• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

• Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Cooper would be closer considering he has Italian blood. Personally I don’t think he needs to sound exactly like his video game counterpart, I believe what’s necessary is a voice and performance that captures the essence of the character. As such, my ideal pick for Mario would be Stanley Tucci.

Not only is he of Italian descent, he has a natural warmness and friendliness to his voice and plays his characters with such positive energy that I feel like is essential to playing Mario.
The Davinci clip made me see the vision.

Also, this is how I find out that the main character of Robots was voiced by Obi Wan

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Thumbnail for an upcoming video, mwehehehe.
1670112192968.png

I just added the text. Everything else was done by an artist named Cole, who was nice enough to make this for me! https://twitter.com/sonicboom13561

I actually got linked the 2nd video.

I nearly spit my drink when I saw the voice credits.

Grats dude!
Guh-Huzzah jumpscare.

Thanks so much man!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've noticed that LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Galactic Edition is 50% off on Switch eShop but not on the Xbox store and I prefer to get it on Xbox...

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sonic Colors is really fun. After I’m done with it I’m gonna have to face the bleak empty open frontiers of the future though.
Now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind facing those bleak empty open frontiers of the future again.

Maybe I'll do a run without leveling up any stats so I can enjoy the boss battles for longer.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

MRBEAST text
this looks like the beginning of an Epic Rap Battle
The bigger issue is that Mario's voice is iconic and while yeah you can't 100% adapt that into a movie without it getting a little grating, you should still at least make an effort to somewhat recreate that. Charlie Day's regular vouce works for Luigi because he's fast and frantic like Luigi, but Chris Pratt's sounding like Chris Pratt doesn't work someone who's normally upbeat like Mario.

Unironically, I would like to see Bradley Cooper Mario. I mean he can voice act damn well and idk I think he can have the energy for Mario.
based on past footage of Charles Martinet using his Mario voice in overly casual ways, I feel like the voice would’ve worked fine for a whole movie

well that and Pratt’s voice is only making me fear his Garfield voice more
Inside Out really nailed Alex jones, lmao
I don’t like how accurate this show is with a lotta things…Reagan even does a Mario Italian voice accurately
Roger Craig Smith is voicing Keanu Reeves in this?

Lmao, what a very surprise casting.
I did not realize RCS played Keanu

Reactions: Z25

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm currently on a roll with kaiju films. I watched Rodan and the original Mothra, both of which I haven't seen in years. Then I watched War of the Gargantuas, Reptilicus, Gappa The Triphibian Monster, and Yongary, all of which are first time viewings. The next film I want to watch is Gorgo, which looks really good. I've seen a few clips and the London scenery is unique for a kaiju film.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m curious as to why Gamefreak asks you questions about who was our favorite gym leader, who was our favorite class teacher was, and who we thought were the strongest and weakest gym leaders.

These are asked multiple times throughout the game, making them seem important.

I hope this is Gamefreak getting feedback to improve in future.

Shroob

Sup?
I’m curious as to why Gamefreak asks you questions about who was our favorite gym leader, who was our favorite class teacher was, and who we thought were the strongest and weakest gym leaders.

I don't think they'd have any way to collect that info unless the game was in an always on state ala a game as a service game.

Noipoi

Howdy!

The most popular character will play a pivotal role in the dlc.

Larry's gonna save the goddamn world.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't think they'd have any way to collect that info unless the game was in an always on state ala a game as a service game.
It kind of is when you connect to the internet since you stay that way until you disconnect.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Imagine if they did a SpongeBob version of A Christmas Carol with Mr. Krabs as Scrooge.
That’d require Krabs to give up being greedy.

Though I’m surprised that hasn’t happened already, especially considering how fitting SpongeBob Cratchit comes together

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Alternate Universe/Ancestors. Boom.
I mean it could just be a straight up adaptation or parody. Trying to think of who’d be who here

Mr. Krabs: Ebenezer Scrooge
SpongeBob: Bob Cratchit
Tiny Tim
Fred
Squidward: Jacob Marley
Ghost of Christmas Past
King Neptune: Ghost of Christmas Present
Flying Dutchman: Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come
Mr. Fezziwig
Mrs. Puff: Belle

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean it could just be a straight up adaptation or parody. Trying to think of who’d be who here

Mr. Krabs: Ebenezer Scrooge
SpongeBob: Bob Cratchit
Tiny Tim
Fred
Squidward: Jacob Marley
Ghost of Christmas Past
King Neptune: Ghost of Christmas Present
Flying Dutchman: Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come
Mr. Fezziwig
Mrs. Puff: Belle
Nah. Plankton is Marley man. That makes so much sense given their backstory.

Unless we wanna give SpongeBob kids, Tiny Tim might have to be Gary. Mr. Fezziwig as Larry makes sense. I'll try to think of a few more on my own. Like his nephew.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It kind of is when you connect to the internet since you stay that way until you disconnect.
I could actually see this. It’s possible that the game sends this data when you connect. It would explain why they ask you a question like that multiple times and with different responses per answers.

It really screams that they are trying to gauge how players progress in the game and reflect on their experience. Maybe it won’t lead anywhere, but it’s odd they would do this to begin with then.
The most popular character will play a pivotal role in the dlc.

Larry's gonna save the goddamn world.
This is exactly what should happen.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Nah. Plankton is Marley man. That makes so much sense given their backstory.

Unless we wanna give SpongeBob kids, Tiny Tim might have to be Gary. Mr. Fezziwig as Larry makes sense. I'll try to think of a few more on my own. Like his nephew.
I mean I think either could fit Marley. I could see Pearl taking on a similar role to Fred actually

If this was going more the parody route, I thought either Plankton or Patrick would be funny as Tiny Tim

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean I think either could fit Marley. I could see Pearl taking on a similar role to Fred actually

If this was going more the parody route, I thought either Plankton or Patrick would be funny as Tiny Tim
Patrick as Tiny Tim and Sandy as Mrs. Cratchet and Pearl as Fred. That all works surprisingly well. Although there is that new squid girl character they added to Nick Kart 3 I just remembered. I think she's from one of the spinoffs? That could work for Tiny Tim, and then you could have Patrick as one of the ghosts. Or maybe Squidward and Patrick as the two men collecting for charity at the beginning and end.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Really cool news for Digimon fans:
Haven't played the game yet, but I heard It is quite good so hopefully they expand into It in the future now that It has sold well.
Ok, now I go to sleep.
After playing Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory, I need to play this game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Patrick as Tiny Tim and Sandy as Mrs. Cratchet and Pearl as Fred. That all works surprisingly well. Although there is that new squid girl character they added to Nick Kart 3 I just remembered. I think she's from one of the spinoffs? That could work for Tiny Tim, and then you could have Patrick as one of the ghosts. Or maybe Squidward and Patrick as the two men collecting for charity at the beginning and end.
Thinking about it, Bubble Buddy could for Past considering that he's faceless and fits the more vagueness of Past. As well as one of the few characters that can be extinguished in a sense

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Thinking about it, Bubble Buddy could for Past considering that he's faceless and fits the more vagueness of Past. As well as one of the few characters that can be extinguished in a sense
Yeah, that works rather well! And at that point I think we have everyone except for very minor characters like Scrooge's housekeeper

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Top Bottom