• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

• Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As someone who's only played the first game, I'm curious as to why/when the series went downhill. (the latest game looked good, at least, though I don't have a PS5 to play it)
It's mostly the thematic edge the series had that died off, The core gameplay is still pretty strong, going off the remake of the first. Narratively, Ratchet is much less gruff, Most of the themes of characters looking out for themselves and the characters living in a cosmic consumerist nightmare all slowly faded from the series. As it stands, the old games were TRUE PS2 vibes. Bright, Colorful, Gritty and Snarky all rolled into one and it felt cohesive despite it all. Modern Ratchet is more Pixar the video game series, still a natural appeal there, but one that's much less unique.

Rift Apart brought back the oppressive society, if anything making it more overt, but all the surrounding characters are so nice and well meaning that it comes across as hollow and making that oppressiveness diluted. Like it's hard to tell The villains won if most of the world still resists his way of thinking.

At least, that's what the games felt like it lost to me. Again, core gameplay is usually fine for most of the main games, even the remake of RC1. I might not've liked the story(based on the movie)but it felt damn good to JUMP AND SHOOT.

Dukefire

Smash Master
That's cool and all but why was the final fight Ikaruga
Ikaruga's origins was on the Gamecube and SEGA saturn for consoles. So, that factor might be part of the reason why it was there. Also, the game's ending is sad if you finished Final Chapter 5 Metapsychosis.
For Sonic Frontiers being the ice breakers from his misfire, I think this music fits his evolution to the next step.
Edit: For those have save data with either Scarlet or Violet, you can receive a bonus once booting up Pokemon Unite. (Does anyone still play that game?)

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Padorus unite! (as well as everyone who loves Christmas)

Question: is there a Sonic Padoru out there?
Yoooooo!
Hyped for this movie, the character designs look amazing, the action seems quite fun and seeing a crossover between Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal from Beast Wars is quite dope.
Ok, now I return to studying the group project.
You have my attention.
Yes believe it or not, I am a Transformers fan.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do we have any noticeable glitch fixes or is it all in performance?
There’s the duplication glitch and I know there was some type of soft lock. Don’t Know what caused it and it didn’t seem to be a wide spread issue. So outside of that, I think the rest was just very random funny glitches and some performance ones.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As a filmmaker, one of the things I want to specialize in is making really good, downright cinematic film adaptations of classic 80s Midway Arcade Games. Starting from the foundation Rampage gave us.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Bruh Charizard looks amazing in this game!

They clearly updated his model.
They updated a lot of mons to either model out actual expressions or just add in more texture.

The mons in general look great I genuinelly like what they did to them. Makes them more cuddly. Or deadly, depending on the mon.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
needs to be used more

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
needs to be used more
Interesting.

Not to mention, he literally took off his rabbit’s foot there. I should watch this.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Top 10 Classic Midway Arcade games that need sequels now
Smash TV/Robotron: 2084: Who doesn't love a good twin stick shooter? If you just raised you're hand, then the contestants of Smash TV would like to have a word with you. Both of these games were designed to have the player rack up incredibly high kill counts in very simple ways, moving around a single screen and shooting. Smash TV was really just a re-imagining of Robotron anyway. So they share a spot on the list, even though I'd like to see both games get brought back for the modern era. One particular idea for Smash TV would be for players to be competing against each other to kill enemies. Where you get points and win the match based on your enemy kill count, rather then the amount of other players you've killed, but you can and should still **** with your other contestants to help score the win. Help it transition to the online multiplayer age a bit more. Maybe there are special power-ups that only hurt other players Mario Kart style? Then for Robotron, just giving the titular hero more weapons and abilities to play around with as he saves his family from the robot apocalypse is plenty. Smash TV is about online competition, Robotron is about a solo experience. That's how I see it anyway.
Klax: Klax is just a really fun puzzle game that i want on modern platforms and removed from the stranglehold of the arcade quarter-gobbling formula. It's like trying to explain why Tetris should come to modern systems. It just should.
Primal Rage: A really solid fighting game with a really cool prehistoric life/new-old gods motif that's just begging for a reboot. I can only imagine what NRS could do with these characters and this setting. What other cool giant dinosaurs and other prehistoric life they'll let us battle as. With the right marketing and care this could be another solid franchise for them to give them breaks from MK and Injustice.
Tapper: A modern game where you run a bar sounds perfect. It sounds like the perfect little low-budget indie project you'd see pushed during an Indies Showcase or something like that. The bartender has a sad backstory, you get to know and socialize with the memorable patrons, you make money to upgrade your facilities, and obviously you sell drinks. The perfect little experience. Then you find out that this is a Tapper game and your mind starts doing little somersaults trying to understand how this happened. But it's great so you keep playing anyway. This is the perfect storm. IMO.
Paperboy: This is another one that just works. You are the Paperboy, let's say in an 80's period setting to make it cool. You need to make money to support yourself week to week doing your paper routes in the city as well as various other odd jobs you can pick up, if your schedule allows it. You fight off CPS to keep from getting into the system, the city is big and open with lots of places to explore for all you people who like that, you have a Persona style calendar system to manage, badda bing, badda boom, 10/10.
Gauntlet: Number 5 because Gauntlet actually got a sequel relatively recently and it's pretty good. Highly recommend. I just hope it's not a one-night stand because the formula it sets up is a good one. All it really needs is more enemy types, more and more frequent bosses, more location variety, and more classes like the ones from the various past Gauntlet followups (The Third Encounter, The Final Quest, and Dark Legacy).
Joust: While I see a new Joust still having a PvE mode for the sake of tradition, I see this game's modern equivalent having it's primary draw being online party multiplayer akin to games like Fall Guys. Just hopping on a server and jousting a bunch of your friends. Maybe include an Ostrich breeding system to get birds with better stats? Give players the option to joust on Buzzards or even the infamous Pterodactyls if they so choose, along with the Pegasus from Joust 2, all with different stats and abilities. And obviously cosmetic armor for your knight and your mount.
Spy Hunter: Another game that would work with an open world formula somewhat. The car combat would obviously be a must to keep, but you definitely need to give players the option of either being stealthy or being loud. And give them adequate tools both on foot and in the Interceptor to do both. And keeping true to the character's codename, he should be an agent who hunts down other spies. Either enemy agents or rogue agents. So your primary targets you're hunting down on each mission isn't just some schmuck in plain sight. You'd have to do some good honest spy/detective work to even find them. Package it in with a cool Bond style story that you can get sucked into and bingo. Spy Hunter.
Rampage: Another online party game where you log into a server, pick your kaiju, and compete against your friends to see who can wreck more of the city. That's the easy way to do a modern Rampage. Do some new monsters based on other actual monster movie tropes (and not just big animals like the other sequals tried to do), come up with some cool mutation based power-ups, regularly supply the player-base with new characters and maps, and boom. You've revived Rampage.
Toobin': An inner-tube racing game down a river is fun and like with Rampage and Joust promises that fun online party game fun that is so popular nowadays.

