• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • None

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Forgot to mention this yesterday regarding Fortnite but they are now starting to allow users to disable “confrontational” emotes. There are four on the list at this time:

1. Laugh it Up (laughing emote)
2. Take the L (dancing emote with the character making a finger L above their head)
3. Whipcrack (Catwoman’s emote involving a whip)
4. Make it Plantain (player throws out banana peels)

Naturally, the community isn’t happy about this, even though 1. It’s a toggleable setting, 2. It only applies to what the other player sees (the user doing it is unchanged), and 3. The last two on the list have had some… unfortunate implications recently.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Forgot to mention this yesterday regarding Fortnite but they are now starting to allow users to disable “confrontational” emotes. There are four on the list at this time:

1. Laugh it Up (laughing emote)
2. Take the L (dancing emote with the character making a finger L above their head)
3. Whipcrack (Catwoman’s emote involving a whip)
4. Make it Plantain (player throws out banana peels)

Naturally, the community isn’t happy about this, even though 1. It’s a toggleable setting, 2. It only applies to what the other player sees (the user doing it is unchanged), and 3. The last two on the list have had some… unfortunate implications recently.
Nothing makes Gamers(TM) angrier than completely optional features that don't affect them.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
What were the worst enemy placement and traps that you got?
Worst traps I got were probably spawning right next to poison multiple times. Also falling rocks, I don't know who thought it was a good idea to have instakill hazards rain on you from the sky, especially during boss battles.

Worst enemy placement probably goes to the times the game chose to put some really dangerous enemies in the first room like wollyhop, gattling groink or orange bulborb, but special mention to that one floor in dream den were a bulbear just casually falls out of the ****ing sky and devours your entire squad.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Back when FNaF was new I thought that the series needed to be on the Wii U because the technology of the gamepad and its motion sensors allowed for the camera feed to only be viable when you hold it up to your face, replicating in real life what the experience is intended to be like. Sadly, the Wii U was a flop and FNaF didn’t get into consoles in time for FNaF U to be a thing. Such a missed opportunity.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Back when FNaF was new I thought that the series needed to be on the Wii U because the technology of the gamepad and its motion sensors allowed for the camera feed to only be viable when you hold it up to your face, replicating in real life what the experience is intended to be like. Sadly, the Wii U was a flop and FNaF didn’t get into consoles in time for FNaF U to be a thing. Such a missed opportunity.
Honestly, I’m surprised FNaF didn’t launch on Wii U for the reasons you mentioned. It was definitely a missed opportunity.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Worst traps I got were probably spawning right next to poison multiple times. Also falling rocks, I don't know who thought it was a good idea to have instakill hazards rain on you from the sky, especially during boss battles.

Worst enemy placement probably goes to the times the game chose to put some really dangerous enemies in the first room like wollyhop, gattling groink or orange bulborb, but special mention to that one floor in dream den were a bulbear just casually falls out of the ****ing sky and devours your entire squad.
I have no idea how you spawned that close to poison multiple times as I've virtually never seen that happen. Was it literally right next to your spawn or did you have space to organize some White Pikmin or Bulbmin to take the traps out before any of your squad got hit by it?

The falling rocks and falling enemies are more questionable mechanics. I appreciate the added difficulty the former adds, but the rocks at least give you a warning via a sound effect and their shadows on the ground. The falling enemies' only warning is a puff of smoke and them visibly spawning out of nowhere in the air if your camera is angled to be able to see them, and it often leads to players being ambushed before they can do anything about whatever attacks the enemies use.

I personally don't mind the falling traps too much simply because of the ability to reset, but I also usually only ever reset in my runs because I got cornered by stronger enemies and lost a lot of Pikmin or because I was just doing poorly. Only exceptions were when a Spotty Bulbear or Gatling Groink spawned nearby, but both of those wandering enemies are exceptionally rare so that doesn't happen super often, either.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Quick Fortnite collab update time:

Hela and Hulk from Thor Ragnarok
A Death Trooper from Star Wars
More My Hero Academia, with Toga and Shigaraki amongst the candidates

In non Fortnite news, Totally Spies season 7 comes out next month.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

I have no idea how you spawned that close to poison multiple times as I've virtually never seen that happen. Was it literally right next to your spawn or did you have space to organize some White Pikmin or Bulbmin to take the traps out before any of your squad got hit by it?

The falling rocks and falling enemies are more questionable mechanics. I appreciate the added difficulty the former adds, but the rocks at least give you a warning via a sound effect and their shadows on the ground. The falling enemies' only warning is a puff of smoke and them visibly spawning out of nowhere in the air if your camera is angled to be able to see them, and it often leads to players being ambushed before they can do anything about whatever attacks the enemies use.

I personally don't mind the falling traps too much simply because of the ability to reset, but I also usually only ever reset in my runs because I got cornered by stronger enemies and lost a lot of Pikmin or because I was just doing poorly. Only exceptions were when a Spotty Bulbear or Gatling Groink spawned nearby, but both of those wandering enemies are exceptionally rare so that doesn't happen super often, either.
I have no idea why the poison mishaps are a thing. What version of the game are you playing? It might be version specific bug.

Also I somehow totally forgot about the Ninja Bulbear lmao

Absolutely ****ed but I love it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
At the risk of coming off as a Hello Kitty girl, I really need some more Hello Kitty merch
Make him clean the house. He's the one who decided to visit :239:
That would work if the ************ wasnt taller then me 😥

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Finally hung out with my friends for the first time in a while. Those mother****ers are so busy that they barely have time to see me (I am also busy)

We did something that we rarely do in my social circle and gushed about anime, and one of my friends is nearly caught up with One Piece so I can talk to them about it

Noipoi

Howdy!
There was a big spring party thing at my school and I didn’t go.

I should’ve went. I’m beating myself over the fact that I didn’t. But I still feel like I don’t belong among normal people so I just went home and watched Netflix. And I wonder why I don’t have a social life.

This has been your weekly update in the Noipoi becomes a deranged hermit saga :nifty:

Top Bottom