• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Wanda really did Morb

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Y'know

I recently saw someone post a meme of PC gamers being Wojacks and crying about framerates being lower than like, IDK 200FPS or something, and then it showed Switch users as the Chads saying "30FPS is fine".

PC gamers are annoying (can confirm, am PC gamer) but lol who is flexing about 30FPS in the year 2022.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

So originally Mordo in the Multiverse of Madness was supposed to apparently meet a grim end as with the other Illuminati members.
“If I had a nickel for every time a cut marvel scene had the villain decapitate someone and show it to the hero, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird it happened twice”
So... think we're getting a Pokemon Presents anytime soon?

Idk, I'm bored.
June 29th is the next trailer. They are counting down each week by talking about each region. This will lead us to learn the name of the scarlet and violet region as they did with Galar in sword and shield.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Y'know

I recently saw someone post a meme of PC gamers being Wojacks and crying about framerates being lower than like, IDK 200FPS or something, and then it showed Switch users as the Chads saying "30FPS is fine".

PC gamers are annoying (can confirm, am PC gamer) but lol who is flexing about 30FPS in the year 2022.
I get the sentiment but I honestly still don't get how people can tell the framerate of the games. 60 and 30 FPS both look the same to me when I'm playing on the big screen.

Why is stuff related to frontiers in origins?
Apparently, Origins uses Frontiers' engine to render the 3D world map.

And now Sonic fans are pretending like leaving leftover data of future games is something uncommon and only the Sonic Team does it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
6 more main story chapters left of the Silver Snow path of Three Houses to get prepared for Three Hopes

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord

They hate him because hes speaking the truth

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
RHEA SQUARING UP AND SOTHIS USING HER SPINE LETS GO

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

They hate him because hes speaking the truth
I think part of it comes to the fact that Frozen is really in your face about how it's a Disney Princess movie that doesn't end in a kiss. It actively tries to deconstruct the classic Disney romance and does an...eh, okay job at it. It really wants you to know it's a deconstruction and I think it could have afforded a little more subtley.

Meanwhile Lilo and Stitch has some great social commentary in it, without being too in your face about how it subverts expectations for a Disney film. It puts emphasis on the importance of family without having to shout "look, we're not a typical Disney romance movie!"

There's also the fact that people see a little blue alien and think "oh, it's a movie for boys!" despite it being a movie that's really meant for everyone. Meanwhile Frozen is actively pushed as a movie for girls.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think part of it comes to the fact that Frozen is really in your face about how it's a Disney Princess movie that doesn't end in a kiss. It actively tries to deconstruct the classic Disney romance and does an...eh, okay job at it. It really wants you to know it's a deconstruction and I think it could have afforded a little more subtley.

Meanwhile Lilo and Stitch has some great social commentary in it, without being too in your face about how it subverts expectations for a Disney film. It puts emphasis on the importance of family without having to shout "look, we're not a typical Disney romance movie!"

There's also the fact that people see a little blue alien and think "oh, it's a movie for boys!" despite it being a movie that's really meant for everyone. Meanwhile Frozen is actively pushed as a movie for girls.
Lilo and Stitch deserves hell of a lot more respect for showing how harsh life's struggles can be in many different ways be it from grief, being poor and being seen as 'weird'. Hell, Hawaii's usually depicted as a total paradise but the movie has small bits and pieces that show that hey, it's kind of bad. Really wish they kept the deleted tourist scene. And the Pudge scene. What a movie

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lilo & Stitch is helluva better film by miles then Frozen is. Not even a close comparison. I respect it for the serious concept it tackles. Back when Disney was still at its finest.

Frozen wasn't a bad movie, but imo not as good as its made out to be. OK but over-rated. Zootopia, Moana and Encanto were good movies but they just don't hold a candle to the films from the golden age, 90s and early 2000s.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

So fun fact, John Lasseter, who at time was the head of the animation department, hated this movie so much that he forced Chris Sanders off his next project and took the helm of it.

The film was suppossed to be American Dog. What we got was Bolt.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So fun fact, John Lasseter, who at time was the head of the animation department, hated this movie so much that he forced Chris Sanders off his next project and took the helm of it.

The film was suppossed to be American Dog. What we got was Bolt.
Dude also made Cars and is a sexual predator

He just can't stop taking Ls

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
King Shark deserves his own adult cartoon.

Based upon the new comic series he got on himself. That'd be legit.

Better yet a show on him and Killer Croc, becoming the best of buds and apex predators.

I would totally watch that.

What do you think TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 ?

Last edited:

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Y'know

As a mostly switch player, my god I wished Dragon quest or Fire emblem had frame rates above 30fps. Also note the Fire emblem be chuggin’ the moment it needs to do any kind of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom