• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

• Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also can anyone check something for me? I’m avoiding shiny spoilers, but can anyone tell me, is

shiny Dondozo worth going for right away? If it’a a really nice shiny, I’ll go for it, but I don’t want to spoil it either lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So for ****s and giggles I tried giving the past Paradox mons proper Pokémon names.

Great Tusk-Mastodonphan
Brute Bonnet-Amoonster
Scream Tail-Jigglygruff
Flutter Mane-Misgrievous
Sandy Shocks-Cragnemite
Slither Wing-Brawlcorona
Roaring Moon-Lunamence

Might do the future ones later :drshrug:

Shroob

Sup?
Also can anyone check something for me? I’m avoiding shiny spoilers, but can anyone tell me, is

shiny Dondozo worth going for right away? If it’a a really nice shiny, I’ll go for it, but I don’t want to spoil it either lol.
It looks nice IMO.

Reactions: Z25

Noipoi

Howdy!

It’s actually pretty cool.

Reminds me of a certain dress…

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I will mention, there is a surprisingly high lack of Unovan Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet. There tends to be a running trend of this occuring before said regions remakes. (Sinnoh lacked many Johto mons before HGSS, Kalos lacked many Hoenn mons before ORAS, Galar lacked many Sinnoh mons before BDSP and PLA) Whilst there's a high probability of SCVI DLC being the next thing on the chopping block (For a whole ton of lore related reasons I'm not gonna mention rn), it's highly likely we'll be getting some Unova based games this generation.
To continue on this:
There's been a weird amount of Unova callbacks these past couple games.
In the big city from Scarlet and violet there's a guy playing guitar and when you approach him you hear the guitar playing on top of the cities theme music, something that only Generation 5 did before then

They kinda brought back the thing where the Gym leaders last Pokemon has a theme song associated with it, something Gen 5 did.

They randomly added new Pokemon associated with Generation 5 in Legends along with the fact that Ingo is the only returning character in the current era of Pokemon. A Gen 5 character.

The Pokestars studios Logo is on Iono's gym trainer clothes, Pokestar studios a thing from BW2.

I'm basically building a conspiracy theory blackboard around this idea that will most definitely be outdated by the time February rolls around.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So for ****s and giggles I tried giving the past Paradox mons proper Pokémon names.

Great Tusk-Mastodonphan
Brute Bonnet-Amoonster
Scream Tail-Jigglygruff
Flutter Mane-Misgrievous
Sandy Shocks-Cragnemite
Slither Wing-Brawlcorona
Roaring Moon-Lunamence

Might do the future ones later :drshrug:
Shout-out to a fake name leak before the datamines that gave Brute Bonnet the name "Ungaboongus"

Needless to say, we were robbed.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Good news: Strange World is out!
Bad news: It's not doing too well in theaters, unfortunately...
Not surprising considering how little marketing there was and what little marketing was there did not show the film in the best light.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So yeah, this Thanksgiving was pretty awful lol.

My mother has not gotten past my grandma's death at the beginning of the year and

Whew boy it was a ****show when the food wasn't 'exactly' like her mom's cooking.

Tbh, I dunno if she'll ever get past her grief.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Whether you celebrate Thanksgiving or not, hope y’all enjoyed your Thursday

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Well, It has been quite a long while since I last talked with ya'll, so let's try to do some quick catch up, sha'll we? Gonna use spoiler tags as to not flood the chat of course.
-Well, first and foremost I finally went back to university... And It is going great! I'm passing every exam with good success, I made a lot of new friends in my class and the overall enviroment has been really healthy and strong. We truly are doing a lot of great things at class, and I'm proud of It. Thinking I'm doing well enough at shaping up my future as an English teacher.

-I declared to my Crush. It went way better than I expected! We still aren't a couple, but she told me she is quite proud of having known me and that she wishes to stay with me for as long as possible. So It is quite a great start.

-My family... Is actually doing stuff to improve our relationship! And they are doing a cool job at It. There hasn't been any major Family drama in over 12 months or any weird chapter, and things have been really chill overall, so that's nice and relieving.

-On some minor stuff, I got a PS5 and recently a 4K TV! Been playing Ratchet & Clank, Miles Morales, Pac-Man World Re-Pac, Sonic Frontiers, Klonoa, Horizon Forbidden West and some more cool games. All great stuff.

-Been going to the psychologist a lot, she has helped me a lot to gain a lot of mental peace. I have reflected on a lot of stuff from the past and seen how I am today and I feel at a healthier mental state. There's still room for improvement, but I'm not the emotional Wreck I used to be. All awesome stuff.

-My IRL Friends are all doing great too! (At least as far as I know). We are still doing meetups, we met for my birthday to go watch Black Adam all together and we even reunited with my old Friends from our old group. Things are overall way better between us.

