• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

• Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Since it's my birthday, I'm gonna share what I came up with for if I was in charge of a DC Cinematic Universe. I don't have full ideas for every single films synopsis, but I have a lot of ideas written down and I'm tired of writing movie pitch plots for different superheroes.
Unplanned Sequels May Spring Up as needed.

Phase 1
  • Superman
    • A well established Superman must work with his long-time rival Lex Luthor to journey into space and rescue the city of Metropolis after it is stolen by the villainous Brainiac. And they only have a limited time to do it before Brainiac’s drones finish cataloguing all of the Earth’s information and destroy the planet.
  • Batman and Robin
    • Bruce Wayne adopts the recently orphaned **** Grayson, and both discover each other’s origin stories and come together as Batman and Robin to take on Mr. Freeze.
  • Wonder Woman
    • Wonder Woman in the modern era must reconcile with her past as a hero of World War II and return to Themyscira after decades of exile Circe begins twisting mans world to her liking.
  • The Flash
    • A cinematic adaptation of Barry Allen’s origin and his fight against the Reverse-Flash as he establishes himself in Central City and takes on the mantel of the World War II hero to combat the rising Metahuman criminal activity in his city and find the man who murdered his mother.
  • Green Lantern Corps
    • Hal Jordan and John Stewart are inducted into a special squad of Lanterns by the Guardians of the Universe to travel to the home planet of fellow Green Lantern Sinestro and depose him after he uses his powers to take over the planet.
  • Aquaman
  • Martian Manhunter
    • Based on Steve Orlando’s run of the character from 2018, J’onn J’onzz is the last survivor of a Martian genocide and finds himself on Earth living the life of human John Jones thanks to his shapeshifting powers. Working as a police detective in Middleton, Colorado with his partner Diane Mede, J’onn must use his powers to rescue a girl named Ashley Adams from the mysterious Vulture gang and solve the murder of her parents, while discovering things about himself along the way.
  • Justice League: The Brave and the Bold
    • A film telling the origin story of the formation of the Justice League, based on the original origin in the comic series “The Brave and the Bold” featuring the Justice League teaming up to face off against the alien villain Starro. Snapper Carr is featured, as are the original seven founding members of the League. Unlike the original story, Amanda Waller and ARGUS have a background presence as secondary antagonists.
  • Doom Patrol
    • A group of people who should have been killed by their freak accidents are gathered together and given a second chance thanks to the super-science of Niles Caulder, AKA The Chief. Now a group of misfits and freaks, Elasti-Girl, Robotman, Negative Man, Mento, and Beast Boy must find common ground and journey back out into the world that shunned them to stop an immortal Nazi soldier from gaining the power of a downed alien spacecraft.
  • Shazam
    • In a retelling of Billy Batson’s origin (hopefully actually using the Captain Marvel name because DC DOES actually still use it sometimes in publications, just not in the titles of the comics or movies) he is given his powers by the Wizard Shazam after taking a mysterious subway car in Fawcett City to defeat Black Adam when he returns from his exile. Eventually learning the power of found family and defeating the evil wizard by teaming up with his foster brothers and sisters and sharing his powers with them.
  • Static Shock
    • An origin story of Static taking elements from the original Milestone run, DCAU cartoon series, and Earth-M relaunch. Static rises as a community driven hero in Dakota City after the Big Bang, using the original version from the comics and TV Show featuring gang warfare and police violence. BLM is something Vergil only gets involved in AFTER he becomes a hero and learns to be more altruistic, a theme of the original stories. The main villain is his arch enemy from the cartoon, Ebon.
  • Zatanna
    • In our first real dive into DC’s mystic side, Zatanna sees the titular hero in her debut solo film caring for her aging father Zatara and dealing with untrained magic users wreaking havoc with spells and artifacts improperly obtained and used. Leading her to discovering things about her own heritage and her own powers she never knew before.
Phase 2
  • Superman 2
    • Another survivor from Krypton! Superman’s long lost cousin Kara Zor-El arrives on Earth after an unexpected delay and takes up the mantel of Supergirl. Unfortunately, a bounty has been placed on the head of both Kryptonians and is being pursued by the Czarnian Lobo. The man who can not be killed and with a knack for over-the-top violence.
  • Batman and Robin 2:
  • Flash 2: Gorilla City
  • Suicide Squad
  • Static 2
  • Nightwing
  • Hawkman
  • Blue and Gold
    • A custodian from a museum in the distant future and massive looser steals a time travel device, super hero costume, and robotic companion and comes to the past, deciding to use his knowledge of future events to become the fabulously wealthy and ultra-famous hero Booster Gold! Apon arrival however, he ends up in the laboratory of established hero Ted Kord, a.k.a. The Blue Beetle, and he decides to worm his way into Kord’s latest case. Can this unlikely duo save the day from the chaotic Madniks and unlock the mysteries of the mysterious scarab in Ted’s care?
  • New Gods
  • WildC.A.T.S.
  • Swamp Thing
  • Icon and Rocket
  • The Atom
  • Justice League 2
Phase 3
  • Wonder Woman 2
  • Aquaman 2
  • Martian Manhunter 2
