• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I will say though, given that Disney is intent on making Live Action remakes more realistic and tend to cut out the fun yet unimportant stuff, the live action Hunchback could be the definitive version of the film.
Hearing Frollo say "gypsy" in live action gonna hit different

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I will say though, given that Disney is intent on making Live Action remakes more realistic and tend to cut out the fun yet unimportant stuff, the live action Hunchback could be the definitive version of the film.
They're gonna be removing the song Hellfire as well as Frollo's love and lust for Esmeralda. Betting on this now, what we saw in the original film wouldn't get pass today.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They're gonna be removing the song Hellfire as well as Frollo's love and lust for Esmeralda. Betting on this now, what we saw in the original film wouldn't get pass today.
I’ve seen a PG Rated movie from the 70s with my family when I was little (something about some kids finding/hunting monsters or smth) and the kids alone say **** and **** at least ten times.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Hunchback remake got slightly delayed due to the actual Notre Dame Cathedral catching fire a few years ago.

Even if it probably wasn't, had it been closer to being complete and released a while back I bet it would've been delayed since I doubt people were in the mood to see a fight scene taking place on the building while it's surrounded by molten copper and burning fires.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They could honestly go for the musical's way of handling Frodo, where he's a kind, beloved figure but behind closed doors he's an absolute demon, especially when he's smitten with Esmerelda and abuses his reputation to lust for her.

You know, like every other ****ing priest

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They could honestly go for the musical's way of handling Frodo, where he's a kind, beloved figure but behind closed doors he's an absolute demon, especially when he's smitten with Esmerelda and abuses his reputation to lust for her.

You know, like every other ****ing priest
I mean maybe, but some people are just nasty up front and behind doors.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
All I know is whoever they get to play Esmeralda better be fine af
Frollo saw a bad darkskin once and wenr ****ing feral, just like me fr
Oh yeah no absolutely, but Frollo's more complex in the musical and this fits the gothic nature of the source material while also being more 'mature and realistic' like what some of the remakes seem to be going for
Ah ok, I haven't seen the musical (nor really any musical), but yeah now I think I see what you mean

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
LMAO The Flash continues becoming the trainwreck it is.

Christopher Reeve's Superman, or more accurately Christopher Reeve's face CGI'd onto someone else's body.

Only reason people are likely going to see this is due to nostalgia aka Michael Keaton Batman. Basically DCEU's No Way Home at this point.
Somewhat unrelated but they should make a Cyborg movie

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
New Helluva Boss merchandise has dropped on the VivziePop store and one of the items is an enamel pin of Barbie Wire (Blitzø's sister).

Will she finally appear in the show soon?

Dukefire

Smash Master
To me, live action movies based on the animated versions, books or originality could either be
ok: Aladdin 2019 (we all can admit, it will never replace Robin William's magic as Genie. Still, ok movie.)
cringe: (Cats...........don't even)
or awesome.
MV5BMjAwMzAzMzExOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTcwMDA5MTE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It wouldn’t get a pass in an animated kids movie. But in a live action movie for “adults” like these remakes tend to be. Yeah I think they could do it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It wouldn’t get a pass in an animated kids movie. But in a live action movie for “adults” like these remakes tend to be. Yeah I think they could do it.
Disney tho.

And given how Disney is nowadays, they tend to water it down. Don't forget parents nowadays would complain about its "darkness".

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ok, you got me. I don't go feral, I just say and do absolutely nothing in hopes that she starts a convo first (never happens) cause I'm a coward and have 0 game.
You don’t need rizz, you just need to execute your QTEs better so you don’t spill spaghetti out of your pockets when you initiate combat the conversation. :shades:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Look how well that turned out for Mulan…

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This time I drew Starfire again, in a full body piece, since last time, it was only a bust shot.

Managed to cook up a good bit of art, and updated some of my older pieces. Might play some PS2 later though.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
2 New Rune Factory games and 2 new Story Of Seasons games is such a W that it might be the best announcement for me personally for this whole summer. Depends on what else is left this year.

A New Daemon X Machina is also cool, I never played much of the first one because the controls were really awkward on switch, But I heard the PC version is better.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think there are other dormant Capcom franchises that could do with a potential revival.
PSVR2 or Switch Port could work for Zack and Wiki. At least if it keeps the intended motion controls in tact that is.

But for me, Viewtiful Joe or Darkstalkers would be ideal Capcom game revivals.

Not counting Mega Man/DMC/Strider, since those games did come back, but I'd say they should have MORE.

Top Bottom