So yeah, overall really nice stuff. Quite proud of everything I have achieved this year.
And with all said, I think It is time to owe an apology to three people in concrete.
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna @Lamperouge @Wademan94 ok, so I know we haven't talked in a really long time, and I was extremely rude to the three of you back then. Ya'll tried your hardest to be near me... And I kinda treated the three of you like poop.

I didn't realize It back then because I was an emotional wreckage as I said earlier... But yeah, ya'll deserved better. And I hope that with this new mindstate I have achieved, with all the successes I have gotten and just the brighter mood inside my head... We can all make the experience for everyone here as pleasing as possible.

So yeah, sorry for being quite the jerk back then. I forgive the three of you for all the actions I took and wish the best for the three of you.
And yeah, with all that said... Let's get to it! For a good end of year!

Having a chill night my dear friend! How are you enjoying Pokémon Scarlet & Violet and Ash's recent victory :)

Nah, I've seen people who weren't that excited for Frontiers and It is fair.

Not every Game is made for everyone :)
I really should be asleep right now but aye welcome back!

D

Deleted member

Good morning ya'll! Just read all the messages. Glad ya"ll are happy for my return!

I also have been playing Scarlet & Violet and I do agree with Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Noipoi Noipoi and the other people who wrote me. It is kinda buggy but what I played is really fun in humour, I really enjoy the characters+the Story way more this time which is neat and the Gameplay can be quite enjoyable. Easily a really good time.

D

Deleted member

Hm, I was wondering something about Pokémon Scarlet. Wondering if any of you could help me out.

Basically I already completed the Legendary Beasts missions (just need to beat the ending of that route) and currently I miss one medal and one Team Star Battle. The problem is that It seems my team is severely underleveled (around level 44 when my opponents all have level 60-so mons), and since Pokemon Bank isn't compatible yet with the game I was wondering if ya'll had any good feedback to either grind levels or get my team to the proper pace.

Thanks Jondolio! Nice to see you again!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Hm, I was wondering something about Pokémon Scarlet. Wondering if any of you could help me out.

Basically I already completed the Legendary Beasts missions (just need to beat the ending of that route) and currently I miss one medal and one Team Star Battle. The problem is that It seems my team is severely underleveled (around level 44 when my opponents all have level 60-so mons), and since Pokemon Bank isn't compatible yet with the game I was wondering if ya'll had any good feedback to either grind levels or get my team to the proper pace.

Thanks Jondolio! Nice to see you again!
Honestly auto battle makes grinding in this game really easy. Just find a place with Pokémon that are weak to your Pokémon's types and it will probably take you about 30 minutes tops to get your team to the right levels.

Honestly I envy you since my team was severely overleveled throughout most of the game due to me catching pretty much every Pokémon I saw and battling most trainers. They may be optional but old habits die hard

D

Deleted member

Honestly auto battle makes grinding in this game really easy. Just find a place with Pokémon that are weak to your Pokémon's types and it will probably take you about 30 minutes tops to get your team to the right levels.

Honestly I envy you since my team was severely overleveled throughout most of the game due to me catching pretty much every Pokémon I saw and battling most trainers. They may be optional but old habits die hard
Will try to do a lot of autobattles then, thanks Jondolio!

Edit: was browsing Discord when I found something which might interest osby osby and Speed Weed Speed Weed
Not sure yet if there's Gameplay footage besides what's shown in the article, but I find It interesting that the level shown uses Hidden Palace Zone assets from Sonic 2.

Reading some replies It seems that this Game was at one point intended to be a Donkey Kong Country-kind of deal where It was a spin-off/side series to the Sonic franchise, which would explain the use of these assets.

Really curious stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I've been thinking a lot about how they would be able to handle DLC for Pokémon Scarlet, and I feel that something quite ideal would be to use a setting inspired by the Canary Islands (the place I live in funny enough).

Not only are subtropical islands a really interesting setting for DLC with the towns, cities, beaches, volcanos and forests; but you could also justify them being separated from Paldea in the map with the IRL distance between Spain and the Islands (with the latter being at the left of Africa), this also making for a really good excuse to justify them being loaded into the game separatedly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Welp, I guess I 100% am gonna get Pokemon Scarlet now because both my BF & half my friendgroup are super into it right now

I need a reason to justify my nintendo switch online sub anyway besides Splatoon 3, lol.

D

Deleted member

Welp, I guess I 100% am gonna get Pokemon Scarlet now because both my BF & half my friendgroup are super into it right now

I need a reason to justify my nintendo switch online sub anyway besides Splatoon 3, lol.
Lol, everyone in my friends group is also playing the game. On launch day we were all sending screenshots to each other with our teams and everything.

And yeah I personally am currently using the NSO subscription for the profile icons and the N64 games such as Banjo-Kazooie (which btw, in case Noipoi Noipoi reads this I ended up really liking a lot and enjoy exploring the open maps It has) or the upcoming Goldeneye. Feeling they need to spice Up the content with the service and improve some of the servers for certain games.

Top Bottom