    • J’onn journeys to Mars with Diane and Ashley to reconnect with his heritage, only to discover a world unlike what he thought he would find. Instead of a dead and empty world of ruins, he finds a world ruled by the once oppressed White Martians with the few remaining greens kept in prisoned. J’onn and co. are put on trial and must answer for the crimes of his past in exchange for their freedom.
  • Justice League 3: Tower of Babel
    • Batman is known for being prepared for anything. This includes having contingency plans intended for taking out his allies in the Justice League if they should ever turn rogue. Unfortunately, those plans have been stolen by the villainous Ra’s Al Ghul and dolled out to some of the League’s greatest enemies! Can the League outwit traps straight from the mind of the caped crusader and stop the dreaded Legion of Doom! Also featuring the death of Jason Todd.
  • Justice Society of America
    • The Justice League with a wartime twist. Set during World War II, a group of superheroes of that time are deployed overseas to assist soldiers and increase morale. But when dissatisfied with their use and word of a secret Nazi project leaks, the heroes break rank and band together to form the Justice Society of America! Featuring Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson), The Flash (Jay Garrick), Green Lantern (Alan Scott), Hourman (Rex Tyler), The Sandman (Wesley Dodds), The Spectre (Jim Corrigan), Dr. Mid-Nite (Charles McNider), Wildcat (Ted Grant) and Black Canary (Dinah Drake) with special guest appearance by Wonder Woman!
  • Shazam 2: World of Magic
    • Based on the “Shazam and the Magic Lands” story line by Geoff Johns, Billy and family are exploring the Rock of Eternity and discover a gateway into the six Magiclands, worlds of fantasy and chaos the likes they have never seen before. His friends scattered and their family on the cusp of being torn apart, Billy must travel through the Magiclands and reunite the Marvel family before the door to the Monsterlands is opened by the duo of Dr. Sivanah and Mr. Mind.
  • Hardware
  • Green Lantern 2: Blackest Night
    • It’s an intergalactic zombie apocalypse as the villainous Black Hand harnesses the power of the entity of death, Nekron, to raise an army of the dead to conquer the universe. It’s a whose who of familiar faces and fallen friends in this galactic showdown of life vs. death.
  • Suicide Squad 2
  • Doom Patrol 2
  • Batman and Robin: Under the Red Hood
    • It’s all-out war in Gotham City between The Joker and The Riddler, with seemingly every criminal in town taking sides on this massive turf war. But someone has been taking out criminals on both sides, permanently. The mysterious Red Hood. He is determined to do the job that Batman wont, and Batman, stripped of all support besides Alfred and Nightwing, must stop him and the turf war plaguing the city.
  • Etrigan
  • Green Arrow
  • Teen Titans
Phase 4
  • Superman 3
    • Superman becomes the target of Mr. Mxyzptlk, a 5th Dimensional imp with nigh omnipotent powers, with no desires other than to screw with the Man of Steel. His brain is put to the test as he figures out a way to outsmart the imp’s tricks and banish him to his home dimension before all of reality is nothing more than his twisted playground!
  • Batman and Robin: Enter the Outsiders
    • Isolated from the Justice League after the events of Tower of Babel, and without a Robin companion after the events of Under the Red Hood, Bruce is more lost and alone than ever. It’s up to a new Robin named Tim Drake, the salacious Catwoman, and a group of new unlikely heroes (Black Lightning, Katana, Metamorpho, Geo-Force, and Halo) shunned from society to help Batman after he get’s involved in a globe spanning conspiracy involving evil billionaires (Simon Stagg), drug kingpins (Tobias Whale), foreign dictators (Baron Bedlam), and a costumed immortal named Lord Death Man.
  • Wonder Woman 3
  • Plastic Man and the Freedom Fighters
    • Con-man and gangster Eel O’Brian thinks he’s hit the jackpot when an accident on the job grants him a super-powered elastic body. But when one of his new super powered heists on a science lab sends him into an alternate dimension ruled by Nazi versions of famous superheroes, Plastic Man must discover his heroic side and learn to fight for freedom alongside the rag-tag resistance known as The Freedom Fighters.
  • Flash 3: Rogue War
  • Green Arrow and Black Canary
  • Sword of The Atom
    • Ray Palmer crash lands in a remote part of the Amazon Rainforest and discovers the Katarthans, a race of small aliens stranded on the earth for generations. Will The Atom leave his home behind to defend this miniature world forever?
  • Constantine
  • Teen Titans 2: The Judas Contract
  • Dial H for Hero
  • Shadow Cabinet
    • The heroes of Dakota unite as gang tensions rise to an all-time high. It’s Static, Icon, Rocket, Hardware, and the undercover good guy Harm against the villainous but righteous Blood Syndicate.
  • Legion of Doom: Forever Evil
    • It’s up to Lex Luthor and the villains of the earth to play hero after the Justice League is replaced by their villainous doppelgangers in the Crime Syndicate from the alternate dimension Earth-3.
  • Deadman
  • Firestorm
  • Justice League DARK
  • Justice League 4: Crisis on Infinite Earths
Do people have opinions on this besides liking it?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Honestly, I've been loving the amount of variety they've been giving to Pokemon in recent Gens. All the new ones may be getting a ton of random alternate forms, but at the same time, older mons are getting all these cool new alternate forms as well. It's really nice to see.
It's crazy how they took one of the worst gen 1 Pokémon and gave it one of the best cross-gen evolutions of all time, I love Annihilape so much