Rampart: A prototype RTS where you play a puzzle game to build you castle walls and then defend your castle from attacking ships with cannons. This is such a novel idea and I would love to see it come back.

Xybots: A really novel 3rd person shooter in a time before camera control or 3D graphics. I would love to see it come back, but modernizing it would make it loose it's charm.

Super Sprint: The novelty of a top down racing game that's actually designed with controllers in mind is appealing.

CarnEvil: They're finally inventing light guns that work on modern TVs. Use that tech and bring this classic to modern platforms.
Defender: Picture this. You are a lone hero inn his one man ship. You're only mission, travel the galaxy responding to distress calls and repelling hostile alien invasions when the galactic government will not. You are, THE DEFENDER. I imagine it being a large open galaxy similar to No Mans Sky, where you have to actively travel from planet to planet, using Stargates to hopefully cut down on travel time, and save whoever is calling for help before they are destroyed in real time. Obviously the main threat would be the Manti-Landers. But other space age Midway villains could also be threats as well from time to time. The Xenos from Xenophobe, The Sinistar from Sinistar, Mukor from Blasteroids, maybe even the Xybots... It has so much potential, and so much legacy, that obviously it tops the list.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Try this question on for size.

Who chases and kills Corviknight and wields a giant hammer?

Why, it's Tinkaton of course!

If you get this reference, I'll keep you in my prayers.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I started playing DB Legends a few days ago just cause I wanted a Gohan Beast…and I’ve gained practically every Gohan but that one (alongside some pretty cool fighters to have)

also other than FEHeroes, I’m likely gonna end up being hooked onto this app

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
also I finally listened to Mariah Carey’s hit Christmas song…it’s honestly good…

now I’m gonna hope all the places in Vegas spams the ever loving **** out of it in every single building and street so that I get to understand why people fear it

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thanks to Noipoi Noipoi i was able to get the last exclusive I needed and complete the dex by catching the last few things I needed.

Immediately went to shiny hunt Roaring Moon. First time I caught two shiny zwelious with the sparkling power effect.

The second I caught a shiny Espeon and this amazing beast:

9321F72A-3F3A-49F0-8C03-C1282526F3CE.jpeg

And in a moon ball none the less. This was absolutely worth using the only one on!

Shroob

Sup?
Thanks to Noipoi Noipoi i was able to get the last exclusive I needed and complete the dex by catching the last few things I needed.

Immediately went to shiny hunt Roaring Moon. First time I caught two shiny zwelious with the sparkling power effect.

The second I caught a shiny Espeon and this amazing beast:

View attachment 364564

And in a moon ball none the less. This was absolutely worth using the only one on!
How many resets did it take to get it in the ball?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Looks like the bear who ate the funny white sugar is getting a movie, coming next year 2023.

Based off a true story from 1985.
(Bear consumes stuff and goes on a rampage)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How many resets did it take to get it in the ball?
As crazy as it sounds, none.

Lowered it to red and got a crit capture first try. I was honestly shocked it worked first try. I didn’t get to save either because it spawned right on me basically.

Was very nerve racking lol. I also still don’t understand how saving in front of shinies works. Is it like legends where you save when it spawns, and it’s gonna just be there? I would have expected it to load new seeds and Pokémon with each reset right away.

Top Bottom