• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

• Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got most of the backlog for December finished. 8 Drawings done so far. Might try to do one or two more. One with a female character and some X-Mas related one I think.

4 pieces are part of a series each in their own piece. 1 is a character I haven't drawn in a minute. 1 is someone I haven't drawn yet, but features a cameo of someone I've drawn a good bit. 1 is a younger version of a character I've drawn before. And 1 slightly thiccer version of someone I've drawn before.

Technically it's 9 pieces done cause I took the 4 part-series and made a combined into a secondary picture as well.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
New month, new game. I wanna Sonic Frontiers, which version should I go for? PC or Switch? Only systems I have.

I was going for she's fit and got abs but yeah sure. Tomboy energy yeah yep.
Those two things go hand in hand
Skeledirge is still my favorite Paldea starter, by a longshot.

But I gotta admit, Meowscarada is growing on me. It's got style.
Same tbh
It's not what I wanted but it's not bad
Well, it is a grass type.
Friend of mine made the same joke in the exact same context

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Xenoblade 2's fifth anniversary guys:

View attachment 364534

View attachment 364535

**** I'm getting old.
Peak. Raw. GOAT.

Honestly, I think the game as a whole is probably the weakest out of the trilogy due to questionable design choices like field skills locking story progression and Rare Blade summoning being tied to gacha, but man do I absolutely adore the world design, main cast, and soundtrack. Still a stellar RPG despite the blemishes here and there.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Peak. Raw. GOAT.

Honestly, I think the game as a whole is probably the weakest out of the trilogy due to questionable design choices like field skills locking story progression and Rare Blade summoning being tied to gacha, but man do I absolutely adore the world design, main cast, and soundtrack. Still a stellar RPG despite the blemishes here and there.
Still felt a bit weak here and there and wouldn't have minded a lot more smoothing of the story. The cast, the world design, soundtrack, gameplay (I did like the field skills though) and animation work was top notch. Seriously if you want to prove anyone that a AAA anime style JRPG game can be made animation wise make them watch Rex/Pyra's first against Torna. Still blows my damn mind.

This was THE game that blew my expectations for the Switch (Doom 2016 port also) when it came to how great the system was. I started the game in docked mode in my house, I finished it a few weeks and over 4,000 miles away in handheld mode later.

And yes I do agree it was the weakest in the trilogy by a considerable amount. However in Torna, you have one of the best RPG expansions ever made hands down.

And of course you have the best catgirl in fiction.

Aligo

Smash Ace
Peak. Raw. GOAT.

I'd still argue that it outperforms 3, as the latter game, despite it's more refined english dub and better quality of life, suffers from underdeveloped characters (especially so with the antagonists) inconsistent worldbuilding, and one of the worst endings in an RPG in living memory. It is also shorter than 2 and has a weaker soundtrack that relies too much on remixes.

What doesn't help is the fact that most of XC2's issues could be easily fixed in a re-release, while the same is not true for XC3.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I have one friend who insists that Xenoblade 2 is bad because she saw a review of it that criticized it (I think for the booba) and has never actually played it… is this what it’s like talking to me?

Aligo

Smash Ace
I have one friend who insists that Xenoblade 2 is bad because she saw a review of it that criticized it (I think for the booba) and has never actually played it… is this what it’s like talking to me?
It was probably the Dunkey review. Pretty sure he did the same for 3 as well. He played very little of 2 and I'm not even sure if he played 3.

As I was saying, I think a re-release of XC2 would outperform XC3 in most aspects, as the major gripes aren't all that hard to fix. Add an option to fuse multiple core crystals at once, make field skills autofill (plus a menu option to skip field skill dialogue) and adding subtitles for the Japanese field dialogue would resolve most of the issues people have. The UI can also be modelled off of more recent games to improve it.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Y'all are excited for December movies, while I'm here being excited for whatever shenanigans Disney is pulling off for their 100th

"Wish" looks GOATed and I can't wait to hear about all the events they might set up for celebrating their centennial

Aligo

Smash Ace
DRM is antipiracy software, Denuvo specificalltly for Frontiers, it basically always wants to be online and will affect ingame performance. It also infamously doesn't work
Has there ever been an online anticheat that has even decently worked?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just finished watching Troll. It was basically a modern Godzilla remake with bits of elements of GODZILLA (1998) thrown in there, but it was still enjoyable never the less.

Watching throughout the movie, I could clearly tell they remodeled the troll off of MonsterVerse Kong, basically Kong with a troll skin. Some scenes even taking shot to shot from Kong: Skull Island notably the helicopters flying around it.

I only did wish at the end that the troll had lived never turning to morning which resulted in its death, Nora convincing it to return to the mountains to live in peace and it'd basically become a tourist attraction. Thought that would had made a better and happier ending, unique to the giant monster genre where the monster actually lives (Gorgo 1962 so far having probably been the only one to do that).

Also called it, I knew they were gonna do a tease similar to 1998 GODZILLA.
Do you think violent night will have a Krampus Santa team-up?
No because clearly Santa in that film is a hero. John McClane but as Santa.
Not gonna lie, this is my first time seeing Troll. Never heard of it until now.
I finished watching it. Think of it as a modern Godzilla remake but with a troll with bits of elements of the 1998 film. Also the troll being basically a re-skin of MonsterVerse Kong.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Huh damn they actually apologized for the performance issues, that's... kinda weird they never apologize.
I mean, none of their pokemon games came out of the oven deflated as much as this game did (well... minus BDSP but you know..)

Id Apologize for it too

Last edited:

Aligo

Smash Ace
I mean, none of their pokemon games came out of the oven deflated as much as this game did (well... minus BDSP but you know..)

Id Apologize for it too
Most games don't randomly burst into seizure inducing lights at random intervals. S/V has bugs to rival even gen 1 Pokémon.

An apology is indeed in order.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Whoa, yesterday was the Ratchet and Clank franchise's 20th anniversary.

As much crud as I give most of the series, the first six games are bonafide childhood classics of mine, and I still adore them despite where the franchise has gone lately. Happy belated anniversary

D

Deleted member

Currently studying for the group project presentation about the Mid Autumn celebration I brought up a few days ago. We are presenting today.

Really nervous, ngl. This is the first group presentation I've had since I left university last time and I don't wanna mess it up. We are going to present through an actuation of a chinese Family and I'm the grandfather Who talks about the mythological origins of the event.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Third time’s the charm they say…

I’m probably passing on this myself.

Top Bottom