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I saw an Altaria one that's a rabbit. Don't have it on me right now but it was so good and I don't even like Altaria
I did see this one yesterday but can’t find it now.I thought swabu looked to similar, but altaria had neat little changes like a more rabbit like face which was cool.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
literally the very first things I thought of when seeing Mr. Morooka for the first time
97A8E483-F10D-4C6C-A457-94989D638A65.png 3F3A3013-DAD3-4E09-88CB-D5C511BF3CB1.jpeg

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
A few weeks ago, I participated in a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online tournament hosted by Nintendo of Australia. I got randomly selected to win this tote bag:
mario kart tote bag small.jpg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah Persona 3 portable was not a good port.
I still mostly had fun with the game, but man the grind and the limitations do hold it back a bit

but a major benefit is not having “The Answer” to go through gameplay wise

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Left 4 Dead 2 is still fun, but I can't help wonder if Back 4 Blood's improved at all in the time and updates since it's release. Maybe I should still consider buyi-

-The devs just announced that the game isn't getting any new updates

...So much for that.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
The sequel is pretty fun yeah, more mindscrewy though but there's an unlockable thingy at the very end that makes me want tp cry tears of joy. It isn't story related so don't worry about spoilers
Okay, I'll get it later this year! I just need get through some of my backlog, particularly Splatoon 3 and Assassin's Creed 2.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Just a shower thought, but chainsaws may genuinelly be the least scary "murder weapon". They're unwieldy, somewhat heavy, loud as hell, take a while to operate, and it is completely useless if it runs of fuel. It's arguably more dangerous for the user than any victim, and considering all that, you can just outrun the murderer, no way they can go full speed lugging that around.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just a shower thought, but chainsaws may genuinelly be the least scary "murder weapon". They're unwieldy, somewhat heavy, loud as hell, take a while to operate, and it is completely useless if it runs of fuel. It's arguably more dangerous for the user than any victim, and considering all that, you can just outrun the murderer, no way they can go full speed lugging that around.
True, but if they wanted to or had the arm strength, they could swing it to cut you open if they want

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Persona 3 and 4: randomly and slowly say Persona while holding a gun or a card

Persona 5: rip a mask off of your bloody skin to become badass just to ki blast blow up anime style

Shroob

Sup?
Counterpoint

They're incredibly slow and painful things to be killed by. Horror movies and stuff like anime embellish how fast Chainsaws cut through humans.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The chainsaw always comes with luck +100 though, making it impossible for the victim to not randomly fall while running away, allowing the chainsaw to catch up to them.
Holy **** this post showed up in my Twitter feed and I was floored.

Strong Badam Strong Badam how does it feel to be the only Smashboards user to amount to anything
I saw this to, but didn’t realize that was strong badman, I didn’t read the account name. Thought it was pretty cool though.

Top Bottom