• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
allegations never being beaten
They're missing the best part
View attachment 372500
side quest finna have us Morb
Look how well that turned out for Mulan…
…forgot that existed

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I honestly can't remember if I've seen the real The Little Mermaid from start to finish or not.

I should probably watch it.
Same. I might have watched it as a really little kid, but aside from the songs, I don't remember anything.

One of these days, I want to sit down and watch all of animated Disney movies in order of release.

Noipoi

Howdy!

For real this time?
I could be holding the HOME update in my hands and I still wouldn't believe it at this point

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Shroob

Sup?
Seriously though, glad the update's finally coming. Even if they really pushed the definition of early 2023, and jebaited us when it was entirely unnecessary.

I wonder if the 7-Star raids are over now.
I doubt it. The 7 Star Raids are still Hashtag Engagement for the game.

Cause god knows there's no postgame to speak of unless you shiny hunt or are into online.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I doubt it. The 7 Star Raids are still Hashtag Engagement for the game.

Cause god knows there's no postgame to speak of unless you shiny hunt or are into online.
Well in that case, when are they coming back?

That glitch ****ed everything up, Chesnaught completely missed it's second appearance. We were supposed to be fighting Rillaboom or something by now lmao

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Looks like the stomach cramp I’ve had since Sunday is reaching its end. I’ve been to the dr and they said I’m fine. But it still hurts.

I’ll spare you the details, but the process of how I’m fixing it reminds me of Pikmin destroying a wall.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Did you WATCH the Little Mermaid remake?
If not, then you shouldn't make such a claim.
You can judge a movie just from its trailer though especially for example if it's from the same director. All these live-action Disney remakes have been ******. The Lion King, Pinocchio, Mulan, Aladdin? Do I need to say more?

If they're from Disney, expect the same.

Long story short, you don't need to see a movie to know it's gonna be bad. Especially if its a movie that's a sequel and from the same director for example.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
XENOBLADE PLAYER ICONS

My platinum points are going to be hurt so ****ing bad

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
To this day, I'm still baffled on how Sakurai and "kid friendly" games from other companies can sneak in nightmare fuel every now and then.
Screenshot_20230525_202359.jpg

When I first faced Marx in World of Light, it reignited a fear for that armless cosmic jester. Especially since he was also created by Sakurai.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Looks like the stomach cramp I’ve had since Sunday is reaching its end. I’ve been to the dr and they said I’m fine. But it still hurts.

I’ll spare you the details, but the process of how I’m fixing it reminds me of Pikmin destroying a wall.
It was hard being gods bravest warrior this morning because my breakfest gave me instant upset tummy. My stomach didnt seem to like my Grits and Eggs

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So called "animation fans" when Disney cuts the Gargoyles (plz)
View attachment 372493
Nah man, not only are they gonna be rendered in off-putting CGI, they’re also gonna add in a female one

Mulan's better off if you look at it as a retelling instead of a remake. Disney just really screwed up the marketing with that one.
It even failed in that aspect, there’s nothing positive to say about that movie tbh

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Other Spiderverse reviews say there are some major surprise cameos.

I can’t wait to see miles kick this man’s ass:
9389B91B-8761-43A9-B504-7860A2EE6B34.jpeg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Mario movie just surpassed the 2019 Lion King movie domestically!

Definitely deserves it. Here's to hoping it tops it WW as well!

KillerCage

Smash Master
You can judge a movie just from its trailer though especially for example if it's from the same director. All these live-action Disney remakes have been ******. The Lion King, Pinocchio, Mulan, Aladdin? Do I need to say more?

If they're from Disney, expect the same.

Long story short, you don't need to see a movie to know it's gonna be bad. Especially if its a movie that's a sequel and from the same director for example.
A Trailer should give potential costumers all of the information they need to decide to see a particular movie. HOWEVER, you could get an amazing trailer for a &0@$#!+ film (Suicide Squad being an example) or a lame trailer for an awesome movie (Edge of Tomorrow was done dirty by its trailers). I'll say the Jungle Book remake was decent, but can't say anything on most of the other remakes because I wasn't interested in watching them.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Removing Mushu and the songs already put the Mulan remake in sour territory, imo. But both the original story and a new take on the story still could've worked without Mulan having a sidekick, and the incredible character development could've easily been written without musical numbers like I'll Make a Man Out of You.

The story and characters went into such utterly bizarre directions though that it pretty much killed any chance of it being a decent movie, let alone as a remake.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Removing Mushu and the songs already put the Mulan remake in sour territory, imo. But both the original story and a new take on the story still could've worked without Mulan having a sidekick, and the incredible character development could've easily been written without musical numbers like I'll Make a Man Out of You.

The story and characters went into such utterly bizarre directions though that it pretty much killed any chance of it being a decent movie, let alone as a remake.
Ill take no I'll Make a Man Out of You slander here

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ill take no I'll Make a Man Out of You slander here
Oh, don't get me wrong, removing the iconic songs was definitely one of the absolute worst decisions about the film. A live-action version of the song and the scene itself had tons of potential. Heck, I'll Make a Man Out of You is probably tied for my favorite Disney song of all time.

But if they absolutely HAD to change anything major about the film for the remake...they still could've told the original story without it or the other songs. It just would've been a lot less fun or interesting.

The final product was even worse than less fun or interesting, imo. The removal of Mushu and the songs was just the expired icing on the badly burnt cake.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
oh **** I think I’m getting close to beating TOTK and all I feel is fear
Still on sky islands to acquiring the needed powers.......I am definitely going to hoard food, weapons, shields, bows, rupees and materials. While always have cooked meals at them ready.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I was about to launch into a rant about the stuff I hated about the Wendy movie, though I’ll just say I’m impressed with how many boxes it’s checked off my list of things I hate about modern Hollywood, like all I can do is laugh in disappointment. The only positive thing I can say is that at least they didn’t have enough faith in this project to release it in theaters.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I will say this: though I don't really think they're better than their animated counterparts, I do hope that kids get the same enjoyment with this remakes as I did when I warched the originals.

I'm just thinking that I gotta work tomorrow when Little Mermaid is showing, and I hope these little girls (and guys too) in the theaters can enjoy Ariel the way my sister did.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I mean tbh the live action remakes are fine movies. Like for the most part they're servicable films, it's just they're kinda uneccesary. I did see a couple and most were moderately enjoyable, but I don't think any one is better the animated film.
I thought Beauty and the Beast and Jungle Book were fine.

I thought Maleficent was weird.

I thought that the rest are just...boring at best.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I thought Maleficent was weird.

I thought that the rest are just...boring at best.
Aladdin was interesting because they tried to be more culturally sensitive (and I'm not gonna lie, as much as I liked the original, it has not aged well in a lot of aspects), and Jasmine was handled significantly better here than the movie, but then they had stuff Will Smith Genie's godawful CGI. Lion King was the exact same movie except they're hyper realistic which did like zero favors, and Dumbo sucked then and it sucks now.

Maleficent was weird though, like it was some kinda of reverse stockhokm syndrome movie idk it was something.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It kinda feels sad that the higher ups at Disney pour money into projects that have a toxic and regressive handling of progressive values (like the ironically anti-feminine way of handling female empowerment) while projects that have actual progressive values get canned early (The Owl House)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Jack Black on iCarly is still one of the greatest guest appearances a Nickelodeon show has ever had

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Beauty and the Beast wasn’t the ABSOLUTE worse but I hate it on a personal level because the original is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time and I really feel like they botched a lot of the story and character writing.

Top Bottom