• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

• Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My Alear "adopting" a ****ing eagle after a battle
q89s0f8h2u531.jpg

I just got back from the store. I'm ****ing freezing cause I had to wait for the bus outside for about an hour. But now I'm all snuggled up in bed, ready for a snooze. Good night, smashboards. Even though I'm irrelevant, I still care about you all.
Did you buy me any candy while you were out?

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
The issue with Discord however is how hard a good community can be to find (still a lot of Gamers™️) and moderation can be ****ing horrible, but it's better than going big
Tbh, I know I have a bias here but I feel like the "haha discord mod bad" memes are a bit overdone, my personal experience has been its usually a systematic issue when moderation is ****(often from the top down starting from the owner)

I've left more than a handful of servers for having poor moderation: now that I've dipped my toes into it myself I have almost 0 tolerance for certain red flags that are evident of a poor mod team/community.

Noipoi

Howdy!
That happens to you too? What's the oldest cringe memory you have? I have a cringe memory from 2nd grade.
As a kid who was raised in a cult, I wasn't exactly the master of social interaction. But I remember hearing that flattery is a good way to make friends, or something like that.

So 12 y/o me goes up to an older teen and said something that...kinda sounded like I was hitting on him. Obviously, he and all his friends freaked out.

incapable.png

Still keeps me up at night.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As a kid who was raised in a cult, I wasn't exactly the master of social interaction. But I remember hearing that flattery is a good way to make friends, or something like that.

So 12 y/o me goes up to an older teen and said something that...kinda sounded like I was hitting on him. Obviously, he and all his friends freaked out.

View attachment 367113

Still keeps me up at night.
Wait you were raised in a cult?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
preparing to begin my first adventure into the Persona 3 life…between Makoto and Kotone, who would a better person to check the game out as osby osby

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
It was certainly an experience. Can't say it was a good one.

Can't even say I'm fully out yet, not until I'm financially stable enough to afford my own place :drshrug:
that's a mood

my family is meh, even okay even, but I still wanna get out and start my own seperate life

only problem? housing market ****ing sucks, I make like $1k a month and rent here is like $700 average

doesn't help I have a boyfriend I need to worry about and figure out a way to get him to me and the logistics of that are so absurd its kinda surreal

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
That happens to you too? What's the oldest cringe memory you have? I have a cringe memory from 2nd grade.
I don't think I can top "being in a cult", but regardless...

When I was in Cub Scouts there was this auction and I absentmindedly kept raising the bid on an item despite having no money. I don't even remember what the item was :yoshi:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
well ****…I didn’t realize choosing between Makoto and Kotune would actually be a major deal that affects the storyline of Persona 3…

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
eh **** it, I’ll just go with Kotune…hopefully she doesn’t die like Makoto 3 seems to do.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I just had a very fun experience. Did you know that in Pokemon Go, there's a very, very, VERY slim chance for one of the lake trio to spawn in the wild? Like "ten a day globally" rare. Yeah, I thought i would never see one in my life. But wouldn't you know it...
1674699027399.png

one of the ****ers spawned within eye-range of my house. That's not the end of it, though, because I still need to catch the fella. One small problem, though, because it decided to hunker down in the middle of a walking trail, in the dead of night, while it was snowing. But I STILL tried to catch the the thing. I was right in front of where it was supposed to spawn, and it ****ing fled. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

at least azelf isn't forgettable anymore

Top Bottom