• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The ending to stranger things was pretty crazy. I liked the twist even though I saw part of him it coming but the execution was great.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The ending to stranger things was pretty crazy. I liked the twist even though I saw part of him it coming but the execution was great.
I wasn’t paying attention enough to realize all the teases leading to the ending, so a ****ing moon sized rollerskates struck me in the face

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Saw The Bob's Burger Movie this morning. It was refreshing to go to an early morning showing of something as well as the movie as a whole being generally low stakes. I don't think it ever made me laugh hard, but it left me feeling good just like the show itself. Am glad it's getting good reviews as I think it has a lot of heart; hopefully it's not being sent to completely die against Top Gun.

Only nitpicks I'd say is that the story low enough stakes that it arguably doesn't demand the big screen, feels more like a 3~4 part TV episode with a higher budget. The villain isn't bad, but I don't think was properly layered into the story (saying anymore would spoil the plot).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My N64 Switch controller arrived.

Did not know that it changes the UI sound effects in the N64 app so that was a pleasant surprise.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A Question for my fellow Japanese Superhero enjoyers here

I want to get into Ultraman I was considering starting with Ultraman Taiga or Ultraman Z are there any other really good ones that I should look into?
I don't have much experience with Ultra but Ultraseven is the big fan favourite. I also enjoyed Orb quite a bit, I know a lot of people recommend Nexus too but as great as Nexus supposedly is, it isn't representative of the franchise. OG is also a classic and Taro is a good time for peoplw who enjoy fun I believe

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wasn’t paying attention enough to realize all the teases leading to the ending, so a ****ing moon sized rollerskates struck me in the face
The biggest hint for me:
Was that they vecna trance could be broke by using something like music they could connect to peoples memories. Made me feel like that combined with the constant focus on the research lab using the same idea of having lab subjects focus on memories made me think that the reason for this backstory plot was it had to connect to the main one.

One even gives off vecna vibes but I was iffy on whether or not the worker was one.

Didn’t predict him to be victors kid though. Once he killed the guards the exact way, I knew that I was right to a degreeearly on and ge had to be the main villain. His performance is great though and that moment was still wild. I genuinely thought El took everyone out herself.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Thinking about the initial concept for Persona 5 Strikers being a series-wide crossover and while I understand why it was hard to realize, actually a Dissidia-style arena fighting game using characters from all six games can work very well if they just handwave the time travel like PQ did.

Even by just using protagonists, it could have a reasonably sized roster:

• Protagonist (Megami Ibunroku Persona)
  • Maki Sonomura (heroine of the first game's novel adaptation)
  • Tatsuya Suou (Persona 2: Innocent Sin)
  • Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)
  • Anna Yoshizaka (heroine of the second game's novel adaptation)
  • Makoto Yuki (Persona 3)
  • Aigis (Persona 3 FES: The Answer)
  • Kotone Shiomi (Persona 3 Portable)
  • Yu Narukami (Persona 4)
  • Yosuke Hanamura (hero of the Magician manga)
  • Naoto Shirogane (heroine of the Detective Naoto novel)
  • Ren Amamiya (Persona 5)

I'd also add the main characters of trinity soul and Tsumi to Batsu but they are not canon, so...

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Brute race:

1653919908916.png

“I’m Brute Pulu Kisi. Excuse my distress, I can’t seem to locate- oh, hello there.”

Alignment: Light-Neutral

Origin: Nepalese mythology. The white elephant and the steed of Indra. When Indra took the form of a human and descended to earth in order to gather flowers for his mother Aditi, only to be captured, Pulu Kisi broke his restraints and crashed around Kathmandu to find him. After Aditi cleared the misunderstanding, Pulu Kisi accepted to carry the souls of the locals to heaven after death. His mask is used to celebrate this occasion.

Skills: Mazandyne, Diarama, Dark Sword, Fire Dracostrike

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Jaki race.

Pulu Kisi’s look is heavily inspired by the decorations used in Nepalese festivals to represent him, hence the colorful attire. Him standing on two legs and wielding a sword seems a bit unusual take on him but it may be a way to present him as a good counterpart to Girimekhala. Pulu Kisi (mistyped as Purski) evolves into Ganesha in Nocturne, hailing from a common comparison between the two.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Man, i did not get a good night sleep last night.

my dog wouldn't stop annoying me and i couldn't figure out what they wanted at all, just woke up after falling asleep at 4 am.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
So who actually stands a chance at being one of the 10 DLC characters in Strikers?

We aren’t getting clones because they only exist in Mario kart to balance weight classes.

So with that in mind it’s gonna be unique characters.

My predictions:

1)Daisy
2)Pauline
3) one of the rabbit bosses from Odyssey
4) Bowser Jr
5) E Gadd
6)Birdo
7) K. Rool
8)Sumo Bro
9) Kamek
10) Goomboss
My personal predictions are

daisy
Bowser jr
Pete
A Luigi mansion rep
Koopa troopa
Shy guy
Kamek
DT bones
Diddy
Wiggler (bold prediction)

if we’re lucky we could get a 2nd goalkeeper instead of one of these or even with the 10 extras.

Reactions: Z25

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here is something I found on Youtube.

Didn't know how fast Machamp could swim.

EDIT: I hope the last word in the video's name does not offend the mods, even though it is not fully spelled out. Should I get rid of the video?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I just want to go bakaretsu stuff as I'm pre-Konosuba Megumin! Especially this moth that's been flying around my desk the past 15 minutes. I should resurrect my dog for five minutes so it can hunt it down.

Also need to post the best ed since Konosuba Season 3 is now a thing:

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Vector might be the most Sigma Sonic Character out there.

• Got that drip (gold chain, got the Raycons, got the black air force 1s)
  • Stays on that (self employeed) grindset
  • Stacks hella paper
  • His bros always there for him
  • Got a whip, bro got the lambo
  • Canonical milf hunter (Got a crush on Vanilla)
May be a goated character

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You're looking at a man who's beaten Sonic Spinball.

with save states sure but c'mon, cut me some slack because the game is ****ing BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom