• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

• Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That "To Be Continued" hit like a 19999 ton truck even though i knew it would happen. **** was getting good and then BAM, we see that. I did not want to leave my seat
better to get hit with that than getting hit by a bullet train made in Earth 199999 like MCU Spidey did
A damn shame. smh

That said, correct me if I'm wrong, I thought they didn't end up using the version of the film she saved anyway?

I remember listening to the What A Cartoon Podcast on this a few months ago, and while it's an amazing story (Toy Story 2's development and many many scrapped versions), that it came with that major caveat. That they started back at square one regardless.
if that’s true then even worse

Shroob

Sup?
So uh

How long will Pokemon Home hold stuff in transit for?

I transferred a bunch of regional forms from Pokemon GO to Home, but my Home box is full.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
if that’s true then even worse
I should really subscribe on Pateron to What A Cartoon so I can get the full 4 hour plus movie podcasts (I think Roger Rabbit was 6 hours). I've loved the free ones they released for Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast. From what I've listened to regarding early Pixar is mostly just how badly they were screwed over by Disney.

I think there were around 4 separate versions of Toy Story 2 and the one she saved was the second to last version that still included major story differences from the final. I think it was Pixar's decision to scrap it as opposed to Disney.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh wow, so here's a neat Spiderverse fact:

A link to this guys page as well
Here’s another great detail:

The poster outlines the entire plot and ending brilliantly.

Spoilers obviously but only if you click alt on the image:

Shroob

Sup?
Fixed my Pokemon GO/Home issue(For the cost of 2.99).

Now I got a couple regional forms ready for whenever the DLC drops. That, and a bunch of starters.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I watched Across the Spider-Verse this afternoon - no Japanese Spider-Man or Leopardon, and not enough Mayday. 0/10.

(seriously, though, it was a solid movie, though I kind of wish they were able to do it all in one part)

Also, I liked how they left the door open for Michael Keaton to be sent back to the MCU, how J.K. Simmons was a multiversal constant for the voice of J. Jonah Jameson, and Donald Glover's appearance as what appeared to be the MCU's version of the Prowler.

Miguel's role in the plot felt like it was commentary, though I'm not sure whether it was meant to comment on toxic parts of the fanbase that can't accept that Miles is Spider-Man, Marvel keeping Peter in a very strict cycle and not allowing him to grow, both of those things, or if I'm reading too much into it. The toxic fan part, at least, felt very intentional.

I realize I have a lot on my plate in terms of shows, but once I'm finished with Justice League (I have one more episode to go in Justice League Unlimited season 2 (Epilogue), and then I'll just have to watch season 3), I'll look into Spectacular Spider-Man - I've heard it's one of Marvel's better animated shows along with Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and I loved Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I realize I have a lot on my plate in terms of shows, but once I'm finished with Justice League (I have one more episode to go in Justice League Unlimited season 2 (Epilogue), and then I'll just have to watch season 3), I'll look into Spectacular Spider-Man - I've heard it's one of Marvel's better animated shows along with Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and I loved Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
as an unbiased fan of the series, I can confirm that you’ll love Spectacular Spider-Man. Best Spider-Man series with and has Peter’s best VA (whose one line in the movie hit hella hard before Miles ran away from the Spider-Society)

Shroob

Sup?
So uhhhh

I've ran into a bit of a snag for my Living Dex.

I didn't realize Alolan Raichu was in the game.

.....anyone got a spare one without a nickname? :drshrug:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
also
Also this would be crazy for the third Spiderverse:
with Dan Slott bringing back the Superior Spider-Man (somehow), it’d be a decent way to hype up a movie adaptation of the character

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I watched Across the Spider-Verse this afternoon - no Japanese Spider-Man or Leopardon, and not enough Mayday. 0/10.

(seriously, though, it was a solid movie, though I kind of wish they were able to do it all in one part)

Also, I liked how they left the door open for Michael Keaton to be sent back to the MCU, how J.K. Simmons was a multiversal constant for the voice of J. Jonah Jameson, and Donald Glover's appearance as what appeared to be the MCU's version of the Prowler.

Miguel's role in the plot felt like it was commentary, though I'm not sure whether it was meant to comment on toxic parts of the fanbase that can't accept that Miles is Spider-Man, Marvel keeping Peter in a very strict cycle and not allowing him to grow, both of those things, or if I'm reading too much into it. The toxic fan part, at least, felt very intentional.

You’re not wrong about the commentary. It was very intentional:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If it gets delayed, I'm just gonna hibernate until it comes out. Last y'all will ever hear from me until then
delayed or not I will be seated on the nearest high building possible for the best of cinema

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So I peeped Spider-man

just hearing Yuri Lowenthal made me happy, that "To Be contiued" part is evil and TheMightyP TheMightyP i too was a bit to hyped about Donald Glover showing up
Josh and Yuri Spideys need to return for Beyond, while Donald’s Prowler is demanded for an MCU return
The finale is gonna have Martin Scorsese jumping up and saying it's peak cinema
watch him end up directing a Spider-Man movie due to being converted by cinema

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Just found out that the ESRB rating for Everybody 1-2 Switch! lists alcohol reference.

Interesting...
Probably in relation to cooking if anything, Cooking Mama and Kingdom Hearts 3 had similar listings even though it's rated E/E10+.

Now consumption straight up raises it, that's why you don't see Sora piss drunk or Cooking Mama absolutely faded.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
You people, I was trying to somewhat temper my expectations for Spiderverse because the original is one of my favorite movies of all time and I don't want to be disappointed.

I was already on the Hype Train but now it is going at full speed. It kills me that I have no clue when I will end up seeing it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So like, is Furfrou the GTS's new meme Pokemon since it's impossible to get one on a Switch title?

Like, basically everything on here is "Wanted: 91-100 Furfrou".

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So like, is Furfrou the GTS's new meme Pokemon since it's impossible to get one on a Switch title?

Like, basically everything on here is "Wanted: 91-100 Furfrou".
Furfrou's always been massively asked for on the GTS for its different forms.

Shroob

Sup?
"Oh, speaking of the GTS.... maybe now's a good time to dump a bunch of my Shiny Paradox mons and try to fish for a Diance/Magearna---"

That is a special Pokemon, you cannot trade for it!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You people, I was trying to somewhat temper my expectations for Spiderverse because the original is one of my favorite movies of all time and I don't want to be disappointed.

I was already on the Hype Train but now it is going at full speed. It kills me that I have no clue when I will end up seeing it.

Shhhhhh...
20230604_091051.png

Let the excitement build up so that instead of your mind being overwhelmed when watching by how good it ended up being despite lowered expectations, you get to appreciate every little thing you see

Top Bottom