• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

KillerCage

Smash Master
Here's an interesting question I found
For me, I despise every Ratchet and Clank game on the PS3 onwards with every fiber of my being. But that's for every reason EXCEPT the gameplay. The gameplay itself is still great.
I DESPISE Metroid Other M, but the fight with Phantoon was easily the best 3D final boss in the franchise. It would have been the overall best if Raven Beak didn't exist.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Decided to beat the story of Kingdom Hearts and save the optional bosses for another day. Overall, a pretty fun game and really well made for a PS2 game. My biggest complaint was the camera - It didn't control well and got pretty wonky at times.

Time for the next game :ultsora:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just a reminder that I made this poll for people to vote on their favorite Sonic levels. The link is also in my signature but I really want to get a good data set going and that means lots of voting! And that means reminding people of it specifically.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Decided to beat the story of Kingdom Hearts and save the optional bosses for another day. Overall, a pretty fun game and really well made for a PS2 game. My biggest complaint was the camera - It didn't control well and got pretty wonky at times.

Time for the next game :ultsora:
It's time to duel.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sora changing his voice in Chain of Memories was a curveball.

I knew it was going to happen eventually but I just didn't know when.
Have fun going into KHII where Sora will sound younger again.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sora changing his voice in Chain of Memories was a curveball.

I knew it was going to happen eventually but I just didn't know when.
it was either that or port the GBA version of the game instead

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
What on Earth is this trend?

And why do all of these videos seem like they're one step away from being in the analogue horror category?
I'll do you one better: WHY on Earth is this trend? :p

I haven't checked out any yet because they seem like things I wouldn't enjoy much at all.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To those who played Sonic Frontiers, what do you guys think of this?

Expected to be honest. Although traversing those large areas without the boost is just going to become even more tedious because you're going to have a lower top speed.

But yeah, we're not in the boost era anymore so as much as I hate to see it go, it makes sense they'd ditch the mechanic.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know if Fosters home for imaginary friends came out nowadays the reveal of who Wilts creator is would be some series long vague mystery where they leave hints about it here and there and it gives online theorists things to chew on.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking on the topic of new Pokémon evolutions, I really hope the DLC gives us some more cross Gen evolutions. Give us like 6 more, so we can get to a nice even number if 10 new ones. They can all be from Pokémon not in the game currently to, or they could just say “this Pokémon can’t evolve in mainland Paldea because the environment or item it needs isn’t there. So they migrate here to evolve” or something like that.

If you had to choose 6 Pokémon to cross Gen evolve, who are you putting in the DLC? Consider any generation except maybe 8 fair game.

My picks:
1)Keckleon, a Pokémon with a great personality in the main and spin-off games. Seeing it evolve a be a boss in a new mystery dungeon( even more then before) would be amazing.

2) Male Combee evolution. How a knight concept has not been used for a bug/fighting or steel fighting evolution here is insane. Such great design concepts sitting there waiting to be used.

3) Noctowl. Unless a regional form this would probably never happen, but it deserves it. Taking inspiration from giant and wise owls from games is a fun idea that I think Gamefreak could execute perfectly,

4)Sigilyph: after Bisharp, any Pokémon could theoretically be fair game for an evolution,as long as it’s not a 2 stage Pokémon. Pulling from Gen 5, this would be a wild pick. As for an idea, one of the oldest creepy pastas I can remember was on the king of Unowns. What if that was the idea here. Sigilyph because ghost psychic, and a diety that leads and watches over the unowns. Probably would never happen, but the similarities they share lead to really unique ideas.

5) Gogoat, one of my all time favorite Pokémon. One that could fit the idea that if the environment being different in the DLC for it to evolve. Perhaps the harsher mountains we will explore have harbored the strongest of Gogoat,giving it a new evolution that’s rock grass. Now with rock polish, rock head, head smash, you don’t want to get caught by its horns. This also buffs Greta’s team up a lot if we get to rematch her.

