• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

• Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I completely forgot i actually have to level up Adachi's social link for the true ending of Persona 4, i hope i still have time for it in game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
wait are there no cutscenes in this version of Persona 3?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
FEH going hard on the artwork for this one:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
my god there’s actually no animated cutscenes in this game…however the acting in P3P is very good so far

osby

Smash Obsessed
my god there’s actually no animated cutscenes in this game…however the acting in P3P is very good so far
This was originally on PSP, they had to cut a lot of corners. Rest of the game makes up for the presentation for me but yeah

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This was originally on PSP, they had to cut a lot of corners. Rest of the game makes up for the presentation for me but yeah
an unfortunate sacrifice, but I am enjoying the music so far. Should definitely be a fun gaming experience

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok I've been very slow on playing Engage but holy **** there looks to be so ****ing much to do on the gameplay level
Yeah, the rings alone really shake things up. You can completely change a units play style with them. Like I recruited one of the healers and at level one he did nothing. Gave him Marth’s ring and he kicked quite a bit of ass for a bit.

Even the sominel has a lot you can do for fun and to shake up gameplay. Combine that with the changes made to several classes and the gameplay and combats never been better.

Really elevates the experience. I don’t even really hate the story either, but the gameplays a blast. Toning back on story beat after story beat, is fine with me if they want to heighten gameplay.

Plus, as much as I really like a lot of the three houses characters, lords included, their stories each had some really dumb plot points to force that divide between them imo. So the story being simple and sort of like awakening, works just as well for me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Engage is fun but I think it's almost a little too complex. Most FE games have good depth while still being easily digestable. Granted I think a lot if the issues are with the UI but still.

Somiel just feels like uninteresting padding/fluff to me, but at least it feels a lot less neccessary which makes it a massive step up from the monestary.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Maybe it's me :starman:projecting:starman: but I always feel like Caitlin and M!Corrin would be very good friends.

It's not even that she gets attracted to every boy who breathes, I feel like their personalities would gel extremely well. They're kind and loving to everyone but have their limits, can be a bit naive at times, and their upbringing has been shaky to say the least. They'd see one another as kindred spirits and I think they'd be super close. Borderline Platonic Life Partners even.

Yes this extends to Smash Bros, Caitlin would be a Corrin main and idc who tries to tell me otherwise :smash:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Bruh I saw a few clips of that 6teen show Pink Yoshi likes, how the hell was I allowed to watch that as a kid lmao.
As someone who grew up with Total Drama, no joke when I say 6teen ramps up the adult jokes early TD is known for big-time

Some of them were entire episode plots ("Over-Exposed" anyone?)

I'd go into more detail but it's the kind of show you need to watch for yourself to experience the madness within.

Just another reason why it's my favorite show :happysheep:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been watching Superman: The Animated Series, and I'm seeing many of these episodes for the first time. (I think I'm pretty far into the show - I just started "The Late Clark Kent")

So far, it's consistently good - it's not consistently great like Batman: The Animated Series (though that's an incredibly high bar to clear), but the performances of Superman, Lois, Luthor, Darkseid (from what little he's shown up so far), Brainiac, and Mr. Mxyzptlk (RIP Gilbert Gottfried) are extremely well-done, the show holds up well and does a great job with presenting an optimistic Superman, and it has me looking forward to the Justice League show whenever I start that. (I've only seen a handful of episodes of that one, and nothing of Justice League Unlimited aside from random clips on Youtube)

Also, I got the eighth badge in Pokemon Violet, though I'm going to level up my team before progressing; I want to fully evolve Gabite and Pupitar, and I'll use the Arven battle as a measuring stick for whether I'm ready for the Elite 4 or not.

(is it worth it to do the classes in that game? They don't seem to be tied to any of the main quests, though for all I know, the path to Area Zero will be guarded by an old man on a bridge who says that I must answer he these questions three, 'ere the other side I see, and they're about Pokemon history, art, and science)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So the new splatfest that the Japanese splaroon Twitter just announced is dark chocolate versus milk chocolate versus white chocolate. Since frye and big man got a win I'm not really pressured to be on any other side so I may just choose what I feel like now.

But let's be honest we all know a lot of people are going to pick milk chocolate just for the white ink... im probably gonna be that person
Engage is fun but I think it's almost a little too complex. Most FE games have good depth while still being easily digestable. Granted I think a lot if the issues are with the UI but still.

Somiel just feels like uninteresting padding/fluff to me, but at least it feels a lot less neccessary which makes it a massive step up from the monestary.
Complex? This feels like the simplest FE has always been

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So the new splatfest that the Japanese splaroon Twitter just announced is dark chocolate versus milk chocolate versus white chocolate. Since frye and big man got a win I'm not really pressured to be on any other side so I may just choose what I feel like now.

But let's be honest we all know a lot of people are going to pick milk chocolate just for the white ink... im probably gonna be that person

Complex? This feels like the simplest FE has always been
Milk Chocolate with white ink? Sounds like a good excuse to get back on Splatoon 3 now that I only have to play Persona 3. Also I’d say Engage’s gameplay is at the least more simple than Echoes…which with my history with Fire Emblem, it likely doesn’t mean much.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Had an idea for a water starter that I'm really proud of

A timid water slug that evolves into an introverted teen snail that uses scavenged junk from underwater as a shell that evolves into a confident harpoon snail that found a full suit of armor underwater that's unfortunately imbued by the spirit of the original wearer, so the two have to work together. The spirit is mostly the one in control and it launches the slug out of its "harpoon". It's Water/Ghost type.

Yes I was inspired by Subjectively's Grass starter but in my defense, that design is sick

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Official NA Splatfest announcement

I am going with Milk Chocolate because while dark chocolate is better I eat way more milk chocolate because I am a filthy white American

White Chocolate makes me sick to my stomach.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the possible final appearance of Zachary Levi’s Shazam

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I am going with Milk Chocolate because while dark chocolate is better I eat way more milk chocolate because I am a filthy white American

People on twitter: "But dark chocolate is healthier"

I dont eat chocolate to get healthy 😠

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I don't play Splatoon but man am I interested in seeing the localization handle Big Man say "TEAM WHITE IS THE BEST" or whatever

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Missed opportunity to not have Keanu Reeves for the voice of Shadow.
Oh it’s GFR, they are usually pretty unreliable so we will have to see. I see what Keanu or Jon Berthnal.

Milk Chocolate all the way.
We live in a dark society

I’m betting this is all some ad for the super bowl.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
now tbf…
society doesn’t believe in safety
Why don’t we just ****ing give up then

god dammit making the bear be a part of society when he clearly dosent want to be he’s a ****ing bear not an accountant

My day is mollywhopped

Top Bottom