• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

• Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Seems to me like DC is rebooting their cinematic universe

Good
it’s more of a soft reboot while keeping everything in the same universe and turning Aquaman into Lobo than a full on reboot…for the time being

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's a bit cheating, innit, since

It's highly likely that the Paradox Pokemon are made of Imagination.
Yeah, but the developers still went there. It's still a message they're trying to convey, regardless of the in-universe explanation.

Seems to me like DC is rebooting their cinematic universe

Good
Weird way to make the movies comic-accurate but I'll take it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Iron Moth is nuclear powered, likely why it's typing changed to Fire Poison
Where is it stated it's nuclear powered?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Turning Aquaman into Lobo seems like a hard reboot move if you ask me
Eh, MCU also changed the actors of some important characters like War Machine and Hulk while keeping the continuity. This one may be a bolder move but not impossible.

But it seems they may have a hard reboot later down the line anyway, so... :drshrug:

Shroob

Sup?
Where is it stated it's nuclear powered?
Looking into it, I legit don't see anything of the sort. Occulture Magazine, the in-game lore dump for the Paradox mons say it's "From a UFO, and controlled by Aliens", it doesn't mention Nuclear power at all. And neither the Scar or Vio Pokedex mentions it either.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Eh, MCU also changed the actors of some important characters like War Machine and Hulk while keeping the continuity. This one may be a bolder move but not impossible.

But it seems they may have a hard reboot later down the line anyway, so... :drshrug:
I mean, yeah that's true

But considering this was announced at the same time as WW3 and Man of Steel 2 being cancelled, I think it's not too unreasonable to expect a hard reboot

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I have to transcribe tritones from a Christian hymn for my college music theory class
its the most please move this water with a colunder from A to B **** I've ever done
Don't take music theory unless its required, I regret everything

If I ever make YouTube video essays one will be a multi-hour one ranking every Dr. Seuss book from worst to best.
Where does yertle the turtle rank, only give a number with no context, and keep in mind this is more important to me than you could ever comprehend.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
it’s more of a soft reboot while keeping everything in the same universe and turning Aquaman into Lobo than a full on reboot…for the time being
The entire Justice league is getting snapped from existence.

Gal is gone and no WW3

Henry Cavil and man of steel 2 are being very likely to be left in the dust. Sources say Cavil didn’t even sign a deal before the new management came in.

No affleck or Keaton.

Aquman, gone.

Black Adam 2, left to be very Unlikely to happen.

Which means the JSA is probably gone to.

That’s their entire lineup the past few years, gone never to be returned to. With The Batman being the only one still hanging in there.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I have to transcribe tritones from a Christian hymn for my college music theory class
its the most please move this water with a colunder from A to B **** I've ever done

Where does yertle the turtle rank, only give a number with no context, and keep in mind this is more important to me than you could ever comprehend.
8 out of 68

osby

Smash Obsessed

Jondolio

Smash Hero
One of the few things I like about living in Israel is that this Christian **** isn't forced down my throat because Jewish state.

Still fleeing the country once I'm done with college tho

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I do not blame a regular ol Diana for that…
…I only blame Patty for writing that and tricking her into thinking it’d be fine
Apparently according to the story of what Wonder Woman 3 would have been.

It'd be Steve coming back as an antagonist in Hades.

Yeah...I think we would have been better off without...

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
My condolences.
I'll pray for you-

wait
One of the few things I like about living in Israel is that this Christian **** isn't forced down my throat because Jewish state.

Still fleeing the country once I'm done with college tho
ironically transcribing Christian hymns is ****ing hell

its great living in the midwest where no form of school is safe from rampant religious propaganda
I thought I might be beyond this Missouri **** in college, but you can never escape the corruption of angry religious mothers, they're like radiation sickness

D

Deleted member

It's a chicken on a desk and a fire add-on for Rocket's comically large gun.

Honestly, while It is cool to finally have this chicken piece at last I feel this is the weakest day so far. Mostly since It uses really little pieces. I get its inclussion doh (maybe has to do with Thanksgiving or the usual Christmas dinners).
Also It seems I'm finally starting to feel better. Drank a natural Orange juice today and It seems It kinda helped. Maybe I just needed that kind of food.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Nah I just love deep sea creatures to tons. Such facinating animals, like little monsters the way they look and the things they can do. I love em.

And also because I'm lonely and probably more down bad tham Denji.
Props to Denji for saying "**** you, im thinking for myself and im thinking Penguins"

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hoping:

Darkstalkers 4 or reboot
Darkstalkers Collection
God of War: Ragnarok wins GotY
Marvel vs. Capcom Collection
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Deluxe

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
IM WARNING YALL

THE CULTURAL SHIFT IS COMING

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
IM WARNING YALL

THE CULTURAL SHIFT IS COMING

Still ain't gonna top Top Gun: Maverick. If Black Panther: Wakanda Forever couldn't. This won't either.

I also guarantee Del Toro's Pinocchio will deliver more emotion, spirit, beauty, spectacle, and story then Avatar 2 ever will.

Avatar 2 only has visuals going for it.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Still ain't gonna top Top Gun: Maverick. If Black Panther: Wakanda Forever couldn't. This won't either.

I also guarantee Del Toro's Pinocchio will deliver more emotion, spirit, beauty, spectacle, and story then Avatar 2 ever will.

Avatar 2 only has visuals going for it.
To top Top Gun, you need a obscene amount of USA military propaganda you need to - oh you're talking about sales.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
inb4 a New 52 turned Rebirth…turned Infinite Frontier…soon to be turned into the Dawn of DC…sort of relaunch goes down for the DCEU…

my god DC needs to stop with the massive reboots/relaunches/remakes
DC with their potential rebooting of their entire universe right now (at the 01:06-01:10 mark) :

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo of America president Doug Bowser made two interesting tweets on Twitter today: One posting a Game Awards article and the other being him talking to Geoff Keighley.

Make of that what you will.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nintendo of America president Doug Bowser made two interesting tweets on Twitter today: One posting a Game Awards article and the other being him talking to Geoff Keighley.

Make of that what you will.
Given that we already have some form of Mario news coming( articles are reporting it’s a new sneak peak), then sequewaying into the tie in game just makes the most sense.

Top Bottom