• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

• Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Cat Quest 3

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
TOTK and 1 2 Switch 2 both in 2023…after BOTW and 1 2 Switch in 2017…all while Mario Kart 8 is still making bank for Nintendo, and a Mario project causing the world to have a legendary song stuck in peoples heads…

man I better be getting a new major Mario game at this rate
This + Super Bomberman R 2 are going to be a throwback to the early Switch days

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Was 1-2 Switch really that hated?

I never played it myself but it seemed more like a game with a neutral reception compared to Wii Sports and it's sequels at worst.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m not gonna be able to get SF6 for a while. But the fact that everyone is in love with it and it’s metacritic is so high right now bugs me.

I know I sound like the embodiment of the “quit having fun” meme but man. I’m still mad about so many of 6’s creative decisions and where they put their time and money in development so far and I just wish I heard other people who were complaining about the same things so I didn’t feel so stupid. Like, why can’t everyone else dislike this thing I don’t like too? Why do the things I hate always become so popular? Why can’t it just be the other way around?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m not gonna be able to get SF6 for a while. But the fact that everyone is in love with it and it’s metacritic is so high right now bugs me.

I know I sound like the embodiment of the “quit having fun” meme but man. I’m still mad about so many of 6’s creative decisions and where they put their time and money in development so far and I just wish I heard other people who were complaining about the same things so I didn’t feel so stupid. Like, why can’t everyone else dislike this thing I don’t like too? Why do the things I hate always become so popular? Why can’t it just be the other way around?
You've been afflicted with a terrible condition known as unpopular opinion-itis.

Shroob

Sup?
Landorus

Great Tusk

Ursaluna

Garchomp may be out of a job for an OU Ground type with competition like this...

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, with summer here. Another Nintendo Direct is due. So, what game announcements are you predicting?

For me, I don't have much since my speculation is burnt out due to Ultimate's DLC ended, Tears of the Kingdom and real life currently.
Screenshot_20230128_090802.jpg

Still, here is my list
Pizza tower on console? (Maybe it is still too early to migrate.)
Pokemon announcement. (Though most news is associated with Pokémon Direct.)
Everything else is in the fog.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ursaluna seems pretty good but it's still a pokemon with really bad speed, no priority and no reliable recovery, who's health will slowly get chipped by flame orb.

I don't really play much competitive these days but I have a feeling that once people stop being wowed by the big numbers that it'll fall off just a tiny bit. Just from what I know of competitive theory.

Shroob

Sup?
Ursaluna seems pretty good but it's still a pokemon with really bad speed, no priority and no reliable recovery, who's health will slowly get chipped by flame orb.

I don't really play much competitive these days but I have a feeling that once people stop being wowed by the big numbers that it'll fall off just a tiny bit. Just from what I know of competitive theory.
On the flipside though, it can 1hko fully defensive Corviknight and Toxapex.

It's slow for sure, and does require support but, once it gets that it just mauls everything.

Like a bear.
Also, I just checked and I have just enough Galarica Twigs to evolve one Slowpoke.
Thanks mate, that's a huge help. I reckon I'll go for Slowbro this time.

Noipoi

Howdy!
On the flipside though, it can 1hko fully defensive Corviknight and Toxapex.

It's slow for sure, and does require support but, once it gets that it just mauls everything.

Like a bear.

Thanks mate, that's a huge help. I reckon I'll go for Slowbro this time.
Cool. You tryna trade now or…?

Shroob

Sup?
And thus, I've begun the hell of sorting my Living Dex.

Pray for me.

I still need a Galarian Slowking btw so if anyone has Gen 8 hit me up, I got a Slowpoke I can trade ya. :nifty:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The worst part about working in a theater is that you'll get spoiled on some scenes of the movie, and tough luck if it's a movie you wanna see.

This nornally isn't am issue for becaise I just deliver food which most do at the start of the movie, but for some reason, some Spiderverse watchers would not ****ing stop ordering when there eas like 10 minutes left in the movie and it got aggravating.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The worst part about working in a theater is that you'll get spoiled on some scenes of the movie, and tough luck if it's a movie you wanna see.

This nornally isn't am issue for becaise I just deliver food which most do at the start of the movie, but for some reason, some Spiderverse watchers would not ****ing stop ordering when there eas like 10 minutes left in the movie and it got aggravating.
...people in America order food in theaters? Where I come from, you either get your popcorn at the beginning of the movie or you don't

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...people in America order food in theaters? Where I come from, you either get your popcorn at the beginning of the movie or you don't
Here in the Netherlands there's an intermission halfway through every movie, most people like getting refills and snacks then. And according to a friend in Texas, it's normal to have pickles available as snacks there

Shroob

Sup?
3 boxes organized so far.

And lots of Quick Balls for 1st or 2nd stage Pokemon I no longer had.

This wouldn't take half as long if I wasn't including gender differences and alternate forms/form changes.

I'm still not sure how I'll organize Pokemon not actually in the Paldea Dex.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Was 1-2 Switch really that hated?

I never played it myself but it seemed more like a game with a neutral reception compared to Wii Sports and it's sequels at worst.
From my understanding it was just a mid launch title? not the best thing ever but sure as hell not the worst either, it was a way to showcase the more advanced features of the Joycons

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just finished watching Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3:

James Gunn's final film is certainly a smash hit for Marvel Studios which the film's story and character building were able to utilise the heart, humour and emotion. I'm really glad they get to flesh Rocket Raccoon's character a lot more throughout the film with his tragic backstory and Chukwudi Iwuji portrayed a really convincing villain with the High Evolutionary with malicious intentions.

But the post credits scenes were interesting which makes me wonder will the Guardians formed by Rocket Raccoon be featured within any of the future MCU films (without Gunn's direction), plus there was another post credit tease where it stated that "legendary Star-Lord will return" in which like the Guardians makes me wonder whether he will return and what will be in store for him (since he returned to Earth to reunite with his father.)

Overall rating: 8/10

I am excited with the amount of hype going on for Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse in which I do hope to see the film soon.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just finished watching Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3:

James Gunn's final film is certainly a smash hit for Marvel Studios which the film's story and character building were able to utilise the heart, humour and emotion. I'm really glad they get to flesh Rocket Raccoon's character a lot more throughout the film with his tragic backstory and Chukwudi Iwuji portrayed a really convincing villain with the High Evolutionary with malicious intentions.

But the post credits scenes were interesting which makes me wonder will the Guardians formed by Rocket Raccoon be featured within any of the future MCU films (without Gunn's direction), plus there was another post credit tease where it stated that "legendary Star-Lord will return" in which like the Guardians makes me wonder whether he will return and what will be in store for him (since he returned to Earth to reunite with his father.)

Overall rating: 8/10

I am excited with the amount of hype going on for Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse in which I do hope to see the film soon.
Star-Lord will probably be in Avengers: Secret Wars, in the comics which the MCU is going to be eventually featuring the X-Men, he and Kitty Pryde are gonna get romantically involved.

Also correction, his grandfather. Remember his father was Ego in the second film.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Star-Lord will probably be in Avengers: Secret Wars, in the comics which the MCU is going to be eventually featuring the X-Men, he and Kitty Pryde are gonna get romantically involved.

Also correction, his grandfather. Remember his father was Ego in the second film.
Ah yes, my mistake. I meant to say his grandfather, thanks for the correction.

Top Bottom