6) Jynx. I was going to put a Gen 7 Pokémon here, and while I think both monkeys could get evolutions, I don’t see it happening for either one of them. So here’s my pick. Jynx has been long overlooked despite other Pokémon linked with it getting things, mostly new evolutions. So finally giving it one would be nice to see. Perhaps fairy ice or still psychic ice. Both work with its original design.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Speaking on the topic of new Pokémon evolutions, I really hope the DLC gives us some more cross Gen evolutions. Give us like 6 more, so we can get to a nice even number if 10 new ones. They can all be from Pokémon not in the game currently to, or they could just say “this Pokémon can’t evolve in mainland Paldea because the environment or item it needs isn’t there. So they migrate here to evolve” or something like that.

If you had to choose 6 Pokémon to cross Gen evolve, who are you putting in the DLC? Consider any generation except maybe 8 fair game.

My picks:
1)Keckleon, a Pokémon with a great personality in the main and spin-off games. Seeing it evolve a be a boss in a new mystery dungeon( even more then before) would be amazing.

2) Male Combee evolution. How a knight concept has not been used for a bug/fighting or steel fighting evolution here is insane. Such great design concepts sitting there waiting to be used.

3) Noctowl. Unless a regional form this would probably never happen, but it deserves it. Taking inspiration from giant and wise owls from games is a fun idea that I think Gamefreak could execute perfectly,

4)Sigilyph: after Bisharp, any Pokémon could theoretically be fair game for an evolution,as long as it’s not a 2 stage Pokémon. Pulling from Gen 5, this would be a wild pick. As for an idea, one of the oldest creepy pastas I can remember was on the king of Unowns. What if that was the idea here. Sigilyph because ghost psychic, and a diety that leads and watches over the unowns. Probably would never happen, but the similarities they share lead to really unique ideas.

5) Gogoat, one of my all time favorite Pokémon. One that could fit the idea that if the environment being different in the DLC for it to evolve. Perhaps the harsher mountains we will explore have harbored the strongest of Gogoat,giving it a new evolution that’s rock grass. Now with rock polish, rock head, head smash, you don’t want to get caught by its horns. This also buffs Greta’s team up a lot if we get to rematch her.

6) Jynx. I was going to put a Gen 7 Pokémon here, and while I think both monkeys could get evolutions, I don’t see it happening for either one of them. So here’s my pick. Jynx has been long overlooked despite other Pokémon linked with it getting things, mostly new evolutions. So finally giving it one would be nice to see. Perhaps fairy ice or still psychic ice. Both work with its original design.
Lanturn - Ever since I've seen Finding Nemo as a kid, I thought the anglerfish is one of the most terrifying animals on the planet. Which is why I find the Chinchou line extremely disappointing - I would like to an evolution that takes full advantage of its origin.

Komala - Komala does not look like a fully evolved Pokémon. When it was originally revealed for Sun and Moon I was sure it was gonna evolve. I don't have anything specific in mind for it, I just want to see it get some love.

Parasect - an awesome concept for a Pokémon that unfortunately gets bogged down by the one of the worst type combos in the game and pretty bad stats. It could use a boost and getting the ghost typing would be pretty neat as well

Ledian - They gave Iron fist to a Pokémon with a 35 base attack that's not even fighting type. Also would like to see the super sentai inspiration further developed

I can't think of two more right now, I'll add more later if I come up with any but that fake DLC leak had evolutions for Chimecho and Galvantula and I'd be down with those

Reactions: Z25

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
To those who played Sonic Frontiers, what do you guys think of this?

I don't HATE the boost mechanic, but aside from Sonic Colors many of my favorite Sonic games are non-boost so this is great news for me

osby

Smash Obsessed
Lanturn - Ever since I've seen Finding Nemo as a kid, I thought the anglerfish is one of the most terrifying animals on the planet. Which is why I find the Chinchou line extremely disappointing - I would like to an evolution that takes full advantage of its origin.
Yeah, it's better to make a whole new Pokemon at that point. Chinchou and Lanturn both have cute and unassuming designs that work well for their theme, it'd be too jarring to add a third evolution meant to be scary.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Finally playing FE: Engage.

Oooh nooooo dragon mama got fridged, who could've possibly seen it coming?

The story isn't like offensively bad so far but boy is it putting me to sleep.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Finally playing FE: Engage.

Oooh nooooo dragon mama got fridged, who could've possibly seen it coming?

The story isn't like offensively bad so far but boy is it putting me to sleep.
it’s not a Fire Emblem game until the protagonist’s loved one ****ing dies (or at least any parent dies)

Top Bottom