just say... the rat would have lost.

Another close one: StarFox vs Punch Out. Punch Out was destroying it early on, like damn near 100-0. But Star Fox fought back and... lost by one. A reverse story of the closest one.

Now for round two!

Voting closes at 6:00 US Central tomorrow

Minecraft (73.7) v Eathbound (26.3)
Final Fantasy (47.4) v Pokemon (52.6)
Street Fighter (84.2)
v Bayonetta (15.8)
Tekken (36.8) vs Mario Universe (63.2)
Dragon Quest (57.9)
v Pac-Man (42.1)
Splatoon (42.1) vs Castlevania (57.9)
Punch Out (52.6)
v Star Fox (47.4)
Metroid (63.2) v Pikmin (36.8)
Zelda (73.7) v Kid Icarus (26.3)
Banjo (36.8) v Animal Crossing (63.2)
Kingdom Hearts (63.2)
v Persona (36.8)
Metal Gear (26.3) v Sonic (73.7)
Arms (36.2) v Wii Series (63.8)
Xenoblade (36.8) v Mega Man (63.2)
Fire Emblem (84.2)
v Fatal Fury (15.8)
Kirby (84.2) v F-Zero (15.8)

Someone post in the other thread, I don't wanna be caught triple posting

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Drawing toon snakes is super fun dude
The problem is it's not technically a snake. It's one of those Skinks that looks like a snake with legs. And I'm using that to make a boxing snake because in my boxing class the exhale noises we all are told to make sound like snake hissing. But it's hard to balance it making it look like a snake, still look like a skink, and have it's limbs be long enough that it can still be a boxer. Cause like... I can't really functionally give her a torso or anything... It's a conundrum. But one I want to solve myself instead of farming it out to a designer.
Have you seen DreamWorks The Bad Guys?
I'll look into it. Missed the theatrical run.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The problem is it's not technically a snake. It's one of those Skinks that looks like a snake with legs. And I'm using that to make a boxing snake because in my boxing class the exhale noises we all are told to make sound like snake hissing. But it's hard to balance it making it look like a snake, still look like a skink, and have it's limbs be long enough that it can still be a boxer. Cause like... I can't really functionally give her a torso or anything... It's a conundrum. But one I want to solve myself instead of farming it out to a designer.

I'll look into it. Missed the theatrical run.
I mean, you could just employ the classic cartoon principle of squash and stretch. Maybe she’s got dangly little arms, but she still manages to stretch them out to deliver wicked punches. The visual could be pretty funny.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If we can't get a true Mario and Sonic game people actually want, can the next Olympics game at least have a lengthy mode of some kind with little to no sports content (even a half-baked one)?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So what movies have y'all seen so far this year? I've seen two.

Cocaine Bear and 65.

Next movie is Shazam! Fury of the Gods!.
In terms of new releases, it's just been Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania so far. I want to see Creed 3, and I'm hoping to see Shazam 2 and John Wick 4 in the next week or two, but I haven't really been able to find the time. (I work most afternoons and evenings, so my options are limited as far as going to the theater is concerned)

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I dunno man, IT is great but Scooby-Doo has literal decades of amazing content

Let Scooby cook
SAVE ALAN DRACULA!!!
Recently finished the main campaign of Sonic Frontiers. It’s a lot of fun, not perfect but I’ve been greatly enjoying it. Though I think I may need to rewrite some of my Clash story mode
Congrats! Frontiers was the best Sonic game I have played since Unleashed. Did you beat it on Hard Mode?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Seriously. Tell me these characters wouldn't be awesome in Street Fighter 6. Or ANY Street Fighter.
  • Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters)
  • Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)
  • Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII)
  • Queen/Makoto Nijima (Persona 5)
  • Kamen Rider-1/Takeshi Hongo (Kamen Rider)
  • Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Seriously. These are cool ideas. It's not like I suggested WordGirl, Princess Peach, Iron Man, Red Guy, Chuck Norris and Harambe. Those redditors were just being mean.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Seriously. Tell me these characters wouldn't be awesome in Street Fighter 6. Or ANY Street Fighter.
  • Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Seriously. These are cool ideas. It's not like I suggested WordGirl, Princess Peach, Iron Man, Red Guy, Chuck Norris and Harambe. Those redditors were just being mean.
You need to let the redditors go.

They're redditors. They aren't worth the mental energy.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
I imagine the gameplay of GODZILLA Vs. Capcom being a 2.5D fighter from the monster view and a Semi-Sandbox 3D Arena fighter for the Capcom characters. 4v4 Tag Team

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
  • Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Dawg, you're letting random ass Redditors get your mentality messed up again. They don't know you, you don't know them, so it's not worth getting worked up over. If it's that bad, log off Reddit.

Or actually just log off Reddit in general, yeah that's good life advice

Top Bottom