• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
If I had a nickel for every time a highly-customizable video game franchise that I hyperfixate on occasionally came out in 2008, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice.

Still deciding if I should get Disney+
I'd say yes, but that's just my opinion since I've been hyperfixating on a lot of their stuff recently

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So everayone seems to be of the opinion that links Fashion change in BOTW is a good thing and i agree... To an extent there are two story reasons why links outfit changes:
-a ton of time has Passed
-and hes part of the champions
And yeah the champions are led by zelda so it makes no sense for the uniform to be Fully green as zelda is either Pink or blue colored so i decided to make a Redesign incorportating Elements from BOTW and Classic Link:
1674639553655.png
Please ignore the cartoonynes its just so i can draw him easier he has his Hat with a Triforce on it keeps the same lines and color as in the final design but he has now green accents all champions have their own Accent color:
Zelda=Pink
Daruk= Orange
Mipha= Dark Blue
Reavali= White
Urbosa= Brown

Now we have a new Outfit that keeps the iconic hat and gives zelda and link some Color diffrences!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The year is 2027. The last "cis/het" Smashboards user realizes that they kinda like the idea of they/them pronouns. Sakurai laughs, as he realizes the chemicals he put in the site to make the users (and frogs) LGBT was a complete success. He then reveals his Magnum Opus: SUPER SMASH PRONOUNS.
Hi I'm Masahiro Wokeurai, tune in next Wokenesday as we reveal and showcase the next sexuality in Super Smash Pronouns

osby

Smash Obsessed
The year is 2027. The last "cis/het" Smashboards user realizes that they kinda like the idea of they/them pronouns. Sakurai laughs, as he realizes the chemicals he put in the site to make the users (and frogs) LGBT was a complete success. He then reveals his Magnum Opus: SUPER SMASH PRONOUNS.
I'd play that game.

(Honestly though, with how difficult it is to find gaming circles that are not wildly homophobic/transphobic, it's not a surprise that Smashboards' demographic includes a lot of queer people.)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Time to resurrect the old "what are Pirahna Plant's pronouns" controversy.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
GoldenEye coming this week, eh? Never really played it outside of some multiplayer matches but I'll give the single-player a shot.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
(Honestly though, with how difficult it is to find gaming circles that are not wildly homophobic/transphobic, it's not a surprise that Smashboards' demographic includes a lot of queer people.)
I mean I dunno, if you go to another thread it gets kinda uh... gamer

even then this thread has its moments but keeping this a safe space for (almost) everyone is why I really only stick to this thread. Cause otherwise I would not be here lmao

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Speaking if Sonic, I had the weirdest dream: I was playing a 3D Sonic and the game was actually good. Like pretty good.

And then out of nowhere it turned into the Wave Ocean mach speed segment. Idk why it did but suddenly I was playing 06. Except it actually wasn't complete garbage

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I agree
---
My friend sent me something of a doggienday care place thats hiring and i started making a resune and.....i have absolutly nothibg tonput on here. How do idiscribe my work as a dog walker and dog sitter that WONT make people turn me away

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I agree
---
My friend sent me something of a doggienday care place thats hiring and i started making a resune and.....i have absolutly nothibg tonput on here. How do idiscribe my work as a dog walker and dog sitter that WONT make people turn me away
Aren't those exact skills they'd be looking for?

Either way, if you have any training or certificate, you can include those or maybe try looking for getting one if the job application isn't on short notice. You can also try to add more specific knowledge - for example, knowledge on animal laws or diet.

Experience alone looks good on resumes so include approximately how many clients you had and how long you've been doing it.

I hope that helps. I'm also trying to put together a resume nowadays and it's not easy at all. :drsad:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Surprised they just dropped a trailer for goldeneye. I would have expected it to be in a direct again.

I wonder what they will drop in next months direct.
Worth remembering Xbox is getting it the same day.

Also, Xbox is having a Developer_Direct later today and they didn't save it for that either.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Aren't those exact skills they'd be looking for?
Yeah but i dont know how picky these people are. Idk if one weird sentence would makenthem go "eh, you know whaat"

Either way, if you have any training or certificate, you can include those or maybe try looking for getting one if the job application isn't on short notice. You can also try to add more specific knowledge - for example, knowledge on animal laws or diet.

Experience alone looks good on resumes so include approximately how many clients you had and how long you've been doing it.

I hope that helps. I'm also trying to put together a resume nowadays and it's not easy at all. :drsad:
Yeah. This resume stuff. They dont bother teaching this stuff in school for some dumb ass reason :031:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
tbh I've never struggled with that, although I do mostly hang out in hobby discords at this stage and its very easy to leave and find better pastures at will.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
tbh I've never struggled with that, although I do mostly hang out in hobby discords at this stage and its very easy to leave and find better pastures at will.
In all fairness if you hang out in smaller, better regulated communities it's almost never an issue; it's almost always a large community issue.

Like for example, I can say I'm black and talk about personal expriences and how it relates to the games I play, and nobody would bat an eye here (in fact, some encourage it), but it I were to go to Reddit and do the same it would turn into a Klan rally so fast.

The issue with Discord however is how hard a good community can be to find (still a lot of Gamers™️) and moderation can be ****ing horrible, but it's better than going big

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just got back from the store. I'm ****ing freezing cause I had to wait for the bus outside for about an hour. But now I'm all snuggled up in bed, ready for a snooze. Good night, smashboards. Even though I'm irrelevant, I still care about you all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom