• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • None

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That new Spidey game does look kinda peak, I didn't play Spidey 1 but I do got a PS4 (no PS5). Maybe I should check out the Playstation library a bit more, they usually permanently discount their best games which is pretty great for a broke ass like me, given that the company I gravitate towards doesn't do that like ever.

So with that said, what are the best PS4 games out there?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That new Spidey game does look kinda peak, I didn't play Spidey 1 but I do got a PS4 (no PS5). Maybe I should check out the Playstation library a bit more, they usually permanently discount their best games which is pretty great for a broke ass like me, given that the company I gravitate towards doesn't do that like ever.

All the Yakuza games (start with 0 then K1, K2, 3, 4, 5 then 6 for Kiryu's story or just start with LaD as it's a soft reboot that starts Ichiban's story. There's also Judgment and Lost Judgment as a canon spin-off series and Ishin as a Bakumatsu period piece but with Yakuza characters playing the roles of the historical figures. There's also the Fist of the North Star crossover which is fairly solid and has the original Japanese actors for the Yakuza cast as the FotNS cast so Kiryu's VA is Kenshiro and Majima's is Jagi etc. LaD, both Judgment games and FotNS also have English dubs and the former three are excellent, the latter is fairly solid)
Bloodborne is amazing
God of War is fun
People speak highly about Gravity Rush
Until Dawn is a shockingly good interactive horror movie (YMMV on the "holding the controller still" segments)
Uncharted Nathan Drake collection + 4 and Lost Legacy make for a solid series.
FF7R is really good
RE7, Village, 2 remake, 3 remake and 4 remake
Devil May Cry V
Nioh 2 is a really good more action-oriented Dark Souls style game from the Ninja Gaiden devs
Elden Ring is fantastic
Live A Live so we can get a sequel
Nier Replicant and Nier Automata are both fantastic titles

Well, that's it, wrap it up. GOTY has already been achieved.

Also lmao at Geoff Keighley trying not to acknowledge the MGS announcements. Funny how his principles begin and end with Kojima
Notice me Kojima-senpai

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People are thinking the final boss of spider man is gonna be Peter versus.

But nah that’s not happening.

The first trailer made it pretty obvious, it’s gonna Be Venomized Kraven.

It makes the most sense given the story.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Have we seen Gwen Stacy in Spidey 2 yet?
No, and given the fact that MJ and Black car are both love interests in this game, and the fact there’s a clock tower set to the exact time of Gwen’s death,

She’s uh… probably dead in this universe one way or another.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm just now finding out that Shaggy is William Afton in the FNAF movie
“Zoinks! Like, these ghost kids sure are scary! Think I’ll just hide in this here old rabbit suit and- AAHHHHH SCOOB GET ME OUT OF HERE-“

“…ugh…huh…? Uh, like, what happened? My whole body hurts…

…aw dang it. L-like, man, am I the g-g-g-ghost now…?” cue laugh track

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

You can go for CastleVania Requiem which is the only way to play SotN on modern consoles iirc, though it doesn't have the iconic ps1 dub. Schnee mentioned a ton of good ones I can back up but I happen to know that Ys Origin and Ys 8 are on sale for 15 euros total, chances are the US has a sale there too and while they both have Switch ports, 8 really shouldn't be on the Switch's potato hardware

EDIT: Get the Spiderman DLC too, I saw the trailer has a sneak peak at Wraith who's gonna confuse the **** out of people who missed out on the DLC stories

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So The Little Mermaid remake.

It was alright. The animated versiom is superior for sure, there were things I did like, things I didn't like, but it was alright.

I can go more in depth, but book the next annoying "controversy" cause they changed it so Ariel kills Ursula inatead of Eric

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As part of my shared universe of the DCEU/Harry Potter/MonsterVerse/MCU/The Fast and the Furious. Here's another in-lore piece I thought of.

The "Zeus" that we see in Thor: Love and Thunder is actually Jupiter, Zeus' Roman counterpart, after Zeus and the other Olympians were killed by Ares' hands, he ended up taking his Greek counterpart's name and going with it since. The "Olympians" seen in Love and Thunder are actually their Roman counterparts, Hercules included (Which is his Roman name).

Granted this could change with future installments.

Other pieces of my worldbuilding I've shared before. There's no Fast and the Furious and Harry Potter as I decided to throw those in recently.

