• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • None

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just finally saw Violent Night. Definitely lived up to my expectations even if the pacing was kinda off.

Yo! Santa was a Viking!? Awesome!

I love to think he is what inspired the legends of Thor given his hammer the skullcrusher.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ranking of films this year so far.

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
2. Top Gun: Maverick
3. The Batman
4. Bullet Train
5. Violent Night
6. Troll
7. DC League of Super-Pets
8. The Adam Project
9. The Black Phone
10. Nope
11. Jurassic World: Dominion

Honorable Mentions: Black Adam, The Bad Guys, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

Only one left this year is Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio which has the potential to top Sonic 2.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm getting real close to being able to beat SEGA AGES Fantasy Zone on the second hardest difficulty without using the rapid fire feature. Just need to figure out a good strategy for tackling the boss rush in Round 8.

A game this cute has no business being so brutally difficult.

Or maybe it's just because I suck.

Or both.

D

Deleted member

Been thinking about It, and I feel that since I may likely cancel my preorder of Dragon Quest Treasures due to budgetary reasons and since I am getting a short break from classes this week due to national holidays It is a good time to do a new thing for me at least that I haven't done on this site before...

Honestly, this may be a good warm up for the upcoming best and worst movies of 2022 list I'm currently working on, and will help ya'll get used to this new format for the lists I'm testing. With that said... Let's get to It.
Been debating seriously about whether or not to include this Game, but I feel that the effort put into It does justify the inclussion:

Yes, Pac-Man World Re-Pac is my 5th favourite Game of the year, as crazy as It sounds.

A well-put together remake, which against all the odds is still getting updated through patches with new content and DLC. A game which has a lot of fan-service for the fans of the original game and adds some long-awaited improvements such as the controls or the new ending which will and has already put a smile on many people.

Imo one of the underrated titles of this year, which I wanted to highlight on this list. It is quite cheap, so I really reccomend It.

Controversies aside, I really love this game.

Addictive combat mechanics, breathtaking Battle enviroments which feel taken out of Doctor Strange 1 or other similar movies, really fun characters and overall a really pleasing experience to the ears and even the eyes if you manage to get over the framerate issues.

As my first experience with the franchise, I feel It is a decent starting point and that the Gameplay is really solid enough to make you stay with the Game. My only nitpick is that I wish they brought back the crossover costumes from 2. But even then, solid game.
Here we have a tie because I really can't get myself to choose one over the other

Both games have stuff I really enjoy: fun Maps to explore, great Pokémon and character design, cool writing for the franchise's standards, imo the best human characters of the franchise so far and a huge improvement on the gameplay style which I hope carries on to future titles.

Sure, they both have bugs and imperfections which leave them far from being GOTYs, but both as a Pokémon fan and an enjoyer of videogames I feel that the good does outweight the bad with these, and the problems can easily be improved on with updates and DLC.

So yeah, if you are a Pokémon fan, these two are surely a must to try out imo.

It is no secret for some of you that I am a big Sonic and SEGA fan. And ever since Forces I've been hoping for a 3D Sonic game which can revitalize the franchise and bring It to a more focused and better path... This game imo is finally It.

Fun worlds to explore, the usual incredible Sonic music, great character interactions for the franchise's standards as with the games from spot number 3, epic boss fights which ask you to start a new save file and replay them again and overall... Just a fun and really enjoyable experience all throught.

There are imperfections of course, some parts which I wish were omitted and some Cyberspace levels which I wish could be improved through patches for example... But that doesn't take It away from the merits this Game has.
And the best thing is that there is more to come for It through future free DLC, which seems really hype.

So yeah, really glad I bought this game, and excited for the future of the franchise between It and the movies.
This is a new section for my lists which I'm debuting with this one. I'll quickly pass through some games I played this year which I also enjoyed but didn't manage to make It to the list for one reason or another.

Horizon Forbidden West: really great game with a cool message imo, although I haven't played enough of It to be very clear about whether or not It should be on the list. Would reccomend It to those Who have a PS5 doh.

Miles Morales and Ratchet & Clank: I really wanted to add these to the list. But sadly they released last year back when I didn't have a PS5 so sadly they aren't valid at the moment. Both are really solid titles by Insomniac Games which expand upon their prior games and deliver a really refreshing and enjoyable experience. Miles Morales specially with the improved combat.

Multiversus: really fun fighting Game. I love the character roster so far and on the first months It was my most played Game of the year. Wish It got some stuff added at the moment doh, but there's still time to let the game grow and see how It goes.

Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series: another Bamco remake. Not as polished and well-thought out as Pac-Man World Re-Pac, but still a great time and worth It for Klonoa fans.
I feel this one is gonna be really controversial... But here It goes:

Return To Monkey Island is a sequel and imo the worthy revival of two of the greatest point & click games ever created (The Secret Of Monkey Island and it's sequel).
These games were huge in Spain and the Canary Islands, with even some university partners of mine having Big brothers Who played these games on their childhood, so It was surely a big deal to see the franchise return... So how did they do It?

Controversial artstyle aside (which I personally find charming and enjoyable anyways) the Game presents some of the best character interactions of any game I played this year, some really fun puzzles, really hilarious moments which unironically made me laugh, incredible music as usual with these games... And an at first confusing but eventually heartwarming ending to what may be one of the best franchises of videogames which I won't spoil for those Who want to play It.

It is kind of a short Adventure, so anyone can pick the game on its free time and get through It whenever they want at any pace. It also adds some really cool QoL improvements if you get stuck at any part of the game.

My nitpicks? Well... There's not much I can say, but I do wish the game had a musical moment such as this one in Curse Of Monkey Island:
But besides that... Yeah, I just loved the game all thought out.

It is also cheap, costing 25€ and sometimes less. So if you find It at the eShop or the PlayStation Store surely go for It. You will find some memorable characters and one of the greatest videogame revivals in recent time. Truly what this legendary franchise deserved.
So yeah, that's the list. Hopefully those who went through all of it enjoyed It and have a great night :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm surprised that SwSh still has a fairly active online playerbase now that ScarVio's out.

But I suspect that gradually change after the holidays, even more people will have copies of the games by then.
Old gens still have a place in people's hearts, some don't like new mons competitively or just prefer old metas. Or in some cases, it's easier to obtain a mon in an earlier game. Gen 7 is still active to this day.

BDSP was really the only outlier in that regard

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Old gens still have a place in people's hearts, some don't like new mons competitively or just prefer old metas. Or in some cases, it's easier to obtain a mon in an earlier game. Gen 7 is still active to this day.

BDSP was really the only outlier in that regard
That also makes sense, IIRC even here, the majority opinion seems to be that, compared to ScarVio, SwSh has better competitive gameplay, if not one of the best competitive scenes in the series so far.

Gen 7 actually isn't terribly surprising, considering how insanely popular SM is, plus the 3DS still having online support, eShop aside.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I finished Sonic Colors Ultimate. I'm debating weather to finish Cuphead (beat the Devil and play the DLC) or finish Sonic Frontiers
I’ll raise you one better
Animated LoZ movie.

Link: Taron Egerton
Zelda: Emilia Clarke
Ganondorf: Ron Perlman
My fancast for an animated Zelda movie is

Yuri Lowenthal: Link
Ashley Johnson: Zelda
James Remar: Ganondorf

Top Bottom