• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Hoping for David Kaye to return to voice Beast Megatron in Rise of the Beasts (IF he's in it, I hope), we'll see. Japan won their group at the World Cup after beating Spain and will play Croatia in the Sweet 16. But Deutschland bowing out in the group stage again, that's unbelievable.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Okay now that I've read the Violet book, I'm confused

How did they run into the Paradox Pokemon before they was transported back in time?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
D

Deleted member

the end is near
Woah, can't believe this might be the last time we see all these characters. I still remember all the hype for Guardians Of The Galaxy 1 and how I went to watch It to the cinema with my uncle.

Hopefully James Gunn finishes the trilogy in a big way (which I'm sure he will, as he has given us great stuff such as The Suicide Squad over at DC).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Woah, can't believe this might be the last time we see all these characters. I still remember all the hype for Guardians Of The Galaxy 1 and how I went to watch It to the cinema with my uncle.

Hopefully James Gunn finishes the trilogy in a big way (which I'm sure he will, as he has given us great stuff such as The Suicide Squad over at DC).
At the least Drax will die, but hopefully everyone else (especially Rocket) manages to survive

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay now that I've read the Violet book, I'm confused

How did they run into the Paradox Pokemon before they was transported back in time?
Well...

This is most likely Paldea's third legendary. I'm sure you've noticed the absence of one in the Pokedex, the only legends being the ruinous quartet and the ride dragons.

It's implied that the crystallized scales that make up this thing's shell have the power to turn fantasies into reality. This Pokémon is probably slumbering far beneath Area Zero, and it's influence is spread out through all the Tera Crystals you find all over the place.

The current theory is that the Paradox Mons were born from the fantasies of the explorers that went down into Area Zero, dreaming about what strange creatures they may find down there. And depending on your version, they were either dinosaur nerds or sci-fi nerds.

The time machine may also be tied to this Pokémon, as it seems to be made of similar crystals. It's also said that AI Sada/Turo is built from technology far beyond what humanity is capable of, but if they came from a magical wish-granting Pokémon, that wouldn't matter now would it?

But hey, that's just a theory.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Well...

This is most likely Paldea's third legendary. I'm sure you've noticed the absence of one in the Pokedex, the only legends being the ruinous quartet and the ride dragons.

It's implied that the crystallized scales that make up this thing's shell have the power to turn fantasies into reality. This Pokémon is probably slumbering far beneath Area Zero, and it's influence is spread out through all the Tera Crystals you find all over the place.

The current theory is that the Paradox Mons were born from the fantasies of the explorers that went down into Area Zero, dreaming about what strange creatures they may find down there. And depending on your version, they were either dinosaur nerds or sci-fi nerds.

The time machine may also be tied to this Pokémon, as it seems to be made of similar crystals. It's also said that AI Sada/Turo is built from technology far beyond what humanity is capable of, but if they came from a magical wish-granting Pokémon, that wouldn't matter now would it?

Intriguing

Yeah, I saw that thing in the Violet book. It doesn't really look... alive. Allegedly there is leftover data for it in the game though but I wonder what it actually looks like.

The idea that it basically brough the paradox Pokemon into existence is fascinating to me, it completely recontextualizes a lot of the things we know about Area Zero

Can't wait to forget about this until the DLC gets announced

Shroob

Sup?
Well...

Yeah, it's doubly apparent with the Violet Dex ones, since while the Scarlet ones make it seem like there's a possibility they existed in some point in time, the Violet ones straight up say they're from science fiction stories.

And then we have Paradox Suicune/Virizion which are straight up said to be made up.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Intriguing

Yeah, I saw that thing in the Violet book. It doesn't really look... alive. Allegedly there is leftover data for it in the game though but I wonder what it actually looks like.

The idea that it basically brough the paradox Pokemon into existence is fascinating to me, it completely recontextualizes a lot of the things we know about Area Zero

Can't wait to forget about this until the DLC gets announced
I imagine it'll look more like a living thing when we actually see it.

In the 30$ expansion pass :4pacman:

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
645.png

THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO...

I WAS A USELESS SANTA PENGUIN

PEOPLE WOULD ONLY REMEMBER ME WHEN IT WAS TIME TO DRAW PICTURES OF THE CREATURES YOU CALL "POCKET MONSTERS" CELEBRATING THE HOLIDAYS

AND THERE WAS MUCH DEFECATION on my competitive viability

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can anyone help me with the last dex entry I need?

I need an eiscue. Don’t need to keep it, I just need it’s entry

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yeah, it's doubly apparent with the Violet Dex ones, since while the Scarlet ones make it seem like there's a possibility they existed in some point in time, the Violet ones straight up say they're from science fiction stories.

And then we have Paradox Suicune/Virizion which are straight up said to be made up.
There's also Roaring Moon being pretty much directly compared to Mega Evolution whilst Iron Valiant mixes in aspects of Mega Gallade like the red blades alongside Gardevoir.

Where were Megas introduced? Kalos. What is Kalos based on? Fr*nce. Why is this relevant? Paldea is based on Spain, directly to the southwest of Fr*nce.

These two also get a special placement in the dex. They're not with the other Paradox Pokemon, they're separated from them by the Pseudo line, Gholdengo's line and then the Ruin Quartet so they immediately precede the Box Legends instead.

A lot of stuff opens up when you consider the links to Kalos in regards to Tera Crystals, Paradox stuff and Area Zero.

Shroob

Sup?
The best way, IMO to explain it is

The Past Paradox Pokemon are based off dubious notes and unverifiable stories ala Cryptids or Monsters from legend.

While the Future ones spell out what they are in game, characters from sci-fi stories.

Paradox Pokemon are, fictional.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait… Clauncher is also version exclusive. Lol, guess there’s actually the last two Pokémon I need.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Kishimoto discusses how The End's moon form is not its true form in the final battle as it is the concept of death itself.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Kishimoto discusses how The End's moon form is not its true form in the final battle as it is the concept of death itself.
That's cool and all but why was the final fight Ikaruga

Top Bottom