-Packard being a relative of Nick Fury.
-Asgardians, ancient Wakanda, and Titans banding together with humanity, Atlantis, Green Lanterns, Olympians, and Themsycira in the fight against Darkseid, Steppenwolf, and their forces in ancient history.
-Nick Fury was aware of Superman's arrival on earth and kept close tabs on him.
-Asgard and Krypton having had a history with one another and the former having tried to warn the latter of their inevitable doom but were dismissed.
-Atlantis, Asgard, Themyscira, and Olympus (When the Greek Gods were still around) knowing of the existence of titans and the role they play in ecosystems given already in the MonsterVerse that titans were responsible for many legends and myths regarding mythical creatures and gods (Just like how Asgardians inspired the legend of Norse Gods in the MCU). The relationship between them and benevolent titans would be at best mutual notably towards those like Godzilla and Mothra but otherwise would be at odds with destroyer titans like Scylla.
-Prior to his arrival on earth. King Ghidorah had a fearful reputation across the cosmos by civilizations equalling that of Darkseid.
-Captain America and Wonder Woman meeting during World War II.
-Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark being billionaire rivals. They both met each other lots as kids since both their parents when alive knew of each other attending the same parties.
-Prior to Krypton's destruction. Zod and his soldiers had a run-in with Yondu and the Ravagers.
-King Ghidorah was without a doubt probably the only being that Darkseid had ever developed a grudging respect for. He and Apokolips knows of King Ghidorah due to being just as feared by civilizations across the cosmos as they are of him and his planet.
-The Hidden Sea as depicted in the events of Aquaman is amongst the many hollow pockets connected to the center of the hollow earth from the MonsterVerse.
-Both Thor and Rodan once fought each other in the past when Rodan at some point appeared in Scandinavia terrorizing the people which prompted the Thunder God to engage. It was a long, withdrawn, and lengthy battle that eventually ended with Thor finally driving Rodan off. Like many legends and myths, this fight inspired one of those about Thor fighting a "Great Bird of Fire".
-Shazam was the first Sorcerer Supreme and taught the Ancient One.
-Bruce Wayne was one of the targets of Project Insight.
-One of Amanda Waller's many potential candidates for Task Force X included Baron Zemo.
-Captain Marvel/Billy Batson is one of the people capable of lifting Mjnojnir.
-By the end of Infinity War and during the events of Endgame. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Deadshot, Bloodsport, Harley Quinn, Rick Flagg, King Shark, Ratcatcher 2, Shazam/Billy Batson, Amanda Waller, James Gordon, Silas Stone, Mera, Starro, Peacemaker, Godzilla, Kong, half of the known titans and others were among those that survived The Blip.
-Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman, Captain Boomerang, Katana, Killer Croc, Polka Dot Man, Billy's foster parents and siblings, Rodan, and other half of the known titans and others were amongst the victims of The Blip.
-During the events of Endgame, due to Thanos' actions. Godzilla had a hard time in trying to keep balance of the earth.
-Similar to Scott Lang, Black Adam wasn't affected by The Blip since he was currently imprisoned. Same for Mothra as she remained in her egg.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I woke up as a girl syndrome, one of his short stories that recently got translated in Before Chainsaw Man 22-26. Bad title aside, that's a collection of a bunch of short stories he did before CSM and Fire Punch really took off
I should probably get these

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ranking of all the films I've seen so far this year.

1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
2. Cocaine Bear
3. The Super Mario Bros. Movie
4. Renfield
5. 65
6. Fast X
7. Shazam! Fury of the Gods
8. Chupa

List of other films I want to see: Missing, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, Sisu, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken, Meg 2: The Trench, Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm still laughing at the stuff Sony did Tuesday and yesterday's showcase

Sony: "We're pleased to announce the officially licensed mobile controller for Android!"
Sony the next day: "Hey, check out our Wii U controller!"

Sony: "We think Nintendo's brand momentum has been flat since 2018."
Sony the next day: "Hey, do you guys like Splatoon?"

I can't believe I'm not making this up.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
LMAO The Flash continues becoming the trainwreck it is.

Christopher Reeve's Superman, or more accurately Christopher Reeve's face CGI'd onto someone else's body.

Only reason people are likely going to see this is due to nostalgia aka Michael Keaton Batman. Basically DCEU's No Way Home at this point.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Real talk though nows probably not a bad time to mention that I'm like 80...90% sure I'm trans at this point, it's just that when the doubt hits (like right now) it his bad.

And I'm dreading trying to explain it my family. But I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So The Little Mermaid remake.

It was alright. The animated versiom is superior for sure, there were things I did like, things I didn't like, but it was alright.

I can go more in depth, but book the next annoying "controversy" cause they changed it so Ariel kills Ursula inatead of Eric
Alright, to list some pros and cons:
Pros:
  • Halle Bailey, Melissa McCartney, and Jonah Hauer King (Eric) did a fantastic job. Halle especially, she killed it which is kinda ironic considering she doesn't talk for half the film.
  • Songs were pretty good. They had a new rap song that was actually kinda fun, it took me by surprise and idk if it really fit but it was fun.
  • It wasn't really butchered, the plot was still intact and I did enjoy Ariel's and Eric's chemistry.
Cons:
  • The visuals, while good looking for the most part, does kinda fall flat given they went for super realism. Flounder was a bit distracting, but Under the Sea's visuals got nerfed hard due to realism.
  • Sebastian was probably the worst, the actor sounded super disinterested and showed like zero emotion throughout the entire movie. It was jarring and he was the only one like that.
  • They cut the chef. I know he wasn't that important but he's not in the film which kinda sucks given that it was just a fun couple minutes. The scene with him and Sebastian happened off screen.
Overall, i'd say it's like a 6-7/10

Top Bottom