• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know, I guess having over a decade of piss poor 3rd party support made Nintendo fans just reject the idea of 3rd party games.

Idk, my only guess why they hate partner directs
Look at this guy over here implying Ninjabread Man isn't the greatest game in all of creation.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know, I guess having over a decade of piss poor 3rd party support made Nintendo fans just reject the idea of 3rd party games.

It's because N64 is the only good Nintendo console and it had no third-party games.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wait, E3 was cancelled in 2020 due to the pandemic, and it was cancelled this year too. Both years have had Partners' Showcase instead of a regular Direct.

Is it just me, or does Nintendo need E3 to happen to avoid doing the Partners' Showcase?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Bayo 3 is more first party but since this is a “partner” showcase we could get news about it here

Im just curious to see which Iconic third party games get a switch port this tkme

Dukefire

Smash Master
I think we might get a little more news about Splatoon 3 since it will be released on September 9th

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Gonna go in a trip to the Aquarium of the Pacific with my sister today.

I've actually been dying to visit that place again since moving here and haven't really been abke to because of Covid. The fact that it was featured in the Amphibia finale was largely a coincidence. But the fact that it's now associated with one of my favorite shows is definitely a bonus.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Haunt race:

1656338998564.png

“I’m Haunt Dzolob. Even if it’s the last thing I’ll do, I’m gonna prove I’m not useless!”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Mayan mythology. A mysterious race of creatures created by the supreme god Hunab Ku. Hunab Ku had to renew the world thrice, as the water pouring from a sky serpent’s mouth flooded it twice. The third one is currently inhabited by humans. In the first world, dwarfs built great cities. The second world, however, was inhabited by the dzolob, or “offenders”, a dark and sinister species. Some say their vile nature caused Hunab Ku to remade their world.

Skills: Acrobat Kick, Pulinpa, Dekaja

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Deity race.

If you want an obscure figure, look no further than dzolob. I can’t comment on how well this design manages to capture the legendary figure because we don’t know much about them other than how much they suck. I can definitely see this demon as a bad guy though. He even has manacles because he’s punished or something.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm hoping we get a release date for Bayonetta 3, assuming that it's still going to be released this year.

As much as I want to get my hopes up for something from Rare (like a stand-alone Perfect Dark re-release; I don't see them putting it into the N64 Online app since that would bump its rating up to M) or Persona ports (at this point, those games not getting a Switch release comes across as Atlus intentionally messing with people), I'm concerned that this is going to turn out like the first Partner Direct, where there are barely any games featured and it's only a good Direct if you're a fan of one particular series. (though to be fair, I got both Shin Megami Tensei 3 featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series and Shin Megami Tensei 5)

I'm concerned that this is a sign that Nintendo has next-to-nothing planned for the rest of 2022 (since this is normally the time where they'd announce their plans for the back half of the year - as it stands, it's just Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 2, and Pokemon Scarlet/Violet), but I suppose Pokemon works pretty well as a holiday release; it's just a shame that they skipped out on what was already (in my opinion, anyway) a lacklustre pseudo-E3 season for no apparent reason.

EDIT: some Dragon Quest news would be nice, particularly the Octopath-style remake of Dragon Quest 3. I wouldn't say no to Final Fantasy news either.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Gonna go in a trip to the Aquarium of the Pacific with my sister today.

I've actually been dying to visit that place again since moving here and haven't really been abke to because of Covid. The fact that it was featured in the Amphibia finale was largely a coincidence. But the fact that it's now associated with one of my favorite shows is definitely a bonus.
Zach when he sees a frog
Cj-XRxyVEAAQLxW.jpg

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Nah, they are just salty mother****ers that only care abiut first party games and like to pretend people like Atlus , ect dont exsist

I woke uo and im choosing violence tiday and I refuse to go to jail

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The only persona game i care for is P4, so if that shows up, its a win for me
Yeah, but consider: port beggars getting monkey's paw
In that case, Id consider that divine retribution and the port Beggars got what they deserved even if it means I'm unhappy about the situation

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Idk, people seemed to think porting P3P and not Fes was an Atlus Moment™️
That's because some Persona fans have a weird thing against visual novels. P4AU also got some heat for that upon its rerelease.

I think it's a kinda weird complaint to have. 95% of Persona plots are conveyed through dialogue anyway, 3D models waving their hands in the background doesn't change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom